It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking people in the eyes.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Have you ever considered that looking someone in the eyes could make you open to attack by those who seek to destroy you?

I've noticed that in a lot of literature of kings, emperors, various myths and tribal traditions, the leader of the people is always kept isolated.

There are many references to a social structure whereby, no one is allowed to approach a King nor look into his eyes.

Now if you ignore the inflated Ego's that usually develop from the art of manifestation, you would see that eye contact was very important. I know that later on, 'peasants' were told that it was a sign of respect to look eachother in the eyes but not the King. It could explain why our destinies are so fuzzy and far from reach.

We perhaps have been lied to. Told that looking in the eyes is a sign of respect, when it is actually a curse of failure.

I found that if I look into the eyes of the people I intent to communicate with directly, my brain waves seem to stay more balanced, allowing me to visualize my manifestations easier.

I find that it is mostly difficult to do this in America. A place where people look with disdain on avoiding eye contact. That society is full of very dark, bitter self punishing people who desire nothing more than to transfer their negative energy onto you in the form of judgment and oppression.

You can feel negative energy approaching you. Send it love, but do not engage it with your eyes, unless they are True within themselves. It is easy to tell when someone is in their truth when you are in yours.

Sometimes I think , "wild" animals attack human beings just because of their ignorance of thought vibration and the effect of self fear and self hatred

Anyway, I'm done venting. Back to my studies....

Namaste

VA-Ya-Na-Ma-Si

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Its also a good way to tell if someone is really bullsh**in you or not, because they will try to hide negative emotions from you. It is also a way to send negative energy to others w/o touching them, I agree.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Visitor2012

I think the meaning was it would be disrespectful for those lower to look kings in the eyes.

The eyes are the doorway to the soul, even though consciously we do not gather all info.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Eye contact is one of the biggest forms of communications there is. With no words spoken, once glance can tell us all there is to know.

I agree eyes can definitely send out all types of vibes. Not just good and bad, but everything in between.

One can have an entire verbal chat with someone, but the things I always remember from these verbalizations is the times I made eye contact with the person during the conversation. Think about that and see if you have similar experiences.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I was always taught (by my father and others) to "Look a man in the eye, and have a firm handshake." It is more important to do this than to bow. But what the hay, I'm just an American citizen.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Visitor2012

Hey man, I like to look people in the eyes, especially when talking to them - I pick up a sense of the person when I do this and - I also think it's polite to actually look at someone you're talking to.

When you say true, but with a capital T - is there any special meaning to this? Is it a different True to true?

Originally posted by Visitor2012
Send it love, but do not engage it with your eyes, unless they are True within themselves. It is easy to tell when someone is in their truth when you are in yours.

I mean this question directly to the above quote.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I have never put that much thought into the meaning of eye contact, its interesting.

Up until my twenties I was quite shy and had great difficulty making eye contact with people, i was not aware that I was actually avoiding eye contact until several people pointed it out to me. I made a consious effort to change and it worked, now i have no problem making eye contact with people.

Yeah i was abit of a weirdo

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I believe looking into someone's eyes holds a lot of significances. Neck deep in a visual trip I would look into my wife's eyes and instantly my visuals would become stronger and more chaotic. I would have to look away to calm myself. Others have reported seeing colored shapes fly out of people's eyes and strike another person, almost knocking them down. Then you have the fact that an overwhelming majority of people can feel when someone is looking at them. Those don't hold much merit but as far as I'm concerned there is something more to it than meets the eye... What, is the question...

[edit on 12-5-2010 by SeeingBlue]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
My 16 year old daughter had a boyfriend who did not look us in the eye. Come to find out he was a window peaker and had talked our daughter into forbidden physical contact. We went on to find out that he got caught trying to break into a neighbor's house.

At first we thought he was just a shy boy. We ultimately realized he was sneeky and had something to hide afterall.

He is no longer a part of my daughter's life.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
My 16 year old daughter had a boyfriend who did not look us in the eye. Come to find out he was a window peaker and had talked our daughter into forbidden physical contact. We went on to find out that he got caught trying to break into a neighbor's house.

At first we thought he was just a shy boy. We ultimately realized he was sneeky and had something to hide afterall.

He is no longer a part of my daughter's life.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Jeebus, some of you guys are incredibly judgmental. You know someone once judged me a liar, because my eyes looked to the left while I was processing a response. It has nothing to do with being untruthful, it has to do with using the right side of your brain to think. I'm a lefty, so these same irrational judgments probably happen more often than I realize.

If someone is unable to keep eye contact with you, don't think they're untrustworthy. That's retarded! Perhaps they're physically or emotionally ill. Several vitamin deficiencies will cause someone to experience pain when looking people in the eyes. I went through this. When I was at my worst, locking eyes with someone for a split second would cause what seemed like a bolt of lightning to crash down my spine, as a thousand thoughts with heavy feelings poured through me. It had nothing to do with my character, I was diseased.

The eyes DO NOT tell all, they hint at what may be going on internally. Proper discernment of one's state of mind requires the integration of multiple cues, not just one or two.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Visitor2012
Have you ever considered that looking someone in the eyes could make you open to attack by those who seek to destroy you?

I've noticed that in a lot of literature of kings, emperors, various myths and tribal traditions, the leader of the people is always kept isolated.

There are many references to a social structure whereby, no one is allowed to approach a King nor look into his eyes.

Now if you ignore the inflated Ego's that usually develop from the art of manifestation, you would see that eye contact was very important. I know that later on, 'peasants' were told that it was a sign of respect to look eachother in the eyes but not the King. It could explain why our destinies are so fuzzy and far from reach.

We perhaps have been lied to. Told that looking in the eyes is a sign of respect, when it is actually a curse of failure.

I found that if I look into the eyes of the people I intent to communicate with directly, my brain waves seem to stay more balanced, allowing me to visualize my manifestations easier.

I find that it is mostly difficult to do this in America. A place where people look with disdain on avoiding eye contact. That society is full of very dark, bitter self punishing people who desire nothing more than to transfer their negative energy onto you in the form of judgment and oppression.

You can feel negative energy approaching you. Send it love, but do not engage it with your eyes, unless they are True within themselves. It is easy to tell when someone is in their truth when you are in yours.

Sometimes I think , "wild" animals attack human beings just because of their ignorance of thought vibration and the effect of self fear and self hatred

Anyway, I'm done venting. Back to my studies....

Namaste

VA-Ya-Na-Ma-Si

I stare at strangers giving a very negative vibes and i push the negative vibes throughout their bodies.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by anonymousproxy

Well, at least we know you're just a wanna-be psycho who's really just psychotic. Still best to stay away from fools like you.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

I think he might have been saying if a stranger gives him bad vibes, he sends them back to the stranger. Maybe.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Great way to post. "Is eye contact bad? Americans do it a lot and they suck." What a wonderful arguement. I am definitely a self-loathing, bitter American. You hit the nail on the hear. I think eye contact is good. But that's just my self-loathing, bitter, dark Amercian opinion.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
This thread made me think of a funny story from a week or so back. I was walking down the sidewalk, and I saw someone walking down a small flight of stairs. I stared at them, and they all of sudden tripped and almost fell down the stairs. For some reason, I felt like I might have accidentally caused this. It was really funny actually, and no one sustained any injuries.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
...whether eye contact is a good thing or not depends on the situation... a psycho can look you right straight in the eyes and lie - and - if you believe the hooey that liars always look away when tellin' a whopper, you could end up being served with fava beans and a nice chianti...

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

Well, at least we know you're just a wanna-be psycho who's really just psychotic. Still best to stay away from fools like you.

I have autism, so as a part of the condition, we stare at people intensely, I stare at people who i sense bad vibes from and give them bad vibes back.

how can you be a wannabe psycho whos really psychotic?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

My apologies. Your wording wasn't clear. Psychosis and psychopathy are entirely unrelated. In fact, a true psychopath is never psychotic. Can you see how I came to say what I did after being given this additional reasoning? I've got asperger's, btw.

Oh wow, I misunderstood what you wrote for a second time! So you interpret people as giving off bad vibes, then stare at them with an intent to send "their" bad vibes into their body? That sounds both psychotic and malicious.

I wonder if you trust your sense of vibration, 100%
Hope you realize that in the case someone isn't trying to send off "bad vibes", you're just being an *Snip* staring at people with a malicious intent. Wouldn't this make you a hypocrite?

[edit on 12-5-2010 by unityemissions]

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5/12/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Here's my question:

IF YOU COULD TAKE A PERSON'S EYES OUT, WITH THE WIRING STILL ATTACHED, AND THEN FACE THEM AT EACH OTHER AT CLOSE RANGE, WHAT THE HELL WOULD THAT PERSON SEE?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join