It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Legislator Makes Statement May 8, 2010 on Un-Released Eisenhower Brief Regarding ET's

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger

There is reason that alien fans call themselves "believers".
They have a religious fundamentalist zealot mindset.
Sorry, but after 40 some years of ufology, nothing has changed.
I've heard ALL this stuff since the 60's, still no "disclosure".
Ain't gonna happen. No ET's visiting. Sorry.
Don't "believe" it? You will die awaiting disclosure.

There is a religious fundamentalist zealot mindset in de-bunkers too, or does that not count?

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Now all the evidence has been put on the plate and placed in the courtroom. Its appears believers have victory again..

Debunkers are no longer posting in this thread due to all the evidence provided.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by tauempire
LOL here we go again with the 'disclosure'. SIGH....you people are kind of pathetic ya know. You take every little piece of 'evidence' that is most likely a hoax and then use it to prove 'disclosure' is coming.

Just like with every other UFO hoax. i remember a few UFOs being a hoax.....but what i remember most is that the ET believers were trumpeting it as proof.

There is no getting through to these people.

Belief in ET is like a religion....just as much faith to believe in. and in some cases just as much zeal.

Nope, belief in alien life is not anything like religion, technically there's far more proof of alien life than there is of any real religious god. Actually I find it 'kind of pathetic' that you refuse to believe there could be alien life out there somewhere as it's scientifically accepted that there is more than a good chance of it.

Are there people on here who simply want to believe too much, oh yes of course there are but simply putting you hand up and saying talk to the hand really does not show much progress in the human mind.

So you happily think what you will but calling people pathetic because they believe in something really is a universal insult.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Just for the purpose of clarification:

Point 1: Not every skeptic is a "debunker" (except in instances where they can provide proof that something is or was a certain way, which is not the case here.)

Point 2: Skepticism does mean that you "do not believe" or "are not a believer," as a skeptical person can very easily be a "believer" when presented with irrefutable proof.

Point 3: As a skeptic, I do not assert for a fact that "this is not true." I merely ask for proof that it is true, and remain open-minded. In essence, skepticism is a philosophy and method of completely open-mindedness. It just asks for proof before it accepts something as fact, but it does not asserts facts of its own without having proof.

Point 4: People who do do that are not skeptics. They are pseudo-skeptics.

There is a stigma among believers against skeptics. It is both unnecessary, and the result of a gross mischaracterization of what true skepticism is and strives for in my opinion. We all want the same thing: the truth.

So with that said, I still have some questions as a skeptic. One has been answered thankfully, and I greatly appreciate the link to vote-usa.org being posted. That answers at least one of my questions:

1) Who is this man?

The answer is that he was a member of the Republican party, apparently serving in congress and/or in his state legislature.

My other questions still remain unanswered, however. For example, the links provided either primarily deal with the youtube video we've already seen, or do not show us anything about this man other than the rudiments of who he was.

2) What is this man like? I can't find his voting record, or even the dates of his tenure(s). The closest thing I could find was a mention on a message forum of him filing legislation in the New Hampshire state legislature. I don't even know if this is the same man or not, for that matter, or whether they are even related. In effect, I have been able to learn nothing about this man, his credibility, his record, etc.

3) What does he mean by "document?" Does he mean he was shown a copy of a legitimate document in an official capacity while on the committees he alludes to in his statements? Or does he mean that while serving in that capacity, he was shown alleged documents like those floating around (unconfirmed as real or hoaxes in many instances) in many books by concerned citizens or others? (He does begin by saying the electorate felt he should be privy to certain information, unless I misunderstood.) He does not clarify what he means by "document," specify the origin of this "document," or explain why he was shown this "document" in his official capacity.

4) What does he mean when he speaks of Eisenhower's optimism in his farewell address, and cites it as evidence that Eisenhower did in fact meet with benign extraterrestrial visitors? The Eisenhower farewell address was not optimistic in my opinion. In fact, it included the now famous warning regarding the Military Industrial Complex, which he characterized as "the potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power:" Military Industrial Complex Is this some kind of subtle hint by McElroy? Is he trying to say something here that he hopes people who remember this address will understand, without coming out and saying it? Does he just see the address differently than I and many others do? Even my father who was young when the address occurred recalls it as cautionary and as a warning.

I will again reiterate that I want this to be true deeply - almost desperately. (Quite the opposite of the apparent perception of skeptics.) However I must remain skeptical and therefore until these questions can be answered, this does not constitute proof by my standards.

Thanks.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Who is this guy , and can we confirm his involvement in high level government? Ok deeper questions now. I had the volume up pretty high, and aside from the sound of the breeze through the window, I also heard some very faint electronic sounds... I wonder what those were. Also, why is it that he took his time with that address? It looked like he read every word of it.
Seems to me that anything worth breaking silence for, is going to be something you dont have to recite from a page.
Whats his motivation here? Im not saying I dont believe him, or that his information is wrong, Im just saying that I would appreciate some blanks being filled if you know what I mean

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

There is reason that alien fans call themselves "believers".
They have a religious fundamentalist zealot mindset.

I don't have a religious bone in my body, you suggest I follow based upon faith and without question. I can happily confirm like my sig I question everything, that's the whole point of having a brain.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Paradigm2012

What evidence Mr Science?
In the entire existance of ufology there has not been even one even remotely conclusive piece of evidence that any "aliens' are visiting Earth!!!
If there had been you wouldn't be a "believer" would you?
EVERYONE would know wouldn't they? Oh yeah, the big conspiracy to keep it quit! Chasing your tail enternally accomplishes nothing.
Sorry, after years of being interested in UFO's, I have posativly concluded there is no "there" there!

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Stop trying to make up excuses or google something to post so you look like you know what your talking about. Truth is truth and you cannot weasle out of it no matter how many attempts you make to avoid the truth you cannot avoid it.

I notice people desperately googling something to copy and paste to attempt to disprove a positive.

The congressman said it
he does not appear to be lying

you cannot google your way out of the facts
stop hoping he is a hoax
start facing the facts

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

reply to post by Paradigm2012

What evidence Mr Science?
In the entire existance of ufology there has not been even one even remotely conclusive piece of evidence that any "aliens' are visiting Earth!!!
If there had been you wouldn't be a "believer" would you?
EVERYONE would know wouldn't they? Oh yeah, the big conspiracy to keep it quit! Chasing your tail enternally accomplishes nothing.
Sorry, after years of being interested in UFO's, I have posativly concluded there is no "there" there!

Ufos is still an important subject, and there are still many sightings,cases that are unexplained. So, can these be ET, of course they can, but until we fully understand whats flying in our air space, we will have debates like this one.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I have chills. seriously. Could this really be happening? Can we get people to listen?
I am very excited to see what may come of this.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
This guys seems genuine to me, second he never says he actually work on the eisenhower administration, he only says he saw this document (maybe years later of course when he was on office) of course been a sensitive material he couldnt take it home or make copies so what people expect?? to show you the actuall document when he can only read it and shut up???? knowing that doing that would out him a bullet or two to him and his family or making him court martial because do you think he would actually steal an important document and nobody would notice???

We ATS should investigate first on his credentials, next what time was when he saw this document (what year to compare on his career to see if indeed he was at office), I am sure this was years later after eisenhower, i will put my guess on the 70's or 80's but someone should contact him and ask them this simple questions.

Why should we believe him? if he can answer that simple questions there would be a great % that he is telling the truth, second he looks old now (70's 80's) and my guess is that if he is telling the truth its because he can no longer stay shut up and knows that he doesnt have much time here with us at that age you can die from lots of things so I assume he did this so he can pass this info before leaving us and to his family.

I think lots of people that are on the inside wants to talk about, the younger ones want but cant (they know they have great risk) this guy or people on his age doesnt care much now because he knows sooner or later nature will unfold on him and knowing this stuff he doesnt care much about the consequences now.

Hope somebody on ATS could contact him and ask some question on what year he saw this document to try to see if his genuin.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paradigm2012
Now all the evidence has been put on the plate and placed in the courtroom. Its appears believers have victory again..

Debunkers are no longer posting in this thread due to all the evidence provided.

What evidence has been provided? All that has been posted is that he is a real person. So what? That was never in question. And none of that supports his claims.

Please provide one shred of evidence supporting McElroy's claims.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Who is this guy , and can we confirm his involvement in high level government?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why does everyone seem to think being a State Legislator is some "high level' thing/
Geeez, my 5th grade science teacher was a State Senator. I'm pretty sure he didn't receive too many Top Secret briefings on an alien presence!

As usual, this YouTube video is complete nonsense! IT'S A YOUTUBE VIDEO GUYS! COME ON!

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

It is not to UFOlogy that one looks for evidence, but to the statistical likelihood of us being the only intelligent life in the universe. Most scientists would agree that statisitcaly the probability of our being the only sentient intelligent life in the universe is incredibly low.
However, there is still massive debate amongst mathematicians, scientists of all stripes, and zealots on both sides of the argument, about wether or not we have been visited.
Please do not confuse the two arguments, they are seperate , and poo pooing the mathematics of the worlds greatest minds does not make you clever, it makes you appear arrogant and ignorant of what is happening on this planet, let alone what may or may not be occuring else where in space and time.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
No evidence has ever been presented that Aliens are ------------->Not visiting Earth.

you non-believers make wild claims and accusations
---------->just show some evidence--------->that its all hoax and not true

you lack any evidence to support your wild claim

you debunkers are making so many wild claims

your wild claim is that all ET.Alien reports are false

show something anything and you will actually pull yourself out

if you accuse someone you must have some evidence

and we all know you have none

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
He's employed by his employer and performs his job to the best of his ability during his time of employment.

If he feels it important enough to come forward now with information he says is important to humanity.. where was his morals when he first came across this information way back when he was employed?

Oh right.. he needed to ensure his earthly needs were being met by being submissive and obedient and dam the rest.

I have no regards to those entering or being retired due to achieving their selfish goals and coming to light at the end to clear their conscious if they have one.

Guess... when most retire .. they realize theirs only one obligation to fill. and thats death. So they feel theirs nothing earthly or other wise to come forward when they know they will soon follow so many in the past. Only they feel they will leave a sliver of what is presently happening around us.

Sad really.. to many hide behind masks to ensure a piece of Paradise on earth only to realize it was only a grain of sand in the whole scheme of what the universe really means.

[edit on 13-5-2010 by Willbert]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Wow, this thread really hit the fan after I left last night!

I love it. The more attention it gets the better.

I have to say, I have never been more annoyed reading through a thread than I was at DoomsdayRex..

He just keeps antagonizing and asking for PROOF PROOF PROOF, EVIDENCE EVIDENCE EVIDENCE!

But, proof of what? Evidence of what?

You can't honestly be asking for Mr. McElroy to provide proof of ET's or evidence of ET's beyond what he has provided in his testimony...

Because that would be completely ignorant and completely MISS THE POINT of this thread, and this discussion.

Proof has been provided that he is who he says he is. That is all we can prove at this point.

And yet you have the nerve, the balls, to suggest this man is either not credibile, insane, etc....

Some people just piss me off when they are so closeminded and hardline gunning at peoples throats... The impression I am getting from you, Doomsday, is that you have the feeling of: PROVE TO ME THIS ISN'T REAL! I CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

The truth is not about whether ET's have visited or not(of which you seem to be asking for evidence, and proof of), but that this testimony is valid and real regardless of the truth about ET's.

Thats it. Thats all.

You are trying to make this into a debate about the whole of UFOlogy... which it is not. It is about One Man's testimony and his appeal to others that have already come forward in the subject.

-------

Now, having that off my chest(like McElroy is attempting to do) we really do need to get this to media. Later today or tomorrow when I get time, I will be emailing several media outlets and calling them to get this story on. I see no reason not to, because they can't call me crazy, only McElroy.

If they do that, then the SHTF because we all know in our guts that this man is not insane, no matter the amount of debunkers that slither so low as to suggest it.

Please, everyone that has that gut feeling, get this on the news.

Spread it not in the hopes of disclosure, but in the hopes that McElroy has, in that we will get to the bottom of it no matter what.

The truth, inevitably, will prevail.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why does everyone seem to think being a State Legislator is some "high level' thing/
Geeez, my 5th grade science teacher was a State Senator. I'm pretty sure he didn't receive too many Top Secret briefings on an alien presence!

As usual, this YouTube video is complete nonsense! IT'S A YOUTUBE VIDEO GUYS! COME ON!

Again with some of these de-bunkers. I feel delight in their words, like they are really into the de-bunking lark. Its what they love to do. But people, dont confuse these people with skeptics.

link   

Welcome to the thread well to get you started first read the posts with links to his career record in the N.H. state legislature, after that read the tons of stuff on google

that way you can get started and become updated with the facts

link   
I have found this out about MrMcelroy

www.unionlead... er.com/article.aspx?articleId=1d75de55-05d0-4397-a4b4-fbcc4af81a8d&headline=Murder+conviction+overturned

He was once removed from a jury in a murder trial, then reinstated, you get to read abit about his charactor.

The following is the decision from the Supreme court of New Hampshire:

www.courts.state.nh.us...

I dont know what relevance this has to his claims if any at all, i just thought I should add it as people seem to want to find out more about the man.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join