It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have aliens hijacked Voyager 2 spacecraft

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

"Alien expert"...LOL..wow...where did he get this status? Joke.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Is anyone else annoyed that it's just NASA that gets first access to data coming from these probes? Surely data which is important to the human race as a whole should be immediatley accessible by anyone with the means to receive and decode it?

Is it actually possible to intercept data coming from the various probes we have out there? Or would that be considered a "risk to national security"?

Also, first post.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
translate.google.co.uk...://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hartwig_Hausdorf&ei=1FTrS-apJouy0gSfhKGEAw&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=res ult&resnum=11&ved=0CEMQ7gEwCg&prev=/search%3Fq%3DHartwig%2BHausdorf%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3DwRi%26sa%3DG%26rls%3Dorg.mozill a:en-GB
fficial%26channel%3Ds%26prmd%3Div

Hartwig Hausdorf is a German author , to the para-scientific subject.

After a job at a travel agency with a focus on East Asia and China , he now runs a travel agency and organizes group tours.

Some of his books:

The white pyramid: extraterrestrial traces in East Asia.Satellites of the gods in China's forbidden zones (with Peter Krassa ). 1995. 1995th
If God play gods: our evolution came from space, the creation was programmed.
UFO Encounters of the deadly kind: contaminated and burned witnesses; death flights of pilots, and the cruel attacks of the aliens.

Not exactly well known for radio astrophysics, astrobiology, or astronomy, or even Physics.

I think we can safely say that it's a sensationalist make-belief story, and the Voyager 2 satellite most likely broke down due to interstellar winds.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pixus
Is anyone else annoyed that it's just NASA that gets first access to data coming from these probes? Surely data which is important to the human race as a whole should be immediatley accessible by anyone with the means to receive and decode it?

Is it actually possible to intercept data coming from the various probes we have out there? Or would that be considered a "risk to national security"?

Also, first post.

Great first post. Yeah, what make them privy to this info, after all, we all pay for it.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pixus

Also, first post.

When I buy milk from the store, generally I get the first glass.
I don't offer it to some stranger on the street, because after all, I paid for that milk.

It's their probe, the information they receive back from it, however flawed or "Critical" it may be, is still there's to study first.

Whatever they choose to do with it after that is their discretion.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Pixus

Is anyone else annoyed that it's just NASA that gets first access to data coming from these probes?

No, would you prefer somebody else to read your emails or text messages before you on the basis that aliens might have tapped into your inbox and left you a note?

Surely data which is important to the human race as a whole should be immediatley accessible by anyone with the means to receive and decode it?

Nobody credible is saying that this garbled signal is at all important to the human race.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

Secrecy is always linked to corruption. WTF. This whole site is based on the theory that the gov. has been hiding the fact that aliens exist.

You have some sort of agenda?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
The Aleins could have sent a decoding device to make it stop producing any uncommunicated . Has anyone got a map of the solar system ?

[edit on 12-5-2010 by AndersonLee]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Regardless of the credibility, or apparent lack of, concerning this story, I still very much hope it IS an alien software hijacking-rewriting. It would be a great example of what the Highest Power (at least in THIS solar system) would do: Commence BIG ego check upon the too arrogant, not to mention violent, species. One can hope, anyway.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I remember seeing an article about the problems with the Voyager 2 probe- I never thought of something like this. Could very well be possible though. It's going to be funny when they show up in 33 years asking us to clean up after our stray probes; Gotta keep the galaxy clean, after all!

[edit on 12-5-2010 by FTD Brat]

+2 more 
posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
NASA should upload the raw data sent back from Voyager to the internet, rename it (Iron Man 2 DVD-RIP 2010)...

My guess is that it would be decoded within a few hours!

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Niccawhois

Hah! Hours? Maybe 15 minutes!

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

obviously you being logical and rational instantly shows proof you are a disinfo agent!

What would your mother say?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Hello,
Steven Hawking came out of the alien closet, and said we should fear any contact.

I've heard how a false-flag OP could be a possible alien invasion hoax, yeah, something along those lines.

Anyhow, maybe the agenda is going according to plan...

The encoded blah will get deciphered and it will read; Greetings, We Own You, it's time to pay the piper!!!

But, ofcourse the real message will read the same, only it will be addressing the Devils cohorts, AKA the "elite." Anybody who puts a price on anything, so that his brother can't partake of what should be free for all.

There's my two-cents

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by loveguy

I've heard how a false-flag OP could be a possible alien invasion hoax, yeah, something along those lines.

Anyhow, maybe the agenda is going according to plan...

Take note, the Voyager was launched in 1977. 33 years ago.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisBenoit

When I buy milk from the store, generally I get the first glass.
I don't offer it to some stranger on the street, because after all, I paid for that milk.

It's their probe, the information they receive back from it, however flawed or "Critical" it may be, is still there's to study first.

Whatever they choose to do with it after that is their discretion.

Good point. However, taxpayers fund NASA so I believe they have the right of direct access to all data they receive as it arrives.

Originally posted by john124
No, would you prefer somebody else to read your emails or text messages before you on the basis that aliens might have tapped into your inbox and left you a note?

Nobody credible is saying that this garbled signal is at all important to the human race.

I believe all scientific data we receive to be important to our entire race, corrupted data or otherwise.

The main reason I dislike NASA having sole access to the data, is that they have the chance to cover-up anything they think we're not ready to see yet. They've been shown time and time again to butcher data before the public gets to see it (specifically blurring parts of images of the moon) and afterwards claiming that they did it because of "national security".

They're like a filter between us and the truth. That is why I (and many others, I'm sure) would like to see this garbled data for ourselves.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
BLAH. I'm getting a little aggravated with all this alien hype to amount to nothing (pardon negativity).
It would be LOVELY to find out extraterrestrials are messing with the signals. But really, the V2 is 33 years old! I'm surprised it is still sending signals in the first place..especially that far out.

It's interesting watching how second sources twist things and make them seem uber exciting. "Alien Expert" lol. This guy must have hands on experience with these beings! Also, what is up with this line? :

"The best scientific minds have so far not been able to decipher the strange information – is it a secret message?"

...And these "best scientific minds" are...?

Anyway. As Jodi Foster said in the beautiful film (by Carl Sagan

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I'm not going to bother getting excited over this. I can see it now "It was a glitch. sorry for the hype."
Yuuuup. I doubt they'll say, "It's aliens contacting us!"

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Octixon

you just beat me off the line. The simplest solution is normally the right one. It IS 30 odd years old. Its low tech, and has most probably been majorly battered on its long voyage.

Just wait for the the results... if they're ever released

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Very Cool! I'm a musician and when I found out that 2 of the songs on that gold disc were "Killing Floor" by Skip James and "Soul of a Man" by Blind Willie Johnson I learned them. If the aliens decide to come here, I'm gonna pick up my 6 string and wail away those 2 songs until the cows come home!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join