It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have aliens hijacked Voyager 2 spacecraft

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Since Voyager was launched in 1977, a modern day IPod Touch should be
sophisticated enough to decipher what's coming back. All that's needed
is a 99cent app / WEP Key / and the correct frequency for signal
interception?

With NASA's shoestring budget for the Voyager, they're probably still using
the old 1970's hardware/software that was committed to this project.

-cwm

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by carewemust

I totally agree with you, but you know, when you're the NASA it's better to do top secret operations and weapons for space than decipher a simple message... And when all you money is gone in top secret operations you even don't have a cent to buy an Iphone app !

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Terviseks

NASA could be overlooking something big by not bothering to decipher
the message. It could be something as simple as "Warning! Your World
Will Be Destroyed in 2012." NASA could get credit for letting us know
officially that the end is near. Then they could gloat over their
achievement the next 2 years!

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by prettygreeneyes26

Nasa sent a message lying about coming in peace etc.... I am certain that even the dumbest of aliens would recognize that any messages coming from 'us' is rife with deception and lies.

I hope they act accordingly.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ickylevel

Early to mid 60's. The original Star Trek. The Starship Enterprise welcomes aboard the first Voyager. It calls itself V Ger. V Ger V Ger!
It devloped it's own self-awareness during it's long time traveling through the galaxy, with no guidance from Earth.

I recall it demanded of Lt. Uhuru, "Tell me about muuuusic!"

There's no telling what can become of expeditions into space. Once the launchers and creators can no longer send directions to machines, they will just go on and on, until, well, something could happen. It's not like we know what is out there. Hence, we send probes to record what they discover.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by carewemust

My previous post was totally ironic !
I don't think the Bigs (NSA, CIA, NASA, USAF...) are willing to share their knoweldge... (All their knowledge, not just some old techs) !

Let's imagine what we can do if we all have a Quantum-dishwasher or ZPE (Zero Point Energy) in our houses...

If they don't want to share this signal, it's because the message is important !

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
One would think if the official explanation of a "flipped bit" is true, then like others have stated the problem should've been immediately solved. How much computing power could be in that thing?

And if it is an easily solved problem, why is it even news? Who "broke" this story and why? To keep the Voyager program in the nation's mindset?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

By reprogramming the computer into a different computer language and

format the aliens are showing their superior intelligence and saying to

us figure it out if you can. ^Y^

[edit on 12-5-2010 by amari]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124
reply to post by Pixus

Is anyone else annoyed that it's just NASA that gets first access to data coming from these probes?

No, would you prefer somebody else to read your emails or text messages before you on the basis that aliens might have tapped into your inbox and left you a note?

Surely data which is important to the human race as a whole should be immediatley accessible by anyone with the means to receive and decode it?

Nobody credible is saying that this garbled signal is at all important to the human race.

What? Someone read our emails? I think you just helped him make an indirect point. The problem is that you view Nasa as the entity called Nasa instead of the American space program called Nasa.

I'm glad that you think that Nasa can keep things secret. I deduct points from you, seriously.

It doesn't matter if someone credible says it's important, and besides, wouldn't it be best if you had more than just a handful of people trying to decode it?

Here it goes, conspiracy #1. Nasa will release the file when they figure out how to come up with a good story and change the data.

Thanks

[edit on 12-5-2010 by Dwellewd]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by kyred

The first Star Trek Movie, circa 1979, featured the craft you referred to.
It was a born-again Voyager that renamed itself VEGA.

en.wikipedia.org...:_The_Motion_Picture

The original Star Trek TV series had an episode featuring an earth-
launched probe named NOMAD. It was the one that drained Uhura's
brain after she finished singing the song "Where My Heart Is", because
it wanted to know about music.

en.wikipedia.org...:_The_Original_Series%29

-cwm

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
omg now they have alien problems all the way out there?

It's just a code in spanish

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
It's just a Windows Blue Screen Of Death. I registered just to post this.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisBenoit

Originally posted by Pixus
Is anyone else annoyed that it's just NASA that gets first access to data coming from these probes? Surely data which is important to the human race as a whole should be immediatley accessible by anyone with the means to receive and decode it?

Is it actually possible to intercept data coming from the various probes we have out there? Or would that be considered a "risk to national security"?

Also, first post.

When I buy milk from the store, generally I get the first glass.
I don't offer it to some stranger on the street, because after all, I paid for that milk.

It's their probe, the information they receive back from it, however flawed or "Critical" it may be, is still there's to study first.

Whatever they choose to do with it after that is their discretion.

you gotta be kidding me man. I dont mean to be rude but cmon now... WE the TAX PAYERS pay for NASA. Its actual our "milk" more so than NASA's. We are paying for their payroll and their employees.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Im sure we have ways of deciphering the message. I mean, if they dont want to let the public know about ET and UFOs, why would they tell us that they can decipher an Alien message? So they'll play dumb, like they have with the whole ET/UFO conspiracy all along.

They can decipher it IMO - The same way they know the existence of ET and Alien craft in our skies. They just arent gonna let us have disclosure on the subject.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by -Blackout-]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Ok some one mentioned they read your emails. Humm.

The NSA run a program called Echelon and that reads all emails listens to all phone conversations and any other electronic communication outside the USA world wide.

Apparently they are not supposed to read inside the USA because of your construction. HUUMM.

What is more it doesn’t matter if it is encoded they can decrypt it. So you can bet your little booties that NAS have it right now.

Will we ever know what it says in the event that it is not just a garbled message, good question and that depends if they want us to or not.

Could it be the for runner of disclosure, that depends if ET is on the way and is going to do that anyway.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by MAC269]

[edit on 12-5-2010 by MAC269]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I don't know if someone has already said it or not but this is a simple story with an alien spin on it. The voyager 2 is malfunctioning by either not encrypting it correctly or it's getting scrambled during the send. Nothing secret or alien here, yet anyways.

Now if they find some sort of intelligent message I'll be interested.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Ok guys ...Lets be real here...

First I want to say thank you for giving me this chance to talk

I believe this could be something called ....A discontinued problem of space exploration of old days/ old ways

This is not just a robot/United states toy in space....Its a issue concerning the space between the united states and whatever is out there. ?

so before I start to speak ..Does anyone want a glass of water? well I do . I will be back in 3 minutes.

Ok I am back .

The world of Nasa is the world of the united states exploration of space therefore its there job to discover anything that is there ? Am I correct ? If I am not then please the time is now to say so, Bottom line And I will make this story sort of short ,I know a lot of people are tired of me talking but they placed the Murmurs of Earth in the Voyager therefore it was a message or a story of earth . It was something to send if it ET beings have found Voyager 2 and have been looking at the object . they may be calling us . ...Ok I am done . thank you for your time . and I have had a wonderfull time tonight .

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
My two cents here: It isn't anything trying to communicate back to Earth unless it's "known" code, or it's been proven it's heading back here.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Seeing just how vast space is we must keep in mind that Voyager is very very close to us when we look at this in space terms . If an alien race was able to get to and find Voyager then we would only be a hop and a skip away . They , the aliens , would see Earth long before they noticed Voyager and assuming they , the aliens . wanted to get in touch with us they would simply pop into orbit and tweak an orbiting satellite . They would not fly light years to simply stop at our relative door step to pick a needle out of a hay stack .

None the less its a very interesting find and thanks for posting

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
If it has happened 1st time in 33yrs, then its quite significant.
But soo many replies on here are what we pilots call ILS approaches. Going on and on hoping something will happen? If one should expect that, then he is stupid.
Nasa i hope will not attempt to cover this up like opening some doors while the door tries to close by itself.
I think imo its a hijacking all right.
And no more ILS approaches please. Send an email or call Nasa up

Cheers

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join