It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hero students leap into river to save drowning woman... as police officers REFUSE to help

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by enodebllahsti
You cant even call these morons cops, there just immoral losers in blue suits.

What exactly makes them morons? Have you been reading the posts in this thread?

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by xXxtremelySecure

Originally posted by Rollo
Hang on I will stand and WATCH some one drown and DIE right in front of me in7ft of water...
Rather than get in trouble...boo hoo, apparently cops cant do CPR either...
[edit on 14-5-2010 by Rollo]

Apparently you didnt read my post very close, 7ft of River water and I did get suspended for saving him.

Also I will perform CPR if the need arises...even if I get suspended, sued, and possibly fired.

Secure

I not meaning to have a go at you and by the sounds of it you are a good guy...
But why not get your union to make some noise..if no union get all your fellow comrades and take a stand and make some noise...the media loves a stink...
Have a semi strike and not book low grade speeding drivers or some thing like that...then leak a memo to media...make enough noise etc they may change certain things to allow you to perform your job with out the extra burden.
Wont change unless one of ya' do something for not only yourselves but the public too!
Maybe your reason to be on this forum is to be made aware for your destiny? Be the difference?!?!?!?

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

I not meaning to have a go at you and by the sounds of it you are a good guy...
But why not get your union to make some noise..if no union get all your fellow comrades and take a stand and make some noise...the media loves a stink...
Have a semi strike and not book low grade speeding drivers or some thing like that...then leak a memo to media...make enough noise etc they may change certain things to allow you to perform your job with out the extra burden.

The main problem is money at the moment, our city is not giving our department enough money, we are supposed to have 120 street(beat) officers we have 72 and 7 are close to retirement(useless for most calls) we were given a choice in January a pay cut or 2 officers laid off. At this point I can honestly say I haven't wrote a ticket since February the call volume is to large to have time for that, I am barely able to keep up with paperwork at the moment, any "free" time i have is devoted to catching up on that.

The sad thing is that this is the norm for Southwest Virginia police and sheriffs departments our departments are trying to save money any way they can even by going to insurance that covers less.

Secure

[edit on 15-5-2010 by xXxtremelySecure]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
cops should not be receptionist...the force need to hire civilians to answer phones and file paper work....

That would mean more out and about...yer more wages need to be paid to do this but...speed cameras on roads do work as well as having a cop car driving along in the traffic.... or a ctv doesn't work as well as a few cops on the beat.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   

cops should not be receptionist...the force need to hire civilians to answer phones and file paper work....

That would mean more out and about...yer more wages need to be paid to do this but...speed cameras on roads do work as well as having a cop car driving along in the traffic.... or a ctv doesn't work as well as a few cops on the beat.

The department is so low on funds that we are about to convert 2 animal control officers in traffic only officers for revenue generation.

Secure

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by xXxtremelySecure

The department is so low on funds that we are about to convert 2 animal control officers in traffic only officers for revenue generation.

It seems that revenue generation is going to save lives now is it? I mean where did the MOTO to Serve and Protect go?

Nowadays its, make money by screwing the middle class man!

Amazing what our country is becoming. Sad, sad indeed.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by theability

It seems that revenue generation is going to save lives now is it? I mean where did the MOTO to Serve and Protect go?

Nowadays its, make money by screwing the middle class man!

Amazing what our country is becoming. Sad, sad indeed.

I tell you what is sad...we have lost 60% of our budget due to state and federals cuts we are supposed to have a minimum of 125 officers we have 67. Usually we have 3-10 calls on hold due to lack of manpower...

Secure

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I would like to thank those students for their brave and courageous acts!

With that being said, I can totally understand why the cops wouldn't want to jump in after the drowning person. Now-a-days, people tend to sue for the slightest reasons. The officer would have been praised as a hero but, being a hero doesn't put food on the table.

Just ask Superman or Spider-man. They each need a job to help put food on the table.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   

I tell you what is sad...we have lost 60% of our budget due to state and federals cuts we are supposed to have a minimum of 125 officers we have 67. Usually we have 3-10 calls on hold due to lack of manpower...

I understand your view point. It just seems rather sick for the Law Agency you work for, to turn out two new officers only for traffics stops to generate revenue.

With the way it was explained, it seems the only reason they'd become Officers is to make traffics stops and write tickets. I guess the quota thing is real then? And if it is, then how many ticket are farce and fabrications?

ALOT!

But through all this, it seems that they'd add more police for serving the public, not trying to fine the public.

It will never be enough MONEY. Let history speak on that. Slowly and surely the system is bucking those who pay the officers wage, and in the end those involved (officers of peace) are taking money directly from those who pay your living wage.

This is becoming quite sickening.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by theability

Well they aren't new officer they are just getting rid if the animal control division(2 officers) and making them Traffic officers, with the new state tickets rate that went into effect June 1st they should be able to generate enough revenue to support the hiring of 3-5 new officers. This was the City Managers decision not the chiefs...the chief is not happy to say the least neither are the animal control officers.

Secure

Edited to add: I haven't had the chance to write a speeding ticket since February due to call volume.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by xXxtremelySecure]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Police Superintendent Fiona McPherson said: 'We congratulate the actions of these very brave individuals. They managed to get to her moments before the emergency services arrived.'

Nice try Superintendent - but the emergency services had arrived, albeit in the form of your cowardly officers.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join