It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU bids for power over national budgets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

EU bids for power over national budgets

www.cbc.ca

Senior administrators of the European Union proposed on Wednesday that they be given unprecedented power to scrutinize the spending plans of countries before national parliaments vote on those budgets.

The EU's executive commission's bid was a move to crack down on widespread government overspending and to begin to deal with the debt crisis that threatens the exchange value of the euro.

Read more: www.cbc.ca...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
So it begins. The EU wants to be able to have the power to tell individual countries how to spend their money. Stemming from the Greek crisis we have the solution: give up your budgetary independence. What I find strange is that France and Germany are forcing Greece to spend billions of Euros on armaments. What do they want to do; make sure all the countries are buying their fair share of weapons?

(Reuters) - In a bizarre twist to the Greek debt crisis, France and Germany are pressing Greece to buy their gunboats and warplanes, even as they urge it to cut public spending and curb its deficit. Source

I hope all the countries in the EU tell them where to go and then if they knew what was good for them they'd just disband it.

www.cbc.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12-5-2010 by TheComte]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Once over I would have said never in the UK, but who knows with these two pranksters?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Im glad Norway is outside the EU when news like this arrive.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gromle
Im glad Norway is outside the EU when news like this arrive.

Who knows, eeehhhhh

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

I've been saying this for months.. This is just the start of the Fiscal Union.. Ie the United States of Europe EUROZONE..

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

see thats the problem with the EU now they want this whats next world domination look at history those who controll the money controll the power and lets not go there it reminds me too much of a dictatorship but of a commite

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dermo

I've been saying this for months.. This is just the start of the Fiscal Union.. Ie the United States of Europe EUROZONE..

yep..and its disgraceful..god i hope the german constitutional lawyers save us from this..

who wants to be run by such people...who resort to lies and terrorism to further their agenda..

its very worrying

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
www.tagesschau.de...

germany should be euro financial police..says Jean-Claude Trichet..they should
control and check the other nations finances..

top topics

join