It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspicions about Arlen Specter aid Joe Sestak

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
www.politico.com...

The first time Sen. Arlen Specter (D-Pa.) slipped up here Tuesday night at the Allegheny County Democratic Committee’s Jefferson-Jackson Dinner, most in the audience pretended not to notice.

But at the end of his remarks when Specter again thanked the “the Allegheny County Republicans” for their endorsement, many couldn’t help but laugh nervously and shoot did-he-really-just-say-that looks at each other.

As amusing as it seemed to some of the Democrats in attendance, mistakes like that could end up costing him his job next Tuesday. It’s not that Specter is so precariously placed that he can’t weather the occasional gaffe, it’s that every little reminder of the 80-year-old’s Republican past chips away at his porcelain base in his new party.

After reading both pages of this fascinating article I have concluded that this gaffe may be the final ‘nail in the coffin’ for Arlen Specter. He has served many terms in the U.S. Senate and only 1 of those years as a Democrat which was already setting him up for a difficult primary against a lifelong Democrat Joe Sestak. When he was speaking and called the Democratic Committee the Republicans he made a serious mistake that could cost him his primary and hand it over to his progressive labor oriented competitor.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Doesn't surprise me at all. He talks out of both sides of his mouth all the time.

I think he is toast here in PA. I will say his supporters are trying hard around the state capital but they are really wasting their time. We are sick of him here also.

The good thing is that Obama plans on coming to the state to stump for him. That will seal his fate. Time for him to go-right after the one bullet theory.

I just checked all 3 major news outlets in Pittsburgh (nothing-only stories about Specter dropping in the polls but no mention of his gaffe).

I also check two other statewide ones-nothing. Which doesn't surprise me. They will get to this after the primaries-maybe

[edit on 5/12/2010 by anon72]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
He is fickle and self serving and too old to remember what party he belongs to anymore.

As the Alzheimer's kicks in, he gets kicked out.

And, deservedly so. NO one trusts a traitor.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I saw a Joe Sestak commercial blasting Specter, showing video of him saying "I switched parties because it's the only way I can get re-elected."

It made me want to stand up and cheer!

Specter is a turncoat devil who doesn't deserve to draw a paycheck at the taxpayer's expense. I hope he looses so we can finally say goodbye and good riddance to that filthy *snip*!

I hope he puts this latest slip into an ad soon.

[edit on 5/12/10 by FortAnthem]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I live in Reading, PA. I can't help but notice all of the ads.

I kind of hope that Specter wins the primary by the skin of his teeth, so I can see him get drubbed in the general election. It would serve him right.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Just saw this thread, I am voting for Specter also...just to see him lose the senate elections.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca
Just saw this thread, I am voting for Specter also...just to see him lose the senate elections.

I'm hoping he'll loose the primary. That way we can watch him mope around Capitol Hill during his last few months in office.

It will also be interesting to see if he'll go crawling back to the Republicans and beg them to run on their ticket again.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
This is very bad for him. As of yesterday, Sestak was already pulling ahead in some polls by as much as 5%. Assuming he's not peaking too early, current momentum seems to be with the former Admiral.

I like Sestak a lot, I hope he wins and then wins the GE. Only 6 days before we find out.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Here's the audio from the speech.

The big dummy said it TWICE!

Bye bye Mr Specter.

[edit on 5/12/10 by FortAnthem]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

Originally posted by prionace glauca

I'm hoping he'll loose the primary. That way we can watch him mope around Capitol Hill during his last few months in office.

It will also be interesting to see if he'll go crawling back to the Republicans and beg them to run on their ticket again.
Either way, it will be fun to see him lose!
He started out as a Democrat, spent 40+ years as a Republican, then switched back.
His voting record in the Senate has never been conservative and I have voted against him three times, this fall will make four(if he beats Sestak).

new topics

top topics

join