It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain's new Prime Minister promised UFO disclosure

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

www.examiner.com...

www.examiner.com

Britain's new conservative Prime Minister, David Cameron, might trump U.S. politicians on a galactic scale. According to a 2009 report by BBC, "David Cameron has vowed to publish any secret files that may exist on UFOs if he becomes prime minister. Speaking at one of his regular Cameron Direct public meetings, he pledged to be 'open and frank' with any government knowledge about close encounters…"

"At the meeting in Tynemouth, North Tyneside, he [Cameron] was questioned about a spate of mysterious incidents. A member of the audience asked: 'In July last year the respected scientist
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12-5-2010 by bluemooone2]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Campaign promises come and go faster than UFOs. But maybe Prime Minister Cameron will represent the honest and courageous side of humanity more than other politicians have so far.

Well we will see ........ The UK does have many interesting UFO cases and Im sure there are some top secret files concerning them somewhere .

www.examiner.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12-5-2010 by bluemooone2]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
S & F. I Look forward to this..

But next time, don't post just the link as the title. Try to think of a better title.

Edit: Looks like you fixed it

[edit on 12-5-2010 by mossme89]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

part of the breaking news rules is the title has to be the same as the article I believe

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I thought Britain released all of this information last year?....

Remember?...

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2

www.examiner.com...

www.examiner.com

Britain's new conservative Prime Minister, David Cameron, might trump U.S. politicians on a galactic scale. According to a 2009 report by BBC, "David Cameron has vowed to publish any secret files that may exist on UFOs if he becomes prime minister. Speaking at one of his regular Cameron Direct public meetings, he pledged to be 'open and frank' with any government knowledge about close encounters…
"

Hi bluemooone2, I did read what he said here.

www.examiner.com...

"At the meeting in Tynemouth, North Tyneside, he [Cameron] was questioned about a spate of mysterious incidents. A member of the audience asked: 'In July last year the respected scientist and astronaut Dr Edgar Mitchell, who was the sixth man to walk on the moon, spoke on a British radio station. He said the American government had had contact with extra terrestrials on multiple occasions and that these were ongoing.

'He [Dr. Mitchell] spoke about the Roswell event in 1947 where wreckage of a downed UFO was recovered and found to contain alien bodies. He said this event was real but was covered up by the government for many years. Do you agree with me that the British people have a right to know if we have been visited, and if so, when you become prime minister will you seek to lift the veil of secrecy and give the public the truth that they deserve?'

"Mr Cameron replied: '…I think we should be as open as possible, so I would be quite happy to give you a guarantee that if I became prime minister I would always be entirely open and frank about these things.

I don't think any of us have any clue whether there's intelligent life out there and it is certainly not something that any government should seek to hide from anyone.'

And looking closely to what he said here.

"'…I think we should be as open as possible, so I would be quite happy to give you a guarantee that if I became prime minister I would always be entirely open and frank about these things.
I dont think any of us have any clue whether theres intelligent life out there and it is certainly not something that any government should seek to hide from anyone .

I would say, forget it, it won’t happen.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Here is the video of David Cameron answering the question on disclosure.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
British prime ministers have a habit of breaking promises so I'm not going to hold my breath. He could also just disclose a few things like they've done in the past and say "thats it, thats all we've got" and no one can say otherwise.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I suspect a lot will matter exactly what these letters contain and where abouts it is on Cameron and Cleggs joint list of priorities.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Why do you pay attention to what politicians have to say?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Sorry to say but the UK l*cks the USA Gov.
They cant make that move without the uncle Sam approval.

Its just election BS, just as Obama did to get on the White House.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Everyone should inundate the office of the PM with letters reminding him of his promise and that they are expecting him to live up to it.

The only way we will ever get disclosure is to keep the pressure on.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Several possibilities here:

1) he won't keep his promise just 'because.' Probably just playing lip service to being open and free for public consumption.
2) he's being totally honest and intends to open up anything he gets on this and does.
3) he looks at the files and finds out there really isn't much there. Some odd, unexplained incidents but no hard proof anywhere in the UK archives to say we've been visited
4) the truth is so shocking, and so dangerous that he can't possibly reveal the truth to the world, least he do more damage than keeping things a secret will cause.

Not all of these are mutually exclusive possibilities, I guess. But there will be no way of knowing from our side which is the final result.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifeInDeath
Several possibilities here:

1) he won't keep his promise just 'because.' Probably just playing lip service to being open and free for public consumption.
2) he's being totally honest and intends to open up anything he gets on this and does.
3) he looks at the files and finds out there really isn't much there. Some odd, unexplained incidents but no hard proof anywhere in the UK archives to say we've been visited
4) the truth is so shocking, and so dangerous that he can't possibly reveal the truth to the world, least he do more damage than keeping things a secret will cause.

Not all of these are mutually exclusive possibilities, I guess. But there will be no way of knowing from our side which is the final result.

I'd say #1 is probably the most likely. Politicians do whatever they can to get approval to get in office. Once they are in office, forget it!

#3 is likely too, the most revealing files are probably hidden even from the top public officials

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
He's a politician, they lie.

Keep dreaming if you think he is going to get any information anyway from the black world after making a statement like that.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Even if there was full disclosure it would not change anything.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I don't know Cameron may actually keep his promise. They have moved to do away with the National ID Cards in Great Britain, and a host of other programs that severely affected the privacy and rights of individual there. Could there really be a movement of the govt actually doing something for its citizens? Or is this just sleight of hand to implement even more Orwellian measures in the age of the nanny state? Either way the only way to find out is to keep the pressure on him at this point.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
jimmy carter said the same thing but correct me if i am wrong but we are still waiting , and he has been and gone .

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
What politicians say when they are in opposition and what they actually do when they have a mandate are two very different things entirely.

Cameron et al will be too busy ruining the country to worry about UFOs.

[edit on 13/5/2010 by 0010110011101]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Cameron may have said it in all honesty.

However, now that he is privy to certain 'secret' pieces of information and he will be working within certain restraints that TPTB place upon the PM, maybe he is not in a position to do so?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join