It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Legislator Makes Statement May 8, 2010 on Un-Released Eisenhower Brief Regarding ET's

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Lol. Yes...the long hours we spend here at ATS...so much time, so much work (uh-oh)
I mean so much reading to do here.....

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by manta78

Lol. Yes...the long hours we spend here at ATS...so much time, so much work (uh-oh)
I mean so much reading to do here.....

Manta78.....

And here we are.....stuck again.

We have no proof of anything in this case.

Oh well.....

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

Dear DoomsdayRex

I am all for being skeptical however with the Canadian guy last week and one of your American guys this week it would seam like you are heading for a hiding.

You know you can only loose right.

It doesn’t matter it disclosure come this week next week or in a hundred years time.

As a skeptic you can only loose.

What really get up my nose is why the MSM are not all over this like a bad rash.

It has to be them in TPTB controlling them right??

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by DelMarvel

Originally posted by manta78

Originally posted by Urantia1111
Rex uve been breaking balls on this thread since page 1. almost like its ur job to wail away on this thread until it dies.

-------------------------------

I was kind of wondering the same thing under that
old expression of: "Me thinks thou doth protest too much me thinks "

and yes I know that is not the correct actual quote but the sentiment is the same.

The old "you must be a paid shill" ad hom.

Just as much a character assassination as what the skeptics here have been accused of.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Actually I was referring to the correct expression which is:
"the lady doth protests too much me thinks". Seen it happen hundreds of time both here and in life. Not saying Rex is doing that, just an analysis in my opinion. He has been quite liberal in his application of adjectives to describe this gentlemen in negative terms. As I stated in an earlier posts, there really is no right or wrong comment with regards to this ET's issue. I do believe however that when, not if, disclosure occurs, there needs to be a lot of understanding about this issues, with answers thought ahead of time. This forum, as well as all forums on ATS, provides that opportunity for us to have at least a glint of idea how we will respond when asked at some point in the future.

If you look at my signature below, it states that "Absense of
Evidence is not Evidence of Absense" something I believe in.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by manta78]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by MAC269
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

Dear DoomsdayRex
I am all for being skeptical however with the Canadian guy last week and one of your American guys this week it would seam like you are heading for a hiding.

MAC269.....

Perhaps you should look more closely into that "Canadian guy last week".

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Dear Maybe...maybe not

Don’t you think we have had enough proof yet?

The Canadian last week this guy this week and so far as I know neither are selling books.

Anyway with everything else it just about does it for me.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I am not concerned at this point. It has only been 5 days since he
had the first article in print, and 2 days since he released the video on youtube.com and with no main stream media apparently interested
in this story, I guess it will once again be our job as members to
bring the truth out, so the MSM can tell us all about it at their leisure.
Personally I would like to see him on Larry King for at least 30 minutes.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Dear Maybe...maybe not

Why what am I missing??/

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by DelMarvel
The old "you must be a paid shill" ad hom.

Just as much a character assassination as what the skeptics here have been accused of.

Right. Unable to form any sort of cogent argument defending McElroy, they have to turn to ad hominems and red-herrings.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by manta78

Manta78.....

Not that Doomsday Rex needs any support from me.....

However I think his very strong expression in this thread is taking the focus away from his not entirely unreasonable argument.

Unfortunately, we really don't have a whole lot to go on in this case.

As ever, it remains a frustrating & elusive topic.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 14-5-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   

I am all for being skeptical however with the Canadian guy last week and one of your American guys this week it would seam like you are heading for a hiding...

The "Canadian guy last week" is former Defense Minister Paul Hellyer, who has been speaking about the UFO issue since 2005. Hellyer did not become interested in the subject until 2005, long after his tenure as Defense Minister. Nothing about his former post informed his current opinion. It came only after reading The Day After Roswell in 2005 then supposedly speaking to a US Air Force general with loose lips.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

MAC269

Don’t you think we have had enough proof yet?

For me? …..no.

I still cannot be certain we are being visited by extraterrestrials

The Canadian last week this guy this week and so far as I know neither are selling books.

I too have not seen any material indicating those 2 are selling books.

Anyway with everything else it just about does it for me.

So like me you’re not 100% convinced?

It sounds like we aren’t too “far away” from each other with all of this.

Why what am I missing??/

I’m assuming you’re referring to the ex Canadian defense minister……is that right?

If so, his statements are old, his comments have no official standing & he does not refer to any firsthand experience.

If you are referring to someone else, I apologise for jumping to the wrong conclusion…..please let know to whom you referred.

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

[edit on 14-5-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
This story will likely fizzle away into nothing with no real proof being provided other than a youtube video of a guy telling tales. How many of those have we had to endure over the years?
How many times will people be fooled by the same old tricks?

"Oh... I don't actually have any physical proof for what I'm saying and none of you really know me - but please trust in everything that I say."

Needless to say, the only thing that is definite is that the true believers will keep on flogging that dead horse as they always do and treating this nobody as a hero.

This willingness to accept anything at face value is the very reason why UFOlogy is filled with charlatans. You guys create the fertile ground in which they prosper.

All I'm seeing here is a thread littered with CONFIRMATION BIAS. How original!

For once in your lives, why can't you just wait for this guy to prove his claims beyond doubt before you go mindlessly jumping on his bandwagon. All I see is the adult equivalent of 'taking candy from strangers'.

Let's just wait and see. If I'm wrong, I'll make a public apology on the forum which is more than I can say for those so willing to believe that they destroy the very field of research they claim they care so much about.

IRM

[edit on 14/5/10 by InfaRedMan]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Ok guys and gals, just for the sake of arguement let's assume that disclosure occurs, and even this guy admits he was wrong....

www.skeptic.com...

Then what?......... Will it takes days, weeks, months or years for the
majority of earth's population to believe it, and finally accept same?

Again, remember this is proof beyond reasonable doubt, whatever that may end up being....

Comments?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
First off, I have to say that this man is a State Legislator...
I have seen many totally loony State Legislators before say some really preposterous things.
That being said, you really have to look at a preponderance of evidence.
Too many good, hard-working, honest people have said that this is real.
How can they all be ignored?
Simply put, they can't.
The preponderance of evidence points to this statement being true.
ET's are among us, and they have been for most of human history.
It's only an issue at this point for those who do NOT believe, and there are a few out there... lol
Steven Greer started with the best of intentions, then got lost on the way.
It happens... Money talks, after all.
The Disclosure Project was a wonderful thing in many ways, and one cannot ignore all of the evidence that was brought forward.
I can honestly say that it opened my eyes to quite a few truths.
Even if Greer has become an idiot, none of it started that way, and one truly cannot dismiss all of these witnesses as crackpots.
If even 4 or 5 of them were correct, this is real, people. Think about it.
We have been gradually indoctrinated towards the reality of all of this, and yes, on this forum, I am generally preaching to the choir.
Many of us here have had our own strange experiences that we cannot explain.
I personally believe that the U.S. Government finally came to the conclusion that they cannot keep the lid on this forever, and here we are.
Disclosure has already happened, it is all around you.
This is yet another small, yet relevant piece of the puzzle.
Eyes to the skies, my friends, fight the good fight.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Dear InfaRedMan

If disclosure happens you will not need to come here and say you where wrong.

But what will you argue then???

You say believers jump on anything or anybody who promotes their point of view.

What will it take for you guys to see the TPTB are making fools out of you?? How much was the black budget last year that being your TAX dollars???

I start with this I do not believe TPTB, now the problem with that is I don’t know what the lies are but I am pretty sure it is if their lips are moving.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by wonkamaniac

That's an interesting letter to Obama as posted in your thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Was that an actual letter sent, and if so, did you get a response, or was it just an open letter published in this forum?

Also are you a M.I.B. ?
looking at your photo....

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Dear Maybe...maybe not

Quite right yes we are close on this, I would like a piece of the real Roswell craft in my hand or something of that sort.

However in the absence of that I do find it very hard to ignore all the evidences that have been presented over the years.

Including that of my own eyes.

Oh and yes I was talking about the Canadian defense minister, what would his motive by for telling pork pies.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MarrsAttax

Given that I really know nothing about any of these people I'd appreciate if you could spell out why you've reached that conclusion.

becuase i know how "ufologists" like stephen basset, stanton friedman & Art Campbell operate.

you must be new to the ufo game if you dont. They pull witnesses out their ass & write statements for them to sign or read. The motivation of the "witness" can vary. Alot of the time they have a big interest in the ufo subject and are persuaded to rack their memory for soem info they might have "forgotten" ideas are suggested to them and theyre arm twisted by the idea that their crucial testimony could open the floodgates to other genuine witnesses.

Other witnesses are just pure hoaxers having fun writing themselves into ufo mythology like frank kaufman.

It was a ufologist who first suggested creating fake documents (mj-12) to "smoke out the truth". Except they have a hard time admitting theyre fake and sell books etc about it to keep their little industry going. Friedman was one of the few ufologists who thought creating fake documents was a good idea. Guess who writes books about mj-12?

you can tell the way he's reading that statement he never wrote it. This was the first big clue of someone behind the scenes influencing it. That led me to campbell whos associated with friedman, basset etc

no need for me to hear any more. These people are untrustworthy and often work together to intertwine or compliment each others material. Campbells books are a classic example of that. His stuff is a spin off from a fake document. I dont need to hear anymore.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by yeti101]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   

reply to post by InfaRedMan

Dear InfaRedMan

If disclosure happens you will not need to come here and say you where wrong.

But what will you argue then???

I believe in Aliens & UFO's. I'm just skeptical of people. Because I believe in said phenomena, does not mean I automatically believe in the folklore.

You say believers jump on anything or anybody who promotes their point of view.

They do! Of that there is no argument. This is fact!

IRM

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join