It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A curious Video of the 2nd Sun

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
After posting this on another thread that was talking about pictures of a send sun, I thought I would post a video that i ran across...

The video itself really makes one scratch their head, lens flare? Glare from evening sun? hmm youd think changing angle would correct this......but it didnt.

Any Ideas?

I cant say that im a person that believes all of the Nibiru stuff, but i cant say that its not possible, I suppose one would be foolish to say that certain things out of our grasp of understanding arent possible.......

Feel free to post other video sources.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Wow, what a lucky guy capturing the 2nd Sun.....

It's such a shame that none of the other 6,697,254,040 people on earth have spotted it, including several hundred or thousand amateur astronomers who can capture very close up , high quality images at this range.

What a lucky guy

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

That is awesome. I am all for two suns. Maybe that second sun is causing global warming. That seems more likely than a bunch of humans using fossil fuels and cows farting.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Luca Brasi

LMAO well if it is the second sun.......i wonder if theres a new grade of sunscreen?

Like i said, to say this could never happen would be foolish...but one should always look at the obvious explanations first

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Well as soon as Copper Tone gets wind of this there will be. Probably call it Copper Tone Squared. Then they will have a billboard with that little girl with two dogs trying to chomp on her booty.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by Luca Brasi]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Luca Brasi

That or they will call it Nibiru Bronzer, sunscreen of the Gods.........haha!

Maybe the dog will have two heads like Cerberus from greek mythos?

Wow it took me 2 posts to get off topic on my own thread.......i should get a prize for that!

[edit on 12-5-2010 by ManBehindTheMask]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

LMAO, sorry about that. Nibiru Bronzer is a great idea. Cant you just imagine a two headed demon trying to bite that little girls rear end off. That would rile up some folks.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
It looks like a reflection of the sun. The image is being shot through a window. You can see the reflection of the photographer. When the camera is moved you see the lens flare move. You also see that the reflected sun in the glass also move. You can also see an image appear on the left side of the sun at one point.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   

I would research common effects light plays on photographs and video recordings. Especially cell phones. They aren't the greatest video recorders.

I have little knowledge of such effects, but is could possibly be a lens flare like you believe.

Read into an atmospheric effect called a Sun Dog as well.

Maybe this will help relieve the puzzlement.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
It can't be a sun dog. A sun dog is 22 degrees out from the sun.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Double glazed windows produce internal reflections.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
It can't be a sun dog. A sun dog is 22 degrees out from the sun.

sun dogs only happen in very freezing temperatures. i didn't see any snow in that picture.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

That's false. Sun dogs happen all year long. My kids and I have contests seeing who can see one first. The conditions for a sun dog concern the conditions of the clouds, not the ambient temperature for the viewer.

[edit on 13-5-2010 by stereologist]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

That's false. Sun dogs happen all year long. My kids and I have contests seeing who can see one first. The conditions for a sun dog concern the conditions of the clouds, not the ambient temperature for the viewer.

[edit on 13-5-2010 by stereologist]

They can occur at any time of the year and from any place on Earth; although, they're easiest to see when the Sun is lower on the horizon. As the Sun rises, the sun dog can actually drift away from the 22° point. Eventually the Sun gets so high that the sun dog disappears entirely.

my source:sun dog

I was wrong about the only cold conditions. but it can be more easily seen in cold conditions.

[edit on 13-5-2010 by dragnet53]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

No problem. It's all about learning. I learned something important in your post. Sun dogs can drift away from the 22 degree position. Thanks for sharing.

new topics

top topics

join