It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US troops executing prisoners in Afghanistan, journalist says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

US troops executing prisoners in Afghanistan, journalist says

rawstory.com

“What they’ve done in the field now is, they tell the troops, you have to make a determination within a day or two or so whether or not the prisoners you have, the detainees, are Taliban,” Hersh added. “You must extract whatever tactical intelligence you can get, as opposed to strategic, long-range intelligence, immediately. And if you cannot conclude they’re Taliban, you must turn them free.
“What it means is, and I’ve been told this anecdotally by five or six different people, battlefield executions are taking place,” he continued. “Well, if they can’t prove they’re Ta
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Seymour Hersh is famous in breaking news stories like that... He helped getting Abu Ghraib out... Bush planning to attack Iran... Cheney wanting to do false-flag to start a war with Iran...

Things like that.

Now this... Not a big surprise. Troops killing civilians ? What a surprise...NOT.

Troops follow orders. And they don't care. Lots of them are screwed because of all those tours.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Wow, they started taking prisoners? I thought they just killed everyone who showed any resistance at all, right on the spot. Maybe they were trying to get some intel.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Business as usual for fascists.
However, we must not forget that those soldiers are our brothers and sisters, and many of them can still turn around and see what they're doing.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodFella

Individually US soldiers are a certain way. I.e. act a certain way, believe certain ways etc. However, COLLECTIVELY the US soldiers are entirely different. And it is COLLECTIVELY that we as a nation not only judge ourselves but also judge our military. Just because individual soldiers are good people does not mean collectively the US military is good or just or moral. War is hell we all get that. Im sure a lot of what happens nowadays happened in WWII and WWII and since the dawn of man. But that doesn't make it right. Humanity will never move forward with war.

This brings me to my next point and my new post in another section of ATS. I 'm starting to believe humanity is being controlled by a "higher" more sinister force outside of our collective control. You can call it annunaki, reptillians, or whatever. I don't believe the current direction the world is headed is just because a few humans are giving into their human nature of greed and control. I think something darker and more complex is at work on this Planet. A greater plan so to speak.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

If we can agree that something big is about to happen on Planet Earth, what we are seeing is the last act before the big change or event. Such actions are IMO directed by a divine plan. Negatively oriented elites are controlling much of what is happening. This serves two purposes. Firstly the latter further solidify's whomever choses the negative path. Secondly it is a wake up call to the fence sitters who have not as yet clearly made the intention to be of either positive or negative orientation. Most of you sound as if you find this disturbing and are profoundly not in agreement? So will you serve only yourself or are you inclined to serve others? Whatever you choose, there is no right or wrong answer. Or will you take the third option and continue to sit on the fence? Whoever has eyes, let them see. Who so ever has ears let them hear. Know that your Creator loves you. Know that we are all ONE. Know that we are all ONE with the Creator.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I find it strange that New Yorker journalist Seymour Hersh is being quoted by small internet "news groups" regarding these" battlefield executions."
Yet, this journalist, being on the magazine payroll, did NOT break his own story to the New Yorker? Something looks like a hoax involving these small obscure internet news groups.

new topics

top topics

join