It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Legislator Makes Statement May 8, 2010 on Un-Released Eisenhower Brief Regarding ET's

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Very cheap shot Doomsday...very cheap...

Can you prove he could not have seen this document?

Until we know the facts it's just downright ignorant to presume dishonesty or illness. Posts like that are done for effect and are un-needed. Prove him a liar or whatever and then call him what you like, until then show some respect.

Respect, a word that has no meaning these days bar being used by snot nosed punks demanding we respect them...

As we say in England, they can jog on....

link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
Whilst I understand the principle you expound in this instance, I think your expression was a little on the strong side.

Perhaps, but what other option is there?

Just as it makes no sense that the government would reveal this information to a state legislator, it makes no sense for to give him disinformation of this nature either.

link   
As Mulder said in the X-files: "I want to believe."

However, there seems to be certain things getting in the way of this belief.

I can't say one way or another if aliens exist. I think the crop circles are rather odd, and I do not think they are made with wood and a rope, but the UFO's could be just that : unidentified flying objects, not necessarily aliens. They could be human controlled secret military projects.

But my real barrier to this alien theory is that the government could use this just as an excuse to get military power:

Imagine being in the military, maybe you are a general or high colonel, and someone debriefs you on top secret "alien information." You are now forced to be compartmentalized and keep secrets for reasons of "national security." You can never ask too many questions because the "aliens" might get mad and use their death beam on the world. An elaborate fairy tale for grownups. So now the military has an excuse to have top secret facilities like Area 51, no doubt unlimited funding with no government oversight, and no way for the public to know. Come on, isn't that a little odd sounding? Imagine becoming president of a foreign nation, and over night revamping the entire system because of a possible "alien threat." Or better yet, becoming CEO of a major corporation and then "embezzling" all its money because you have to redirect that money to handle an "alien threat."

To me, this whole alien theory sounds like an excuse for governments to spend X amount of dollars on military equipment, the ability to act in secrecy because the "public can't handle this information" and basically a way of going around the Constitution because of these new-age, extra terrestrial dangers.

In the same way that "terrorists" are just an excuse for private military companies to reap benefits, maybe "aliens" are just an excuse to militarize space.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
No wonder new members are always confused. Something like this hits the net and much of ATS collectively says it's not true?! WTF are conspiracy theorists to do? This is amazing news.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Only issue with that is that you really can't ask for public money when your stance is that they don't exist?

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

Whilst I understand the principle you expound in this instance, I think your expression was a little on the strong side.

Just as it makes no sense that the government would reveal this information to a state legislator, it makes no sense for to give him disinformation of this nature either.

DoomsdayRex.....

So.....we get back to the usual problem with this vexed topic.....

We just don't have enough information.

I'm hoping I might get some time free tomorrow to dig around some more.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

link   

Originally posted by Mclaneinc
Very cheap shot Doomsday...very cheap...

Can you prove he could not have seen this document?

Until we know the facts it's just downright ignorant to presume dishonesty or illness...

Can I prove he has not seen the document? No. But I can provide a cogent argument why he may not have. In the mean time, I have emailed his former committee asking them if they can verify his claims.

And I did not presume anything about Mr. McElroy. I read his claim and thought about it critically, only then coming to a conclusion.

Those of you complaining about my opinion of Mr. McElroy seem to have only read the first two lines of my post and not any of the argument behind it. Here is the rest, since you apparently missed it.

Those proclaiming McElroy's claim to be gospel, significant, ground-shaking news have not given his claims the slightest bit of critical thought. Mr. McElroy provides no evidence, none, and by his own admission cannot verify any of his claims. Those accepting his claims based on his former position are relying on a combination of cognitive bias and an appeal-to-authority; he is a politician, saying what I want to hear, therefore it must be true.

Mr. McElroy's claims make no sense. Some are clinging to the non-sequitur of his former position, exaggerating it's importance. He was only a member of a state legislature. The New Hampshire legislature has 424 members. Thousands of people across the country serve in such positions. Even if you narrow it down to people who serve or have served or will serve in committees similar to McElroy's State-Federal Relations and Veterans Affairs Committee, you are still left with thousands of people. Each one of them a security-risk, each one of them a temporary employee. Why would the government divulge such a great secret to someone who in the grand scheme of things is a nobody?

link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

How about sitting on the fence a little? I have already stated that this is strong evidence IMO, but I would never state outright that this was absolute proof! there is way too little info to claim one way or another that this is proof.

Leave yourself open to the possibility that this guy is telling the truth, whilst also remaining skeptical as to his motives. It is just as ignorant to instantly dismiss this man as a liar or mentally incapable outright on this one statement as it is to claim that this is absolute proof of alien life.

ETA:
I'm with Maybe...Maybe not on this one. We need more information... as usual!

[edit on 13-5-2010 by nik1halo]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by manta78

I do not know Mr. McElroy's reason for doing this.

I will say that he usually seems genuine in this video.

There are times when I question what he may mean. If you watch the video, you will notice a time when he says something - pauses and looks to the left for a moment - then turns back.

But this is not disclosure. There is no solid proof available yet still and I do not know the man or his motives. Maybe he was paid to do this? He was very...

presidential.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

DoomsdayRex.....

Can I prove he has not seen the document? No.

As per my early posts, therein lies another core issue.....

What if we could prove he did see the document, but the document was a fake?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 13-5-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   

DoomsdayRex,

Sorry to tell you, but if Jesus himself came down and told me that the whole thing involved aliens all along, I would look at Him cross-eyed for a minute. And I would believe it.

It doesn't matter what "position" someone is in - except for that they use that particular position to try to sway someone.

If President Obama said, "There be aliens in the midst!" I'd say, "Take another hit, El Presidente."

I do not believe anyone in the government for any reason at all that pertains to their jobs.

The Vatican has released statements to the same effect. I do not care.

Other countries, astronauts, and plenty of ATS members with the ability to think also say things to the same effect.

I am not convinced.

So, when I see this video of Mr. McElroy telling us his side, I think to myself, "One more human being in the mix. One more guy telling me he knows something that he wants to share."

Well... he's very believable, regardless of his supposedly MEAGER position (how narrow of you, Mr. NobodyRex).

BUT - this is the real reason to doubt : Nothing is for free.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

As per my early posts, therein lies another core issue.....

What if we could prove he did see the document, but the document was a fake?

Then I suppose I would be right in saying he is confused, wouldn't I?

Self-aggrandizing aside, it would be very helpful if we knew the circumstance under which he saw this document. I find it very interesting he provides only the bare-minimum context.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

DoomsdayRex.....

I find it very interesting he provides only the bare-minimum context.

That's a very good point & one which I had not considered.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Riposte

Perhaps somebody can pull up the old story of the comedian Jackie Gleason, a very close friend of Eisenhower's. On his death bed, so to speak, Gleason told that Eisenhower confided to him that ETs were real and that he had met them when supposedly golfing in Palm Springs. I know this story in some form has been hashed around the UFO community for decades if not even here on ATS.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Why are you demanding that this man single-handedly remove the entire veil? While I agree with you that his position was only that of a politician and is therefor exagerrated, I would like to point out that it is precisely his position which put him in the position to
SEE the document.

Why is it OK to rant and rave about how he cannot verify the information? He's only saying "this is what I saw". Why treat him like he's some loony troll on ATS making up some dumb crap?

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
reply to post by Riposte

Perhaps somebody can pull up the old story of the comedian Jackie Gleason, a very close friend of Eisenhower's. On his death bed, so to speak, Gleason told that Eisenhower confided to him that ETs were real and that he had met them when supposedly golfing in Palm Springs. I know this story in some form has been hashed around the UFO community for decades if not even here on ATS.

The Jackie Gleason story had to do with Nixon, not Eisenhower.

Just wanted to clarify.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonsmusic
Why are you demanding that this man single-handedly remove the entire veil? While I agree with you that his position was only that of a politician and is therefor exagerrated, I would like to point out that it is precisely his position which put him in the position to see the document.

Why would his office put him in any position to see a document of that nature? It makes no sense. If you believe the government is trying to cover-up the presence of extraterrestrials, why would they reveal the truth to a state legislator?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's thought about this. Paul Kimball shares similar thoughts on his website.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
He says the brief to eisenhower was that ETs are in the USA wtf? like living among us? (4.00 on youtube vid) ???

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
patience, patience people.

let it unfold

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
With my awesome mental superpowers i predict the following:

"People, ETs are amongst and above us, we are too weak, you all have to change your way of life, while were arming space, also you have to unite under a NWO to face the alien "threat", and we have to decimate half of the human populace, cause its the reasonable thing to do. Thanks for the compliance once again, and have a nice day, as long as it lasts"

Every kind of "disclosure" that comes from the government should be taken with several grains of salt.

[edit on 13-5-2010 by Dynamitrios]

[edit on 13-5-2010 by Dynamitrios]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join