It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking people in the eyes.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Visitor2012

Good info on the subject here wikipedia

There are so many different scenarios (stranger vs. friend) where a person can be misjudged because of eye contact. So I try not to judge a person on that.

But generally, if a person won't look me in the eye, I just assume they feel they are lower in the pecking order. I try to make them feel comfortable and they eventually make and keep eye contact.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by FearNoEvil

sorry but there could be so many different good reasons making someone not willing to look to another eyes, i for myself always seek to stay within my mind reality and mean others as meaning my business there only

and also i found it vulgar that one o one conversations, i hate it i am always looking elsewhere hoping for something else interesting to see or to talk about

also i know what it means when you feel depressed in general mood way, and you prefer then to stay true and not getting to invent anything about your days other then what bother you really so only contact with something objectively related to that you could act positively upon would attract your attention

in truth livings are alone positive, and that what makes ones being real and not those pretenses of means and moves

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I’m not sure if eye contact is bad or not, but yes you get what’s going on with the other person when looking into their eyes.

My husband “uses” eye to eye contact often and I must admit it’s rather intimidating at times.
I have to take a step back and end up telling him that I'm not a soldier and he can’t tell me what to do.

But most of the time I can stare into his eyes for ever

But yes I think he has mastered the eye to eye contact very well lol

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Visitor2012
I find that it is mostly difficult to do this in America. A place where people look with disdain on avoiding eye contact. That society is full of very dark, bitter self punishing people who desire nothing more than to transfer their negative energy onto you in the form of judgment and oppression.

Have you ever considered that this might be due to the fact that you are convinced that Americans are dark, bitter self punishing people who desire nothing more than to transfer negative energy in the first place. And that judgment itself might be the reason you find it difficult to look them in the eyes?

Not anything they've done but just the fact that you've pre-judged them.

[edit on 12/5/2010 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

i dont see what your husband has to do with that objective general issue here, you cannot take personnal relations as the reference to objective relations realities, personnal relations are very subjective to you as a living one and surely you never mean to put a limit to whom you choose to share with your home

like if you are saying o my mother give me some good eye contact very intimidating, it is not john wayne movies realities of livings and humans life

and women that love strong men are women that love to feel alive by something else powers and not themselves, so philosophically those women are evil livings that mean positive what they can get as negative ones to pretend being more then others as negative ones
and that is how women are also the source of monsters men, loving them the more that men pretend to be strong and lie so she fancy on all the lies she could make to show off infront of others as creations of her superior statu compared to them

i personnally for instance love men ans women that are like me, when i see in their eyes how they care to respect the other privacy and geniunly act within the rules of truth meaning always others as unlimited beings livings

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by imans

Well I don’t get out much in public to see a lot of other people.
And I take everything personal. If it involves me, effects me then its personal to me.

And I was just saying that this particular man (just happens to be my husband) uses his eyes as a form of communication to his advantage.

Are you calling me evil because I happen to be in love with a strong man and not wimpy sissy one?

[edit on 12/5/10 by Whateva69]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I have no problem looking some people in the eye, while others I feel completely unable to. The latter are the people I never manage to get along with to the point where dispite all amounts of trying, I can't even converse with them. There's something about them that I don't like, almost like an evil intent, and it's as if I'm protecting myself from their negativity while they look through me.
As much as I like to have eye contact with everyone, I get pulled away due to this problem that I have.

One thing that I find incredibly strange while I'm travelling in a car is that when we pass pedestrians (I am always the passenger), and if I look at them, they will turn around and stare at me for a second or two. I'm not talking whole groups of people, just the individuals I look at for whatever reason. I have tried this with blacked out sunglasses on and with my head facing straight forward with no hint of visual orientation and they still look, while the person next to them doesn't look, so it isn't that they notice me in the car looking in their direction; they look in mine!

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
reply to post by anonymousproxy

My apologies. Your wording wasn't clear. Psychosis and psychopathy are entirely unrelated. In fact, a true psychopath is never psychotic. Can you see how I came to say what I did after being given this additional reasoning? I've got asperger's, btw.

Oh wow, I misunderstood what you wrote for a second time! So you interpret people as giving off bad vibes, then stare at them with an intent to send "their" bad vibes into their body? That sounds both psychotic and malicious.

I wonder if you trust your sense of vibration, 100%
Hope you realize that in the case someone isn't trying to send off "bad vibes", you're just being an *Snip* staring at people with a malicious intent. Wouldn't this make you a hypocrite?

[edit on 12-5-2010 by unityemissions]

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5/12/2010 by semperfortis]

I have aspergers, i say autism for people to better understand. Yes i would say i am a hypocrite because when i stare at people's eyes i am the one doing it first . i am constantly stare at them and won't stop until they move to another direction. I guess i do it for power, and yes at times i suppose it could be for malicious intent and yes your right i sometimes don't realise what i am actually doing or how i am perceived to be doing with my eye.

I looked at my self in a cctv tv as the camera was on me in the shop. I saw the way i was looking which i never realised i looked like "the vibration" and that was just me been casual. Alot of people don't seem want to make the challenge with me, its like intimidation. No one seems to want to challenge me when i am staring, maybe because i point out with my eyes that if they do answer that ill react which i will.

I walk around at times with power, I do it to police officers sometimes i mainly like to stare out men alot bigger than me in muscle size as a sense of power over them,and it works. I do it for a sense of power so that they leave me alone, i am prejudging people, when a i get a smile back after my eyes glazing i find that odd but encouraging.

I find eye contact quite odd, i will look at people in a nice way if i feel there up to my standard of been talking to but if i feel like a challenge that day ill pick out the biggest in the crowd

I will point out, alot of arab stare for some reason

[edit on 13-5-2010 by anonymousproxy]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by imans

Wow, this thread has turned into something strange. Didn't your momma teach you manners?

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
To the OP-

I have this friend, we have now drifted apart...but none the less- Whenever others talk to her or her to them, they always tell me how weird it feels to look in her eyes- she stares you down almost to the point that you cannot focus on what she is saying. They can never look at her for long- I have observed her conversations with others and you can immediately see how uncomfortable people get....They start looking at the floor, the walls and then slowly back out of the conversation. Often times they are weirded out by her, and when she leaves they all talk about the experience.

I'm the opposite though. When her and I talk I keep full eye contact...It's difficult to explain, I almost feel as though I'm letting her 'win' If I look away- like I'm giving her power over me. (She's weird you would only understand if you met her..) Often times I see the confusion in her eyes when we are locked in eye contact- I can see she is willing or waiting for me give in and look away...but I never have, never will.

It reminds me of looking into a dogs eyes- My dog will never stare me down, when I look into her eyes, she looks at me for about 5-6 seconds and then looks at the ground.

People say- if a dog stares you down ( in your eyes) and doesn't look away, it does not respect you as it's owner.

Suppose it's kind of the same for people...

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101

you are crazy it is unsane what you say, how a dog behavior lol could be a reference to conscious ones, i dont know what you drink you all with those aliens powers of that time but you should wake up now and resist harder

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I used to have trouble looking people in eye when I was young. It's not so much of an issue for me as an adult. Interestingly, I find it harder to look people in the eye that I feel are higher up on the social ladder or those that are physically attractive. (Maybe I feel they are judging me?) There are some people you get an uncomfortable feeling from and I prefer not to make eye contact with these people.

More than once I have found myself staring into the eyes like they were open doors; a portal, a gateway to their soul and another dimension. The light appeared never-ending and a feeling of warmth encompassed my whole body when that gaze became self-aware. (Deep poetry? Solid Pick-up line? Rambling from an insane man? Probably the latter.)

[edit on 13/5/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Eye contact is a huge deal. If I am walking by someone in the street, and we both stare at each other, and they look away first, I feel as if I am the victor. Eyes are very powerful tools. Sometimes guys like to try stare me down to show dominance and alpha male type of thing, but I look right back, and I think to myself, "ha, you think you can get me to avert my gaze? Nice try."

There is this one girl who seriously cannot make eye contact with me. I know that she likes me, but she can seriously not stare me in the eyes. It kind of bothers me sometimes. When I am talking to someone 1 on 1, I really like to be able to make eye contact.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
interesting... I always try to make and hold eye contact when talking to people, but the weird thing is though I don't intend it to, it intimidates people. I guess it's so uncommon nowadays that it is taken differently?

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Romans 10:9

THEN THOSE EYES WOULD SEE EACH OTHER! IT MIGHT BE A BIT LIKE GOING CROSS-EYED, OR IT COULD BE DIFFERENT.

MAYBE THEY WOULD CANCEL EACH OTHER OUT?

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jokei

The girl was so pretty that one of her eyes coulnt stop looking at the other eye

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

how do you speculate on meditations and nature stuff when you mean so clearly being you someone in power, and you want another in power to confirm your powerful life and make it present real

you are clearly meaning to be one all and not all one freedom alive

and that is evil, so you mean nature and stuff only as above it with your calculations how to get powers and create power to sustain an image of nature from yourself perspective above it

at least im clear about hating nature for its powers that refrain any reality of truth to be seen all those ole things that dont mean a thing
as i hate god for its force in powers to kill and deform anything right of truth

if all is one free living, then your sense of being one living would always be very timid out but very true within yourself, and that is the right way for all to be one free living truly positive present existence

and whatever one is all mean there, it cant be of powers then, when it is the ultimate truth that is the base of anything and anyone, and when the void is clear it says clearly then how the concept of power is not from truth

anyway for me i like to see movies with people but then as movies with big budget with a lot of characters and not one on one for that berk

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I don't get all the fuss about eye-contact, I'm not a terribly paranoid person - I think it's a good thing, although I can understand people being shy etc.

reply to post by Whateva69

I dated a girl that was boss-eyed once, she was very pretty...

Your comment reminds me of a Tom Waits song, but dammed if I can name it.

P.S. Don't feed the trolls

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

i see what you mean, are you a poet or a writer, very poetic this encompass thing it looks very interesting indeed

for me it is more what i love to see the positive mean move, that geniun reality of one living, but it is not a light or anything, because it is about ourselves in truth and it is very pathetic to face, but it hurts me a lot when it is weeping in unconscious ways like i do more conscioustly
so i mean then to support even of lies, you have to love truth a lot which is crazy, to accept that existence burrying alive anything true
that is why i cant accept that fate for people that mean their rights of being true and not truth that they have no idea about

i love them more then i love truth not for any light, it is a simple choice that everyone sees it is obvious to anyone what a lot endure and they dare mean to abuse the situation to pretend the pleasure in being more one then others, as if it was the issue or as if you can erase a true issue with another will

because truth value to me is only for being true, when being true lead to such negative reality of positive move then we must hate the truth even in being true ourselves and love only who dont have any idea about truth and just mean well

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join