It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hearing Strange Sounds Perhaps ATS Can Explain

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Well I was up late and trying to get to sleep but couldn't so in the end I just started listening to my suroundings. After a while I heard a fighter aircraft in formation. Big deal you might think but following that came a weird humming that lasted for about a minute(I didn't check the time). After this it fadded away slowly. I told a friend the next day and at first he thought it was wind rustling a tree but I then told him it was unlike anything I had ever heard before.

Theres one other incident which I'm not to sure on. Again trying to get to sleep and I heard a major crash outside. From the sound of the crash it sounded to be fairly small but I'm positive that a few minutes later that I saw a distinct shadow outside my window. After this point I was getting very paranoid for a short while later there was lots and lots of barking form dogs.

Can you explain this to me?

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Posted by Dread
Well I was up late and trying to get to sleep but couldn't so in the end I just started listening to my suroundings.

This statement makes it seem like you were hallucinating or in a non-waking state. Look in the Paranormal Studies forum for topics about Astral Projection and OBE's. Those states are often induced before sleep, by becoming mentally 'aware', while physically relaxed.

Of course, your experiences could be 'real'. Whereabouts in England do you live? Near any air bases, by any chance? Is your house isolated, in the country?

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I live in the North-West of England/Britain in Wirral opposite Liverpool. Where I live is in Birkenhead so I'm not isolated but the only airbase that I know of is RAF Sealand about 50miles away. I can get there in about a 30minute car drive so I'm way connected. I also think I would have known any rising feeling or that my body was lifeless on the bed.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
*Ignore this post*

[edit on 7-6-2004 by Dread]

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
There is also a local UFO confounding locals for it sucks water out of the river every now and again. I'm thinking of going to river sometime with a camera to try and get it on film.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
The human imagination can be a wonderful or upsetting thing and sometimes it seems like our subconcious is the one in the drivers seat. I experienced a horrible reaction to some anti-anxiety medication once and for several nights believed that someone was playing their tv at full volume in my apartment complex. I could hear several different programs, everything from I Love Lucy to the news to an auctioner. As it turns out, it was my overactive imagination feeding off the noise of a fan in my bedroom. My perception was ascew because of the drugs, but it was still my imagination that had warped my experience.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Hey Jonna, sure you didn't have a metal plate implanted in your head? LOL. I mean, that sounds like something that would happen to people with a metal plate in their heads. Picking up a Nick-at-Nite show or somethin like that.

Hehe, man that cracks me up.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg
Hey Jonna, sure you didn't have a metal plate implanted in your head? LOL. I mean, that sounds like something that would happen to people with a metal plate in their heads. Picking up a Nick-at-Nite show or somethin like that.

I kept running around the house in the middle of the night like a lunatic! I just could not tell where it was coming from until I turned off the fan while unplugging every piece of electrical equipment I own.

If you get a good laugh out of that, I will tell you the best part. At one point, I was hearing a mariachi band; the same Mexican hat dance song over and over and over again. If that didn't drive me completely over the edge, I don't think that anything ever will.

I still have the frantic urge to have tacos and the strangest of times.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Can we please stick to my question please(not that some of my experiences very interesting or anything)?

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I say you were probably in a light sleep. Wait and see if you hear it again, if so...investigate.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Military exercises, sleepiness, overactive imagination.

It's obvious you're hoping it was a UFO incident or you wouldn't have posted this on ATS asking for UFO believers opinions. Sorry...I really don't think it was an "encounter".

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Alrite m8, i live in a small town called Widnes, now thats not to far from u. Anyway last nite i was up late about 1-2ish somthing like that watching some films..anyway my dog went crazy in the backroom and i was like ahh probs the new neigbours in the garden then i relaised they where out...moments later the next door neighbours dog on the otherside goes mad so i looked out the french doors at the back off our house into the garden and saw what looked like somthing watching me, it backed off quickly..but hey i was watching horror movies so it could have been my mind playinf tricks on me...but then maybe this is connected with what u saw...or it could have been a scummy thief trying to robb my house lol

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I'm just gonna point out I wasn't drunk and I've never taken drugs. I hadn't seen any horror movies that night and that I knew Aliens had to exist but I never thought that I might hear one of their spacecraft where I live.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 08:22 AM
link   
This thread convinced me to join ATS. I've heard similar "humming" sounds and felt the presence of something outside my house. I leave in Northern Wisconsin in the USA. I'll post the last time I experienced the humming in my next visit (I wrote it down somewhere).

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I'm told that people with PK, the ability to bend metal, often have a humming sound in the back of their heda somtimes. If you had recieved an electrical shock recently that may ahve somthing to do with it.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Well I've been getting electric shocks but this is just static off my parent's car. But these static shocks only started this year while the humming was last year.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   
It was the first week in March 2004..............www.ufowisconsin.com... That report is from an area 35 miles away from my home. The bay of Green Bay and Lake Michigan are large bodies of fresh water near by. I wonder if there is a connection to the UFO that sucks water out of the river in England?

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   
That's kinda what happened to me but I didn't see the object all I knew about it was that I could hear it. I might have been hearing several from the amount of humming.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   
In that incident the humming was very low and soft for 3-4 nights between 3-4 AM........I knew it was them but at a distance. There have been times when the humming sounds like 100 diesel locomotives idleing close by.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I live in Dallas tx and have had a number of bad electrical experiences. I have also heared humming and a number of oddities.

<<   2 >>

join