It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abductions, could they be memories combined with adult fear and knowledge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Ok so I was up late the other night and I heard my 8 month old Daughter stirring. I was hesitant to go in so I watched her from just outside her door for a bit. She then saw me and started to cry louder. I then walked in to her dark room and went to pick her up. I picked her up and went in the other room with her. The other room was much brighter and she was struggling to be able to see. I say this because before, I was watching UFO hunters on tv. I got to thinking, Maybe some of these alien abductions are suppressed memories from childhood.

Babies do not see all that well, maybe the grays could just be parents and the children do not yet have the ability to focus their eyesight and its fuzzy to them.

Many times parents stand at the door watching their children and looking over them this could explain the white light and the beings behind the door people see.

I have had to take my daughters temperature sometimes. I have to take the temperature through her backside. This could explain the probing.

I just got to thinking that many of the experiences that people say they experience during an abduction would make since that they could be suppressed memories from early child hood mixed in with grown up fears and thoughts during deep or not so deep sleep.

I am not saying that these abductions are not real or that they are. I am just throwing out there that our mind is powerful and maybe that we have these memories floating around and that maybe they manifest themselves in different ways for different people.

Now the things implanted in people I got nothing to explain that. Ha ha.....

So what do you think. Go easy on my its my first thread........

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Your theory might be correct in some cases. There are people who think that alien abductions are repressed memories of childhood sex abuse and stuff like that. Some of them might be correct. But that leaves a lot of others unexplained. How do we explain two or more people experiencing the same thing together, maybe not from their beds but being taken from their cars going home from a night out or whatever?

I get what you're saying though. As someone who experienced balls of light in my room as a child I was very aware of what my own kids were seeing when they woke up crying or with a fever. I've seen them recoil in terror at some (unseen by me) thing that terrified them. One night in particular my youngest son woke with a temperature, not crying but in a happy mood. He questioned why the ceiling was a mess with cars "all over the place". And he sat with interest and watched the witch with the pointy stick, and the little men outside who were cleaning our windows with their pointy things. All stuff that was waking up my own imagination and I'm thinking "ooh, aliens have pointy things too, WEIRD!"

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

I get what your saying about two or more people or people being taken from there cars. I am just saying like you said about your kids, I see now how things through the eyes of a child are much different. Some times better but sometimes worse !

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I think this is a very interesting theory. Now i come to think of it there are some stark similaritys. I too have watched my son from the door way at night only illuminated by the landing light. It is'nt too far a stretch for a baby to see just a rough outline, maybe just the main features like the eyes. Which would look pretty spooky and alien. When looked at from an adult perspective. So maybe they just dont understand where these memorys come from and form there own conclusions. This could certainly be true in some cases.

I know people can suppress memorys but i have no idea from what age. The earliest memory i have is from four years old, but maybe i hold a lot more from further back.

Along a similar line. What if people who have near death experiences and see the light at the end of the tunnle are reffering to there birth. I dont want to go in to detail but i know you'll see my point.

Very interesting.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrypticCriminal

Along a similar line. What if people who have near death experiences and see the light at the end of the tunnle are reffering to there birth. I dont want to go in to detail but i know you'll see my point.

Very interesting.

Thats not a stretch. Same kind of thought!! Good stuff

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Or alien abduction is one giant crazy induced psychosis by various mental diseases.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

I think this is true in some cases. People who feel lonely or disassociated with the world can take solice in many a fantasy.

There's plenty of proof for genuine abduction cases though. A lot of people dont even know they've been abducted untill hypnotherapy reveals it. Then they find implants etc where they've been operated on and it go's from there. There are also a lot of similaritys in storys from people who dont know each other and live in seperate parts of the world.

So i would'nt discount it out of hand butr im sure theres perfectly reasonable explanations for a lot of cases.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by KrypticCriminal

I agree completely with you on the statement that it is something that explains away some of these accounts. This will by simple deduction make the actual case number low and this could give a more accurate account to how many people are really going through this strange happening.......

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by KrypticCriminal

Hypnotherapy is not valid. It is putting memories into peoples brains that never happened. Look up false memories.

top topics

join