It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Legislator Makes Statement May 8, 2010 on Un-Released Eisenhower Brief Regarding ET's

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

Come on dude - this isn't the best, I think it's just great he has the guts to do what he did, given that he's an elected representative for his state. That surely means something, no matter how we feel about politicians. If more politicians who had information did what he did, we'd be better off. Hell, that took tons of guts – and maybe a shot or two. It had to have been hard as hell for him to do. I bet his family was just as squeamish as a toad on an ant hill the whole time. I give him kudos. But is he the all in all? No, he's just a step. It'll be steps taken for disclosure to come out, and there have been a few taken. But I have hope that this is just one that leads to disclosure. And who knows, maybe he was set up (asked by others in his arena) to speak to people this way so those others (who could perhaps have more information) could get an idea how “we” would respond. What do you think, how’s our response so far?

Peace

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
I have chills. seriously. Could this really be happening? Can we get people to listen?
I am very excited to see what may come of this.

I have chills too. But it's over the very frightening fact people are taking a politician at his word...

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

Originally posted by NephraTari
I have chills. seriously. Could this really be happening? Can we get people to listen?
I am very excited to see what may come of this.

I have chills too. But it's over the very frightening fact people are taking a politician at his word...

Same as calling him insane,mental, even before you know his state of mind. Sigh!

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
As Elmer Fudd once so ably put it, "Vewy intowesting."

I think the former legislator from New Hampshire is on the side of the angels, particularly in featuring the final printed quote from Eisenhower about governments getting out of the way and giving the people the peace that they want so much, BUT . . .

Let's not forget the cautionary warning given by Wehner Von Braun, a man as important to rocketry as Fudd once was to cartoons:

Keep your eyes peeled, your VCRs serviced, and your internet fees paid. My 2 cents worth.

[edit on 13-5-2010 by ipsedixit]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
All I see here is a crazy old man, he seems to struggle to concentrate and read from his que card and his speech patterns are strange and staggered.
The fact that he was a state legislator is completely irrelavent, he is not presenting any proof let alone evidence - just another hollow story.
All the believers wetting their pants over this need to chill out, it's just a story.
No evidence, no proof, no sale.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I just watched the video and read through all the responses.

While I do not feel that McElroy is lying, I do feel that a few clarifications would help with his testimony.
However, before I get to that, I think some people need to be reminded of what is being presented in this video - McElroy is giving his testimony of what he saw. Testimony is a form of evidence. It does not require evidence - it is evidence. In the case of visual testimony, as in "Yes, your honor, I saw Mr.X shoot Mrs. X in the back," it can be difficult to get corroborating evidence of what a person witnessed; however, that doesn't discredit their testimony if none can be found. It all comes down to whether you are believed or not, but, like some are doing, to demand evidence of testimony is logically flawed.

What I'd like to know is:

How exactly did this representative acquire an official presidential briefing?
and
What possessed McElroy to release this information at this point in time?

While I see no reason for McElroy to be making this up, and it does corroborate other stories of the Eisenhower ET encounter, I will definitely wait to see how this unfolds before I make my mind up on its importance.

[edit on 13-5-2010 by xEphon]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

It doesn't add any relevance or take away any from his claims. It shows him to be a bit of a character, but nothing that pertains to his claims.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by xEphon
n the case of visual testimony, as in "Yes, you're honor, I saw Mr.X shoot Mrs. X in the back," it can be difficult to get corroborating evidence of what a person witnessed...

Except to be a more accurate analogy, there would be no evidence in the first place that Mrs. X was ever shot.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

What appears ignorant is your assumption that I don't understand this subject. The question of life elsewhere is irrelevant to the question of visiting aliens. How familiar are you with Astronomy and physics? Do you remotely comprehend the distances and expenditure of energy involved in interstellar flight? To simply say "well, they are more advanced than us" is simply making up Bull....!
There is absolutly ZERO evidence of any "alien" life visiting Earth. None.
No matter how much you 'believe" it just isn't true.
There is no disclosure because there is nothing to disclose.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
looks like he's reading that statement for the first time, i'm thinking he probably didnt write it , if he didnt who did?. I wonder if it was him who created the BrieftoEisenhower blog at worldpress & youtube channel?

My spidey senses are tingling.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arkady
All I see here is a crazy old man, he seems to struggle to concentrate and read from his que card and his speech patterns are strange and staggered.
The fact that he was a state legislator is completely irrelavent, he is not presenting any proof let alone evidence - just another hollow story.
All the believers wetting their pants over this need to chill out, it's just a story.
No evidence, no proof, no sale.

I did not see this. Why do some people label people with words like these, even when they know its not true! Its so sad!

I am a skeptic, not a de-bunker. I will not put someone down people he talks about ET, but that does not mean i believe him, but i keep an open mind until more is known about him, and what he is talking about. But some people jsut go straight for the kill with huge insults.

They are brave for coming forward if they are telling the truth, because then they have to deal with de-bunkers who dont want the truth, and never did. I think if ET was disclosed, then these people would be pi**ed off, though they would never admit it. Gues they would have to find another insulting hobby!

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris
Same as calling him insane,mental, even before you know his state of mind. Sigh!

I'm going to spell it out for you one more time since you apparently have trouble comprehending the point I'm trying to get across.

I did not dismiss as lying or insane. I actually bothered to read what he had to say and think about it critically. Then I drew a conclusion. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I'm going to spell it out for you one more time since you apparently have trouble comprehending the point I'm trying to get across.

I did not dismiss as lying or insane. I actually bothered to read what he had to say and think about it critically. Then I drew a conclusion. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

Ok, this is my opinion. You came to that conclusion before you even watched the video. You are a de-bunker, and thats what de-bunkers do. They dont really care about et disclosure, even though they would never admit it.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
looks like he's reading that statement for the first time, i'm thinking he probably didnt write it , if he didnt who did?. I wonder if it was him who created the BrieftoEisenhower blog at worldpress & youtube channel?

My spidey senses are tingling.

Interesting...I wonder if this has shades of the Raising Atlantis or Shadow of the Colossus hoaxes...

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by xEphon
n the case of visual testimony, as in "Yes, you're honor, I saw Mr.X shoot Mrs. X in the back," it can be difficult to get corroborating evidence of what a person witnessed...

Except to be a more accurate analogy, there would be no evidence in the first place that Mrs. X was ever shot.

Touché. But the answer to that is the very crux of the UFO debate.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Ok, this is my opinion. You came to that conclusion before you even watched the video. You are a de-bunker, and thats what de-bunkers do. They dont really care about et disclosure, even though they would never admit it.

But! Isn't that the...

So, let's get this straight. Based on the examination of McElroy's claims, we cannot say that he is lying, hoaxing, insane or so forth. However, based on my posts, you can claim to read my mind and know what's in my heart-of-hearts.

Right.

So, what makes me a debunker?

That is such an idiotic label.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

The fact that YOU didn't see it doesn't mean it's not there. Time will prove me right.
I'm not out to insult anybody but nor am I interested in sugar coating my opinion which in this case is that this video shows a crazy old man rambling about something that never happened.
Just keep in mind that all this amounts to is ONE guy saying "I saw a document saying that eisenhower COULD have met with ET's" nothing more. S*** even if Somebody was to post the actual document on ATS there would still be a reasonable debate as to it's authenticity and implications yet people are crapping their pants because some poorly spoken old man claims to have seen it?
I'm sorry if it offends people but **** that, it's going to take a lot more than 'i saw/ heard this/that' stories to convince me that the govornment knows about aliens let alone that disclosure is coming.
One thing that cracks me up about ATS is all the horse **** people spout about the govornment / the man lying to us, disinformation agents and NWO plots, then one guy vaguely connected to power says that he once saw a document that suggested aliens were real and people just swallow it without question because it confirms their escapist fringe fantasies.
get a grip.

link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

Wouldn't you know it, just about the time we get disclosure and some rogue satellite's gonna disconnect us all. Figures.

www.nationalledger.com...

link   

I think you are being very unfair to DDR, I think you should read through the history of his/her posts before you pass judgement. There have been many intelligent conversations on this subject that DDR has particpated in. My post earlier basically makes the exact same claim as DDR. Even if you can prove his civil record and find testimonies to his character you will be left with nothing by heresay. If there is ever going to be true disclosure there will need to be more then Heresay, the subject is simply to important to Humanity to go on this politicians word.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger

There is reason that alien fans call themselves "believers".
They have a religious fundamentalist zealot mindset.
Sorry, but after 40 some years of ufology, nothing has changed.
I've heard ALL this stuff since the 60's, still no "disclosure".
Ain't gonna happen. No ET's visiting. Sorry.
Don't "believe" it? You will die awaiting disclosure.

When you can't attack the argument attack the person instead. Doesn't work, but it must be quite satisfying to be so popular.

-rrr

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join