It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Legislator Makes Statement May 8, 2010 on Un-Released Eisenhower Brief Regarding ET's

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Mclaneinc

Sorry but extrodinary claims require at least some evidence. Anything i hear in ufology i presume to be rubbish until i can check and verify it.

Zero corroborating evidence to support anything he says and glaring errors such as mentioning buzz aldrin in regards to the ETH.

It shows this guy doesnt have a clue what he's talking about. Another BS artist but the gullible will lap it up becuase thats what they do.

prove me wrong.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

Originally posted by dragonsmusic
Why are you demanding that this man single-handedly remove the entire veil? While I agree with you that his position was only that of a politician and is therefor exagerrated, I would like to point out that it is precisely his position which put him in the position to see the document.

Why would his office put him in any position to see a document of that nature? It makes no sense. If you believe the government is trying to cover-up the presence of extraterrestrials, why would they reveal the truth to a state legislator?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's thought about this. Paul Kimball shares similar thoughts on his website.

It's not to say that his office put him in the position where he could see it. Who knows how each and/or all documents were passed in the sixties? They had no internet, I'm just saying it's more likely to have happened on the desk of someone with political power, as opposed to say some desk that belonged to a mechanic. Nothing against mechanics of course. This is yet another person in a sensitive position who believes COMPLETELY that what he saw was real. It means something when ALL of these political and military connected people are talking publicly. They cannot all be talking weather balloons here.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

Though you argumentation is usually logical, this time you refuse to backup your theory by proof. You just claim that he has to be lying or to be confused or a combination of both without delivering facts that your theory could be hardened by. (I hope my english isn't too bad, I'm from good ole Krautsland)

You just say, the fact that some people think this man deserves (because of his political position) a bit more trust than the average joe, doesn't make him more trustable (so far you're right; in fact, many politicians have proven that they're far from beeing trustable).

But in fact, the testimony this man delivered is in it's quality no much different from what the men and women of the disclosure project delivered.

So if you're not so consequent to say that also those people where lying, insane or a combination of both, you should refuse to call this man like that.

In fact, all we have, are the words of those people, and our gutfeelings (some posts ago, I wrote some of my thoughts about those gutfeelings).

My guts tell me this man is speaking the truth. I may be wrong, but until the day I'm proven wrong, I feel happy and excited, because my life is a bit more colorful, and there's still hope that one goddamn day everything on this planet full of crazyness will change to the benefit of us all.

Yeah, I really hope that.

Because the cold facts of the politics are frightening me to the bones: I'm living in europe, the euro seems to be in the free fall, and I know enough about history to know that it repeats constantly. Maybe now you can understand my desire for some really "new" news...

[edit on 13/5/10 by Peloquin]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peloquin
Though you argumentation is usually logical, this time you refuse to backup your theory by proof...

Because I have no proof. All I have is an argument. I've already stated that.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
This is one big step forward, and it is on par with our Canadian whistle blower, the former head of Defense, Paul Hellyer, who has been criticized, though he is a former head of Defense, entrusted with our National Security, and criticizing him is to imply that our Goverment Defense Department is clueless and miniscule in its capacity. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Yes, but one key difference is that Henry W. McElroy, Jr. actually saw the document while Paul Hellyer just read Corso's book, which anybody has access to. So in terms of credibility and directness of the source Henry W. McElroy, Jr. is far far better.

-rrr

edited fer grammer

[edit on 13-5-2010 by rickyrrr]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Peloquin

Agreed, it's not looking good here in Europe at the moment. God knows we don't need another war, but as you said, history has a way of repeating itelf.

BTW, your english is fine, but please don't be offended if I say I couldn't help but read it in my head with a German accent
as soon as you mentioned it, there it was!

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by manta78

Great videos on front page but what i'd like to know is :

Why is it always about the American people?

The whole World need to know!! Ok, maybe the first vid there is mention of quite a few countries disclosing info but the 2nd one it's all about the American people.

Anyway it looks like there has been contact for a good while now...

A couple other questions are:

How can we evolve when there are certain groups/factions still trying to take over the World?

With a possible World War looming, how will this Evolvement be possible?

Yeah, this is quite sad, and just shows how primitive we are really. We should be patriotic to our planet, not our countries. We are all human, all related, but we still deal in tribal warfare, and this "we are better than you" stupid way of thinking

Do you think Religion has held us back?

I'm just thinking that we would have been searching for these signs of Ancient Civilizations/ET's a long time ago if all these different religions hadn't popped up saying this or that...

If you look at most problems today it is to do with one religion or another... there's even a possible 3rd World War about to start in the name of Religion.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Gutterpus

You're right. We who are discussing here in anonymosity, we have no face to lose, because we have no faces here.

But this man showed his face, and he said what he said, and I think the chance for him to gain some profit or positive reaction is significant smaller than the chance for him to get totally tattered by the media. He is in danger to lose his credibility he may have as a Rep., and possibly more.

I know there are people doing what he did in hope to make money, but I didn't have the feeling that this man wanted to sell me something.

Much more, as another poster in this thread meant, it seems like as if this man took a burden from his shoulders by making his testimony.

Maybe the brief he's talking about was fabricated, but I have the feeling that this man is believing what he is talking about.

I trust him. Of course he seems much more trustworthy than those people that lead my and many other people's countries...

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
That you so much for this thread, thank you!!!!

One line post. Please review.

[edit on 5/13/2010 by yeahright]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Britain's new conservative Prime Minister, David Cameron, might trump U.S. politicians on a galactic scale. According to a 2009 report by BBC, "David Cameron has vowed to publish any secret files that may exist on UFOs if he becomes prime minister. Speaking at one of his regular Cameron Direct public meetings, he pledged to be 'open and frank' with any government knowledge about close encounters…"

See link for full story:

www.examiner.com...

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris

reply to post by manta78

Great videos on front page but what i'd like to know is :

Why is it always about the American people?

The whole World need to know!! Ok, maybe the first vid there is mention of quite a few countries disclosing info but the 2nd one it's all about the American people.

Anyway it looks like there has been contact for a good while now...

A couple other questions are:

How can we evolve when there are certain groups/factions still trying to take over the World?

With a possible World War looming, how will this Evolvement be possible?

Yeah, this is quite sad, and just shows how primitive we are really. We should be patriotic to our planet, not our countries. We are all human, all related, but we still deal in tribal warfare, and this "we are better than you" stupid way of thinking

Do you think Religion has held us back?

I'm just thinking that we would have been searching for these signs of Ancient Civilizations/ET's a long time ago if all these different religions hadn't popped up saying this or that...

If you look at most problems today it is to do with one religion or another... there's even a possible 3rd World War about to start in the name of Religion.

Yes, i do believe religon has held us back, and still does. I am truely against being patriotic for your country, as that does not help either.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cygnis
Sadly, as was stated by Bill Clinton years ago "There is a government inside the government, and I don't control it" (I believe was the quote).

Even with FOIA the "internal" group keeps information from the "external" government. If that is the case, then we have a serious problem with our government.

That does explain a lot, IMHO, as to why we are kept in the dark about many things, and why so many things we are "promised" never comes to fruition.

Even Canada's former Sec of Def said we need to do something about our government.

As for those who are still drinking the kool-aid of "oh grow up, UFO/ET/Disclosure aren't real/gonna happen. I say to you, until you realize that it's people like you who don't help pressure the government, that will be the case, and you can continue to live in your comfy lil bubble and watch American idol / dancing with the stars.

I agree, all the "sheep" need to wake up and realize that THEY are the "delusional" ones, hiding behind a false sense of security that our "good government" would NEVER keep the people in the dark about anything, especially the UFO/Alien subject...well to me, this guy's video should be a "wake up" slap in the face to you, not many State Legislatures would risk their credibility on something like this if there wasn't a point to it, or truth in it IMO...

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
reply to post by Riposte

Perhaps somebody can pull up the old story of the comedian Jackie Gleason, a very close friend of Eisenhower's. On his death bed, so to speak, Gleason told that Eisenhower confided to him that ETs were real and that he had met them when supposedly golfing in Palm Springs. I know this story in some form has been hashed around the UFO community for decades if not even here on ATS.

Jackie Gleason was good friends with Nixon. While Nixon was in California, some how Gleason was shown something that shocked him to death. He did say it was aliens in some kind of cold storage, at what may have been Edwards air force base. From what I recall this was mentioned in Lucy Ball's autobiography.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

No offense sir, but even an argument should be backed up by something!

In fact the kind of arguments I used to know, but maybe this word has another meaning in english. In my language, an argument is something that can convince. But just to say someone is lying or insane etc. without giving the smallest hint why exactly he shall be like this is not an argument (as I defined it here), it's (as someone else already said) just an insult.

(But really no offense, usually I like your sceptizism and your thoughts resulting from it)

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

Just think... back in school we would have had ET studies instead of Religious Studies!! I think that would have been far more interesting... probably would have been taking trips to view ancient sites and discussing motives for their visits... also we would have been working out ways to make contact far earlier than we actually did.... maybe we would have been more Spirually aware sooner too... reaching the higher plains!!

[edit on 13-5-2010 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

At the moment you have no idea who he is, who he knows, or who he is friends with, so calling him crazy without any real evidence to back that up means nothing.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peloquin
No offense sir, but even an argument should be backed up by something!

In fact the kind of arguments I used to know, but maybe this word has another meaning in english. In my language, an argument is something that can convince. But just to say someone is lying or insane etc. without giving the smallest hint why exactly he shall be like this is not an argument (as I defined it here), it's (as someone else already said) just an insult.

No, it is offensive. You claim, wrongly, that I declared him lying or insane without "the slightest hint" of why. Apparently, you did not bother reading past the first two lines. Since you missed the two paragraphs that followed, here they are again...

Those proclaiming McElroy's claim to be gospel, significant, ground-shaking news have not given his claims the slightest bit of critical thought. Mr. McElroy provides no evidence, none, and by his own admission cannot verify any of his claims. Those accepting his claims based on his former position are relying on a combination of cognitive bias and an appeal-to-authority; he is a politician, saying what I want to hear, therefore it must be true.

Mr. McElroy's claims make no sense. Some are clinging to the non-sequitur of his former position, exaggerating it's importance. He was only a member of a state legislature. The New Hampshire legislature has 424 members. Thousands of people across the country serve in such positions. Even if you narrow it down to people who serve or have served or will serve in committees similar to McElroy's State-Federal Relations and Veterans Affairs Committee, you are still left with thousands of people. Each one of them a security-risk, each one of them a temporary employee. Why would the government divulge such a great secret to someone who in the grand scheme of things is a nobody?

Further, in subsequent conversation with Maybe Maybe Not, I pointed out how Mr. McElroy only gives us the minimum information necessary, he's very short on details.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ThenThanCorrectionMan

do you have a critical thinking bone in your body? why would a document like this be passed around a committee thats of so low importance? this supposedly a coverup been going on for 60 years, run by a secret government within a government, but they pass it to State-Federal Relations and Veterans Affairs Committee??!

it doesnt make any sense whatsoever. Its not even withing the bounds of reality. why would a committee that deals with the law in regards to army vets entitlements & compensation have the need to know about or see any such document and what would they do with such information that relates to their job? . Maybe one of the vets was unjured by an alien?

[edit on 13-5-2010 by yeti101]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join