It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have aliens hijacked Voyager 2 spacecraft

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
So aliens opened up the satellite's internal computer, reverse engineered the hardware, magically turned machine code into readable code, reverse engineered the readable software code, and then made changes and reprogrammed the software code, recompiled the software code, and uploaded it back onto the satellite's memory, and then rebooted the satellite's system to take effect, and then told it to send messages in an unknown format with information we couldn't understand??

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

[edit on 12-5-2010 by Motorhead]

[edit on 12-5-2010 by Motorhead]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

en.wikipedia.org...
hope this helps

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

yes and knew how to engineer themselves in like an episode of LOST have a cuppa, tune in and leave the building, they're probably round the corner now.....

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
guys this is nothing I think

Engineers have shifted NASA's Voyager 2 spacecraft into a mode that transmits only spacecraft health and status data while they diagnose an unexpected change in the pattern of returning data. Preliminary engineering data received on May 1 show the spacecraft is basically healthy, and that the source of the issue is the flight data system, which is responsible for formatting the data to send back to Earth. The change in the data return pattern has prevented mission managers from decoding science data.
www.jpl.nasa.gov...

It is just the pattern of returning data it always sends back....

It takes nearly 13 hours for signals to reach the spacecraft and nearly 13 hours for signals to come down to NASA's Deep Space Network on Earth.

Okay so this is very Recent News

I dont think this is what we think it is
It may just be a glitch

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

That purty much sums it up.

But I still think its just corrupted data.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
There was a guy here awhile back who told this big long story that everyone flamed him for because he kept dragging it out.
It was about how him and his buddy found some weird signal in some code and they worked for Nasa or something.
It sounds like what he was kinda saying.
Someone else has to look it up....I am watching the game and had a few brews.
Just saying.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
reply to post by Afterthought

The government should know more then the public. Who knows maybe they already alien life exist and we're trying to reach them, live.

No, the government should be absolutely transparent in order to prevent corruption and enforce proper limits and controls. The present situation simply produces two class types, the corrupt "entitled" and the disenfranchised.

As far as alien life, it's already here, just look at Obama and its past in detail. I'm not sure it's an alien however, it could be a cross cloned meat puppet or zombie woof. In any event it ain't human and it isn't working for the US, so maybe the invasion already started and we missed it?

I need a triple rye and coke to wash down that last bottled water.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
This is very interesting indeed. We will just have to wait and see if the media covers it or if NASA makes up some excuse to cover up what is really going on.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by tokyodynamite]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

He's moved his stuff to a very interesting blog. He was talking about data he and his friend were analyzing from the Spirit Rover on Mars.

It's fascinating reading, at the very least. True or not? I don't know, but worth while reading.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Guys

THIS IS A HOAX

See my prior comments

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
its just a darn error
we know that right

and that the media just wanted your attention to make a selling article tomorrow

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
what i find interesting about this is that this started happening on April 22. Wasnt this around when all those scientists started talking about alien life?

"The first changes in the return of data packets from Voyager 2, which is near the edge of our solar system, appeared on April 22."

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

You know it seems like ET's/aliens/whatever are getting a lot of much needed attention in the media all around the world.

It's very possible this is all being setup to get us in the right place for proper disclosure. Since the government thinks people will start rioting and killing people if they found out ET's were real, and possibly walking by us each day (who knows?), this may be their way of building up to disclosure.

Think about it... if slowly the MSM releases tidbits of information about ET's, as in things like the OP (signals coming to use we can't decode), and they keep at it giving more info over time, I could see the government thinking that would condition the masses enough to accept the truth when it's finally told.

As much as I would like to hear the president admit there are extraterrestrial life forms that we are in contact with, I really don't need him too do so. I know that they're real, just as much as a lot of you are certain.

One day, most likely in our lifetimes, we will look back and laugh at how stupid & oblivious people were to all the info/proof that there are aliens and they have visited us - and there's probably much more too it than that, but I can't say much more without speculating for the most part. But I'm sure you all get what I'm trying to say.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE
So aliens opened up the satellite's internal computer, reverse engineered the hardware, magically turned machine code into readable code, reverse engineered the readable software code, and then made changes and reprogrammed the software code, recompiled the software code, and uploaded it back onto the satellite's memory, and then rebooted the satellite's system to take effect, and then told it to send messages in an unknown format with information we couldn't understand??

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by eightonefive

I realize it was the best long term media that we had at the time. I did take a class in Astronomy at the University of Tennessee which was taught by a professor that part of the project. Just I always thought it was a bit presumptuous that anything that found the probe would be able to figure out how to play the record.

There are several writing examples of ancient languages here on Earth that we have not been able to translate. To me it seemed like a wild idea handing something to someone that may have no concept of the idea and expecting them to figure it out. Like handing a Xbox to a group that has never played video games. They would have to develop a power source and video output to begin to figure it out.

Even if they did figure out how to play the record, doesn't mean they would figure out the meaning behind it of the different sounds and languages on Earth as significant enough to find us. Or maybe they will and hand out their version of an iPod because they pity our fidelity in playback.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Guys

THIS IS A HOAX

See my prior comments

I find it interesting that the 'corrupted data' was express as an "unknown format." Format suggests a pattern, and unknown format suggests a pattern or sequence of data initialization that we humans don't recognize.

As others have expressed here, I wish we had access to this return signal. Maybe the brightest scientific minds have no idea, but perhaps their paradigms of signal analysis handicap them also. Who knows?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Guys

THIS IS A HOAX

See my prior comments

You could be a disinfo agent.

This might be real.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Maybe the interstellar cloud Voyager II just passed through messed with some equipment..

Ya' Know something that shouldn't exist can do that to ya.

S&F

[edit on 12-5-2010 by spmc215]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I was just speaking about Voyager 2 recently to some sci fi buddies about how cool it would be as soon as the probe nears the heliosphere it will get picked up.

Coolness meter just went to 11/10. I seriously hope this is it..any more media reporting this? would make a welcome change from the constant Oil Spill,Iran vs Israel and Con-Lib government.

Sounds a lot like Contact..which is NOT a bad thing..

I want more info.. good to hear this came from NASA themselves... question is would they tell the world if it's a message not from Earth?

maybe it goes along the lines of this...

"Greetings earthlings, our scout ship picked up your primitive probe as we entered this system..it was quite fortunate to find life here as we were about to condemn the Solarian arm. I am Zorbol, Emperor of the Falaki Federation and i wish to extend my warmest welcome to Earth, if it is possible i would very much like to personally come to Earth and hold talks with your curious people..i will broadcast this message once every hour for the next human decade"

Argh i am rambling goodnight ATS...may full disclosure come soon.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join