It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona gov. signs bill targeting ethnic studies

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
After listening to the arguments and understanding history of the United States of America, this is what I know:
The country discourages segregration on all levels. It leads to discrimination and detrimental to society on the whole. Ethnic studies classes, those where students are seperated by race, so hispanic students take hispanic only classes, asian students taking asian only classes, is not the way to go, rather it is the starting of stating that you are seperate because of your race. By eliminating ethnic only studies, where all students are taking the same courses, then you produce a level playing field and all students are equal. If they are treating everyone equal, who then is discriminated? I feel it is more improtant that they push for a unified school circulum that focuses on achieving and succeeding in life and business than worrying about cultural studies that directly forbids a student who is not of a particular culture from taking such, or the focus is more on division than joining together.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

I agree, the time to stop compromising with another nation, namely Mexico, has come. Why is the history or social ideology of Mexico important in America? Why force Spanish on our kids, why not mandarin Chinese, or French in all our northern states to align them with Canada?

The issue is we have a extremely large number of Mexicans in our country that are here illegal, and we have a large number of Americans that are Mexican descent that align themselves with these illegals and Mexico more than the country they are a citizen of. That is what drives this issue and why for 25 years we felt the need to compromise than to fix the problem.

Well sorry to say it is time to fix the problem….

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I agree with some of the things that some of you have said but I believe that there is a time for everything and right now is not the time to be doing this. Many of you are being blinded by all that is going on and are not thinking straight. Think about it, who in their right mind would pass or even consider bringing up this type of law in a time like this?
Why????
There is something else going on here. Think about it.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join