It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crist officially renounces GOP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Gov. Charlie Crist personally renounced the Republican Party Wednesday, making over his voter registration to "no party affiliation" to match his remodeled U.S. Senate bid and spurning any requests from donors who want their money back.

No law requires Crist to return money to disenchanted donors, but the GOP and prominent supporters of his Republican rival, Marco Rubio, have been heckling him to do so.

Crist has $7.6 million in the bank, compared to Rubio with $3.9 million and Democratic front-runner Kendrick Meek with $3.7 million.

Source

Don't know what to make of this. Should I be happy he dumped on GOP or mad he is not returning contributions. Right thing to do IMO. But did the half term Gov. Palin return hers?
Nope.

I am sure you all will help me decide. He seems to be taking Flip-flopping to new heights lows.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

I don't see why he should return the money that was donated.
If people only donate money because he was a republican and not because of how he was planning on running things well then that's their bad move. IMO
Or is he in fact completely changing how he'll be doing business and backing out of campaign promises? Goodness knows politicians always keep their word so ... /shrug
He's still Crist, just a different tag on the ballots.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I see a politician (liar) is at it again.

To those of you that may know any contributors, you can sue this guy for your money back. You donated on a promise to a certain thing. This could be used as breach of contract.

Time to sink these politicians in their own filth.

And another incumbent bites the big snafu.

Surprised he did not switch party affiliations.

Or, he will drop out of the race and endorse the Dem.

The two headed snake is getting NERVOUS!

OP, can never give up a chance to put a dig into Palin can you?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe

I see a politician (liar) is at it again.

Yes on that we can agree.

OP, can never give up a chance to put a dig into Palin can you?

If you are going to defend her see your above quote.
Male liar, female liar. One in the same. The fact they are/were both Republicans is merely a bonus. You are big on trends, see any?

[edit on 12-5-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Hey, I did not defend her. She is leading the fake tea party.

Like I said in my first comment. Another one bites the dust.

Anti-incumbency, third party all the way!

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe

Hey, I did not defend her.

Then why would you comment that I took a "dig" at her? She bailed on her constituents/backers/supporters/donors did she not?

She is leading the fake tea party.
Oh, there is more than one?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Wow! I don’t think I have ever seen a thread go this off topic so quickly.

Anyway if people donated the money to Charlie Crist for Senator, and he is running for Senator, then he should not have to return the money.

I don’t care much for Marco Rubio, and even less for Kendrick Meek and I personally know them both. I did not like Mel Martinez or the way he ran his office, so I am glad to see him gone.

However Charlie’s sweetheart deals with U.S. Sugar, and Seminole Gaming, really show he is a class ‘A’ looser also.

Thankfully the bulk of Miamians ignore anything and everything the Government does, and hopefully one day the rest of the nation will wisely follow suit and we can get rid of the whole corrupt and perverted two party, dog and pony show system, and invent some honest and true form of democracy to run the nation.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I agree that returning a "donation" doesn't make much sense, even if the party receiving the donation doesn't do with the money what you thought they would. That's where those donating money should be held accountable - do the research on the man before you donate to see if he/she has a history of waffling on their party affiliations or actions. I don't think donors should expect their money back.

But in not returning the donations, Crist should also not be surprised if he cannot raise money the next time he runs for office, even if it is under a 'no affiliation' or third party.

new topics

top topics

join