It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iceland: Int'l Arrest Warrant Against Top Bank Official

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Iceland: Int'l Arrest Warrant Against Top Bank Official

www.globalissues.org

The government was compelled to take over the three banks and seek an International Monetary Fund bailout as Iceland fell into a deep economic slump, triggering public outrage.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
This could be and should very well be the course of our country. However when you have a corrupt Government run by the " Federal Reserve" that has total control ; there will be no accountability or any "auditing ". I believe that the last dip in the market was a result of the 'mega banks' flexing their muscle before the senate voted on an amendment to break up the Wall Street Banking Behemoths...www.huffingtonpost.com... the same day.

www.globalissues.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Just curious...

Does anyone think the economy follows cycles such as a pendulum, where it will always have high and low points?

And at the given low points, those in charge get the flame - even if it is a natural occurrence?

It is of course a open theory that many follow.

I look at it like this. You toss a ball up it is bound to come down. The higher you throw it, the the greater the impact will be.

Economy work the same way too?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by FritosBBQTwist

The free market, when actually FREE, has an amazing ability to correct anomolies fairly quickly through supply/demand. Our markets have not been free for a long time and our money has not been 'real' since '71.

Keeping the banks regulated as per Glass-Steagal helped to keep them from completely blowing up the system. But that was removed ten years ago. Now there are $700 Trillion in derivatives that have been melting down since '08. That kind of Debt is ridiculous and cannot be stopped, only defaulted on.

So no, not the market, just greedy pigs same always.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by HimWhoHathAnEar

Let us not be naive.

A entirely free market would be horrible.

If you get a strong enough monopoly, they could literally buy up everything.

We would have trillion dollar companies that *literally* own everything.

Such as a poker game. Those with the chips can push around the little guys all they want.

I agree with your greedy pigs statement.

Do you think the economy works in cycles due to greed (aka the greedy pigs)? Or is it just a push-push relationship between supply and demand, where some push's become shoves if you understand where I am going.

Also. An economy is measured by how much it can produce. Banks and fiat money are key tools in allowing the general population to produce and produce. Like anything, greed/politics/manipulations can interfere heavily - but their base reasoning works fairly well IMO.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by FritosBBQTwist

OK, yes you make an excellent point. One of the very few roles I see for gov't is the breaking up of monopolies and enforcement of freely competitive environments. It seems to be the major oversight of the Constitution IMO.

I think there are natural cycles that are heavily skewed by greed. The goal has been for gov't to smooth those out, but as we know the opposite happened when the greed won them over as well. So at the end of the day, gov'ts fall because of it.

I think the fractional reserve system the banks are allowed to use is a bit much. Being able to multiply loans ten times is over the top IMO. The level of multiplication should be strictly tied to economic growth. Which ties in with interest rates and bank reserves which are supposed to watched over by (uh-oh) the federal reserve aka private banks!

And of course that was all done in the dark of night under Wilson. When Kennedy messed with their reserve notes we all know what happened. So Greed, Greed, Greed or human Sin. Whatever it's called, it's intrinsic and needs to be dealt with as such. The first step is to admit the problem.

new topics

top topics

join