It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Venus Transit Watchers' thread

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
What I'd like to do here is post some of the weblinks to places that are monitoring the Venus transit.

Here's the SOHO site... we may be able to get some decent pictures here as it happens (and hopefully folks will capture some of the event images.)
beauty.nascom.nasa.gov...

Anybody else? I'd like to get a collection of resources here for the event.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
This is a graphic of the path.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
You can watch it live here.

Venus Transit

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
i'll be watching the transit from the Eastern Michigan University observatory. for now though here's an article i compiled on the transit: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Here is another one

Transit 2004

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Here's the SOHO perspective on the transit.
Venus is now entering view of Lasco C3 today too.

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
The transit will not be visible to everyone.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Soho's link page:
sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

(thanks, everyone, for the good work... I'd like to keep this thread kinda bumped up for others to view today, so please link news stories and so forth here. Appreciate the help!)

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Thanks for the link to www.transit.csiro.au... Duke -- for those of you curious about the time, this Aussie site gives a countdown (11 hours to go, as I type this.) The SOHO site shows the planet creeping toward the sun's disk, but there's no estimate of time.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
In the UK, the transit begins at about 9:25am and lasts until about 11:55am GMT.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   
The following is the estimated worldwide transit times.

Transit Contact Times for Cities Around the World

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
SPACE STATION TRANSIT: Transits of Venus are rare, but this is unprecedented: The International Space Station (ISS) will cross the Sun four times during the 6-hour transit of Venus on June 8th. The double transit, Venus + the ISS, can only be seen from inside a narrow corridor about one mile wide. Four of these corridors criss-cross Europe, Africa and Asia.

www.spaceweather.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Phil Plait, the "Bad Astronomer" (yes, he's a real astronomer) will be doing quite a few tv interviews on it today:
www.badastronomy.com...

(take a look at his schedule for the interviews! Wowsers!!! He's going to be one very busy man today!)

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Another find, this one from the University of New Brunswick. Nice article on the people involved with the transit watch:
nb.cbc.ca...

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 12:35 AM
link   
NICE pictures coming in on Trondheim 1 and Trondheim 2. Most of the live feeds seem hammered by connections, but Norway's holding steady.

webcast3.uio.no...

And it's HUGE on Trondheim 2
webcast10.uio.no...

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 01:09 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Well I been up all night, not unlike any other night, but here I am and I am going to go ahead and burn my eyeballs out I reckon. No clouds yay! Here come the Sun.

Nutzo

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I'll be in meetings all day, but I'd ask folks who read this thread to post some links to pictures and clips that have been archived of this. I stayed awake until about 1 am and then went to bed (had to be at work early today.)

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Which one of the objects around the sun is Venus at this link? Is it the one at around 12 o'clock or the one at around 7 o'clock?

webcast3.uio.no...:26:04.jpg

here is the live link:
webcast3.uio.no...

NeedTruth

[edit on 8-6-2004 by NeedTruth]

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   
i didn't get any pictures of it... i only caught about the last 20 minutes of the transit, so i just wanted to enjoy it and not have to fiddle faddle with my cameras. it was amazing though, truely beautiful.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join