It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baby vaccine contaminated with pig virus

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

www.newscientist. com

The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has reported that stocks of Merck's Rotateq vaccine against rotavirus are contaminated with the pig viruses PCV1 and PCV2. But the agency has not advised doctors to stop using it as the pig viruses aren't known to cause disease in humans, and rotavirus kills roughly half a million infants worldwide each year. An FDA advisory panel said the vaccine's benefits still outweigh its risks.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.in-pharmatechnologist.com
www.fda.gov
bmartinmd.com

Edit to fix link

[edit on 12-5-2010 by android]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Am I reading this right? The benefits still outweigh the risks?

I understand the risk may be low but I can't understand why take it if we cannot be sure this thing is safe.

Notice on the FDA link they attempt to answer these questions but mostly the answers are well at least honest by the looks of it, i.e. they don't know - yet apparently they have still given it the green light.

www.newscientist. com

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by android

Look, it's simple. Tainted vaccines are not a big deal, look at Baxter and Factor 8.

Why stem the flow of profits over a little HIV virus? I understand the risks are low but the profits are enormous!

[edit on 12-5-2010 by YouAreDreaming]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I can't understand how this sort of thing happens. What kind of people
are employed at these companies that create vaccines? What sort of
education did they receive? Did it have anything to do with medicine?
And who are the idiots teaching new hires at these facilities? And what
type of stone age safety practices are implemented there? How can a
pig virus get into the mix? It seems to me that this would have to be
intentionally done. Is this the best these companies can do for the public?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Sometimes I think that it's the same old profit first mentality. They check the actuarial tables and figure that the profit they can make from the product is greater than any lawsuits they might face should liability be determined.

Say I make a billion selling the product... so what if two or three hundred thousand are lost to litigation costs... especially in an environment when any suit brought against the medical community (and its affiliates) are regarded as frivolous and justify my raising prices further.

If they fessed up to all the times they have hurt someone, no one would use their products at all; it's a good thing (for them) that most cases are settled with non-disclosure agreements being part of the settlement.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

It's all about the profits, not public safety. That's why H1N1 was invented.

We are basically screwed by this fascist medical system that has become demonized by money.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
This is how the article should read:

Originally posted by android

www.newscientist. com

The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has reported that stocks of Merck's Rotateq vaccine against rotavirus are contaminated with the pig viruses PCV1 and PCV2. But the agency has not advised doctors to stop using it as the pig viruses aren't known to cause disease in humans, and rotavirus kills roughly half a million infants worldwide each year. An FDA advisory panel said the vaccine's benefits (Profits) still outweigh its risks (death).

[edit on 12-5-2010 by android]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
This is disgusting. The obamanation of the FDA(f@%# Der $%!*) has gone tooo far!!

This needs to be put on the front page!!
S&F!

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
"An FDA advisory panel said the vaccine's benefits still outweigh its risks."

So if anyone is injured by this vaccine you should file Suit aganst every person on that panel.

I have not had my son vacinated after he had his shots at 3 months. At 6 months the wanted to do 7 vaccines in one sitting. I will not allow that junk in my son anymore. He is 2 1/2 now and so far is normal.

I have my lines in the sand ... Do You?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I hate their blanket excuse for EVERYTHING, "The benefits outweigh the risks". One death is too much. Completely unnecessary and preventable.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Well since the FDA gave the go ahead then the FDA carries the responsibilty when things go wrong.

It all boils down to the fact that our government doesn't give a rat's behind about the citizens, all they care about is corporations and whatever money they get from the corporate lobbyist.

So we have a government agency saying go ahead and shoot the babies up with some pig virus so the big corporation doesn't lose money by recalling and remanufacturing new batches to keep our children safe. When are we gonna say enough already and put an end to this madness ?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
If you inject something "contaminated" into your baby, you should be put in jail.

If you create a product that is "contaminated", you should be put out of business.

If you allow people to sell "contaminated" products that are injected into babies, you should also be put in jail.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by ALLis0NE]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE
If you inject something "contaminated" into your baby, you should be put in jail.

The problem is that they just do what the "people who know best" tell them to do. If it came down to it and something happens to their kid, all they have to do is say they took the word of a "trusted" adviser. I mean, why would a parent ever argue with a doctor of government entity that says there's nothing wrong with injecting PIG VIRUS into your kid?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

You are right.

The "pig virus" part isn't even the worse part though. The fact that the pig virus got there in the first place should throw some alarm bells. If the virus can get in, what else could have got in? What dirty unsanitary manufacturing problems had to play out in order for this virus to get in?

Why don't you just prick them with used needles why you are at it?

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

Yeah.

"Okay so wait... You said a pig virus is in the vaccine??"

"Yes, that's correct."

"A pig virus??"

"Yes. Pig virus."

"Okay... uh HOW did a pig virus happen to fall into the vaccine?"

"Well, um... this is an isolated incident. Trust me!"

"Right... uh huh... BULL%^#@."

What are these fools doing in those labs?!

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

I admire you for standing up for your child's health.
Question...What are you going to do when he is school
aged?The schools don't allow unvaccinated children to
attend.Parents have to show proof of vaccine records.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
The people responsible for this need to be round up and shot. But thats too nice really. Brutally tortured and murdered slowly is more along the lines of what they deserve. This is beyond disgusting.

The sooner there is an end to all this corruption the better.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
SWCCFAN .... there is a form you can fill out that states you oppose vaccinations... essentially saying it is against your religion.... our daughter has never had a problem, from Kindergarten through sixth grade. Schools, contrary to popular opinion, cannot keep your child out based on vaccines. It's simply not true. Ask a holistic doctor for more information.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by SWCCFAN

I admire you for standing up for your child's health.
Question...What are you going to do when he is school
aged?The schools don't allow unvaccinated children to
attend.Parents have to show proof of vaccine records.

We stopped my daughters vaccines at age 2. She is now preparing to enter kindergarten. The school district is demanding that we have all of her vacinations updated and then resubmit her entrance material. I told them , "NO!" They informed me that my daughter would not be permitted to attend school. I informed tham that I will happily submit to having her home-schooled - and would derive even more glee in knowing that they are losing their precious federal and state funding due to her lack of enrollment. They encouraged me to apply for a "Waiver"

So there you have it!

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_
The people responsible for this need to be round up and shot. But thats too nice really. Brutally tortured and murdered slowly is more along the lines of what they deserve. This is beyond disgusting.

The sooner there is an end to all this corruption the better.

The price of bullets is too high and ammo is getting harder
to come by.I agree,shoot them,but shoot them with their own
vaccines.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join