It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So how tight is Airport security these days?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I wonder what this guy's agenda was...as he had enough weaponry to do some serious damage. As an avid traveler, I dislike long security lines, as well as unnecessary searches, but I do agree that there are some cases where some people need to have that extra search. I'm not to keen on the idea of giving up my freedom in order to be free...if that makes any sense. But then again...I ask myself, what is freedom? But as we all know...that's another topic for discussion. Regardless, take a look at this article...it's pretty interesting. Would love to see what ATS thinks...

Man Flies From JFK With Two Guns, Several Swords, Daggers And Knives In His Luggage

CAIRO — Police detained an American-Egyptian man who arrived in Cairo on a flight from New York with firearms in his luggage, airport officials said Wednesday.

The officials said the man was taken into custody as he tried to pass through customs with a metal box containing two 9 mm handguns, 250 bullets, several swords, daggers and knives.

The box had been checked and the contents were discovered during a routine inspection upon arrival on an Egypt Air flight from New York's JFK International Airport in Cairo, according to the officials. They said customs inspectors were then alerted and the man was detained.

He was only identified as a botany teacher.

The U.S. Transportation Security Administration confirmed the man had two firearms in the suitcase and ammunition.

The agency said in a statement Wednesday that transporting firearms in checked baggage within the U.S. is permitted if declared to the airline, but noted that other countries have different laws on the transportation and possession of firearms.

A police official confirmed the man was questioned by agents of the State Security Apparatus and the case had been turned over to prosecutors for further investigation.

All officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they are not authorized to speak to reporters.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Why would this man, a teacher no less, need all those weapons for?

does he think he's entering the wild west?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by lilstu21

I was thinking the exact same thing; VERBATIM! They stated in the article that he's a botany teacher. Why on earth would a botanist need all that weaponry? Maybe he had an vendetta or maybe he's an under cover Jason Bourne. Honestly, I'll go with option A, because Jason Bourne wouldn't have gotten caught....wait! Unless he wanted to get caught! Hmmmmm

join