It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Looking people in the eyes.

page: 4
8
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa
 


Actually, it doesn't. Like I said, pathogens and toxins can be carried via the placenta to the fetus. Another thing to consider is that gene's simply don't work in a vacuum. Even if you inherited certain genes which predisposed you for a high probability of forming Asperger's, there's always an environmental trigger to start it off.

[edit on 13-5-2010 by unityemissions]




posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ReelView
 


very true reelview, shyness is a sign of true positive ones that feel very unsecure with negative existence which is clearly the set of themselves existence
they are the superior ones and i saw it clearly as proof my whole life

evil eye as you suggest it is any eye meaning being above you, because for positive ones they are of positive truth not of being ones, they are of positive realisations they do or positive result they sense living
so they loose their geniun balance when they witness how anyone can pretend being superior by doing nothing else then repeating being one force and confirming tht power pretenses by killing anything positive around

it is a proof how the concept of god is wrong, so it must be evil god

any dimension out of this one should interfer only to condition what is wrong and never to give rewards or enslave what is right

what is right is to be the living ground one reality as its positive truth



posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Personally, looking someone in the eyes unnerves me, then again I'm not a people person.



posted on May, 13 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SolarE-Souljah
Eye contact is one of the biggest forms of communications there is. With no words spoken, once glance can tell us all there is to know.

I agree eyes can definitely send out all types of vibes. Not just good and bad, but everything in between.

One can have an entire verbal chat with someone, but the things I always remember from these verbalizations is the times I made eye contact with the person during the conversation. Think about that and see if you have similar experiences.


I do. However, I think that Eyes contain information that should be kept sacred and given to only those who are respectful enough to receive it.

I'm finding it difficult to look passerby's in the eye, mainly because I view it as an opening of my sacred spirit.

I mean, imagine the days of old, where people attuned with the human spirits, walked among the citizens and knowing of their strengths and weaknesses. While they mill about unaware that you are seeing their souls.

I think that the Act of avoiding contact is suspect indeed. But if one simply has no inner struggle with keeping their eyes from yours...why suspect their honesty.

In retrospect, it could be taken as a sign of disrespect, to force or obligate others to reveal their inner selves to you. Especially if it is just to talk about mediocre things.



posted on May, 13 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I had to be taught eye contact as a child during speech therapy for stuttering. I still tend to look slightly to the left when talking to someone. Enough to see their eyes, enough to look like contact, but not direct. Autism in our family is definitely genetic and many of us have "tendencies" related to it. Get me ticked off though, and you'll get my "mom" direct stare!


My son is high functioning autistic and we're lucky if we can just get him to face in our direction when talking!
I heard one severely autistic person explain it as "I can look at you or I can listen to you, I can't do both".

Another friend who has Aspergers mentioned that he had a hard time managing eye contact properly. If you don't make eye contact you're seen as weak. If you stare too long or too intently you're seen as nuts or overbearing. He actually had to time how long to retain eye contact to not make the other person uncomfortable.



posted on May, 13 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
How many men have spent more time looking at the opposite sexes ass,than their other two eyes?
It all depends what you are searching for.
Love can be found shining in womens eyes from fifty yards if you are looking to see it, black hate can be seen if you are looking for it.
Bodies are an illusion so are eyes.
Everything is a continually reflecting mirror, the source our spirits who ar all joined inside.
Yes we are all in a play but we can only see it whilst we are alive on rthe outside ie born.
Try just wishing for love and only seeing love watch the eyes of everyone be sparkling orbs of light.



posted on May, 13 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AProphet1233
 


yes i got your thought, the sense there is equality of powerful livings, powers are confused with freedom sense so they play the roles of free livings that respect each others space freedom and deal from their respective grounds life correctly

then looking in the eyes mean not above nor down, just straight meaning equality
which proove how i am right about what i said on the issue, it is obvious that we are over those sketchs to proove being equal and living free



posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Looking in the eyes, not looking in the eyes, in aither case it's what your thinking that matters. I do both though mostly look at other stuff other then people, sometimes though you meet some people that take it to serious like there presenting a first impression of themselves by rigid thought. Usually I try to not make to much eye contact least I burst out laughing, such people are sensitive might hurt there feelings. And not looking in the eyes does not equate to being up to mischief, or if it is so, it's a person with life issues. But the real trouble makers will always look you in the eye when there lying, and they will believe there lies as truth as well.



posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Visitor2012
 


hmm interesting thought...
In my opinion I feel looking into peoples eyes for me helps to tell if they are telling the truth or not.

I do agree that many people in this world are very very negative and in my opinion seem to want to bring everyone down there there level of a negative life. "Misery loves company" right?





[edit on 13-5-2010 by Trudge]



posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
the eyes are the windows to the soul.

You can only look into a person's eyes when you realize that you and them are the same.



posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
i agree and believe looking into another persons eyes is a form of communication, and of course it can be neg. and pos. Ive had times where me and another person were about to engage in a fight and just by staring into their eyes intensely i was able to "get inside" you could say, puting fear into them. of course theres people that will say its just adrenalin and energy between the both before a fight.



posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
People are bringing up very good points.

Eye contact goes hand in hand with facial expressions in my opinion and yes, too much eye contact can tend to be a little weird. I just now remembered a couple examples of this.

Also, it is possible to have an engaging conversation without making eye contact. I can think many a times I've had good conversations with the person in my passenger seat as I focused on driving.



posted on May, 14 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Visitor2012
 


I haven't read through the entire thread, but my interest was peaked by the OP. I have trouble with my eyes in this way. Very few people I have met can look me in the eyes, for some strange reason. Little kids have no problem at all, but adults have a real problem. My ex wife, whom I was with for 29 years, was never able to look into my eyes for more that a few seconds. She said it made her feel "weird." Others have told me this too. Some like to look into my eyes, my current wife does this all the time. My own kids can look into my eyes, as can my two step sons, and little kids love me. the stare, and sometimes raise a hand in recognition, but their parents look for a few seconds, then quickly look away, as though something has scared them. I have great big brown eyes, and am not evil or anything like that. but I do have the ability to look deeper into a person that most can, and I can "feel" emotions coming from a person, and can tell what mood a person happens to be in at the moment. When a person lies to me, I know it is a lie, as I know when a truth is told me. I fear nothing, perhaps that is it. Curious, in any respect.



posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa

Originally posted by unityemissions
reply to post by Kailassa
 


I've heard the neanderthal theory, and thought it was pretty cool for a little while. I now point asperger's to things like toxins and pathogens interacting with our genetic makeup.


The distribution of Asperger's in the >100 people in my extended family indicate it was inherited from a particular ancestor and passed down genetically.



However that does not prove Asperger's is always genetic. Perhaps, like cancer, it is also caused by environmental factors, injury or pathogens.


It is pased down genetically nothing to do with enviromental factors or injury. Its genetic.



posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
I haven't read through the entire thread, but my interest was peaked by the OP. I have trouble with my eyes in this way. Very few people I have met can look me in the eyes, for some strange reason. Little kids have no problem at all, but adults have a real problem. My ex wife, whom I was with for 29 years, was never able to look into my eyes for more that a few seconds. She said it made her feel "weird." Others have told me this too. Some like to look into my eyes, my current wife does this all the time. My own kids can look into my eyes, as can my two step sons, and little kids love me. the stare, and sometimes raise a hand in recognition, but their parents look for a few seconds, then quickly look away, as though something has scared them. I have great big brown eyes, and am not evil or anything like that. but I do have the ability to look deeper into a person that most can, and I can "feel" emotions coming from a person, and can tell what mood a person happens to be in at the moment. When a person lies to me, I know it is a lie, as I know when a truth is told me. I fear nothing, perhaps that is it. Curious, in any respect.


That is rather interesting. I have experienced similar sensations myself. When I am out, I notice small children looking into my eyes for no apparent reason. This also happens often after somebody near me looks at them and smiles or waves. They smile/wave back at the other person, then look at me with a blank stare. (Maybe they think I am an outsider of sorts?)

With teenagers and adults, I almost always find they are the ones to look away first. I don't know why this seems to be the case...maybe it's just in my head.

Nevertheless, I would really like to have a stare-down with you some day


[edit on 14/5/2010 by Dark Ghost]



posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by anonymousproxy

Originally posted by Kailassa

Originally posted by unityemissions
reply to post by Kailassa
 


I've heard the neanderthal theory, and thought it was pretty cool for a little while. I now point asperger's to things like toxins and pathogens interacting with our genetic makeup.


The distribution of Asperger's in the >100 people in my extended family indicate it was inherited from a particular ancestor and passed down genetically.



However that does not prove Asperger's is always genetic. Perhaps, like cancer, it is also caused by environmental factors, injury or pathogens.


It is pased down genetically nothing to do with enviromental factors or injury. Its genetic.


You are entirely misinformed. Please do some research into this before commenting. Genes give us possibilities, but they are realized through environmental triggers, ALWAYS. Saying something is simply genetic is a cop out, period. It's what lazy doctors tend to say when they really haven't a clue what's going on.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by unityemissions]



posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
You better believe the "evil eye" is real. I've been experiencing it first hand for the past 6 months at my work place. I have a co-worker that I used to be good friends with until we had a fallout half a year ago.

He's one of those people that feels he's superior and better than everyone else. So when we had a little fight he took it hard and stopped talking to me. Most people would've brushed it off. A few weeks pass and I give up trying to reconcile with him. So I completely sever our connection and stop talking to him as well.

From then on, whenever I was around him, I could feel a vibe of intense anger. He would stare me down anytime he walked towards my desk. I wouldn't look at him, but as he was coming in my acute peripheral vision I could feel intense negative energy as he looked at me. It was so bad at times that I would literally shiver in fright. Other times I would sweat and get hot flashes. I felt so stressed during that 6 month period. My blood pressure and glucose levels drastically increased. I had less and less energy, feeling sluggish and tired all the time. It felt like I was cursed. I knew it was him. It was his eyes. They emitted such terrifying power.

Just this past week he moved to a new office location so I no longer see him, and you guessed it, my symptoms have vanished. Just like that my aches and fatigue were gone. There's something mystical and powerful about our eyes. I don't think modern science has us figured out as much as they think. Well anyway that was my living hell for the past 6 months. It feels really good to get it out and tell someone.



posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by genma
You better believe the "evil eye" is real. I've been experiencing it first hand for the past 6 months at my work place. I have a co-worker that I used to be good friends with until we had a fallout half a year ago.

He's one of those people that feels he's superior and better than everyone else. So when we had a little fight he took it hard and stopped talking to me. Most people would've brushed it off. A few weeks pass and I give up trying to reconcile with him. So I completely sever our connection and stop talking to him as well.

From then on, whenever I was around him, I could feel a vibe of intense anger. He would stare me down anytime he walked towards my desk. I wouldn't look at him, but as he was coming in my acute peripheral vision I could feel intense negative energy as he looked at me. It was so bad at times that I would literally shiver in fright. Other times I would sweat and get hot flashes. I felt so stressed during that 6 month period. My blood pressure and glucose levels drastically increased. I had less and less energy, feeling sluggish and tired all the time. It felt like I was cursed. I knew it was him. It was his eyes. They emitted such terrifying power.

Just this past week he moved to a new office location so I no longer see him, and you guessed it, my symptoms have vanished. Just like that my aches and fatigue were gone. There's something mystical and powerful about our eyes. I don't think modern science has us figured out as much as they think. Well anyway that was my living hell for the past 6 months. It feels really good to get it out and tell someone.


There is a strong lesson to learn in your experience. Your fears are the only thing you are feeling from that individual. It's all quantum mechanics in a way. You see only the reflection of yourself in everything that you look at. Even inanimate objects as well.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by Visitor2012]



posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench
 


Yes indeed, it sounds like you are in tune with the output energies of others. Just beware the reflection of self in what you are looking at. How you perceive people's energy is more of a reflection of yourself than the person you're looking at.

How you respond to eye contact, reveals the beast of your own judgment as well. Eye contact only reveals YOU to yourself.

Another thing to consider is this. If you're looking at someone. They also see themselves in the reflection of your eyes. I think it is wise to steer clear from unstable people who can not handle what they see in the reflection. Often times, they respond with anger.


IMHO



posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Visitor2012
 


you miss the whole truth, that is absolutely objective so the concept of positive true one free move is known by anyone free move

but what is more actual life truth, is what the sense being positive more and not positive self reality, and this is where the mess exist

the beast is the other always inferiority that limit you to be less then itself and could use force to pretend being more by those realisations limiting you to its inferiority reference as inferior yourself

evil is powerful livings against truth, like how animals are more powerful then humans because of possessions from poweful evil livings, the essence of all fears, is what an inferior powerful living can make the hell out of normal positive one
the only limitation of inferior looking at you as identifying you is hell itself, what is below cannot see beyond, how that happen it is crazy




top topics



 
8
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

log in

join