It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Traveling faster than the speed of light?? I have Proof it can be done!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

Just outta curiosity but was there not a recent discovery of a mass travelling at 3 million miles per second shooting out of the galaxy? It was calculated that it would take 1 million years to exit the galaxy.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Wobbly Anomaly

You cant remove space because all your left with is space. Instead it might be more practical to attempt to stop space (at least the area you occupy) for a split second, this theoretically would mean you travelled faster than the speed of light for however long the space around you stopped.

Just a theory! Most likely highly improbable

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by slank
So perhaps light is simply a resistive partition point/barrier?

Like an otherwise continuous function with a single [multiple?] vertical asymptotic discontinuity.

If there is a domain where minimal energy will [get?] keep particles at superluminal velocities then it seems likely there may already be a natural particulate stream already in existence.

The winds of superluminality.

The tricks may be (1) the discrete placement in that superluminal realm, as well as (2) evading reverse temporal flow [backwards time flow].
If there is an already existent stream of superluminal particles, which sounds entirely possible to me then perhaps one can try to fall into it. How one would maintain a fixed or progressive time frame is maybe the more difficult project.

If time is the phase shift between magnetic & electric phases of EM waves, then going backwards in time must be a reversed [inverted?] phase shifting.
I wonder if setting up some kind of circular wave pattern might have some application? It perhaps spun in synchronous rhythm with the phase shifting it was encountering. Like using the bouncing from wave(?) peaks to keep one in empiric 'verticle' non-time flow. A canceling counter rhythm?

The manipulation of EM phase shifting probably has many useful, interesting & very frightening possibilities, not excluding time travel & reality altering.

A weird idea is that if you can freeze time during transit you may be able to arrive elsewhere in your own Universe, but if some time passes [forward or reverse] you might end up in some other[when?] Universe.
And the fact if one could stop/pause timeflow is that transit would be essentially instantaneous.

You are already there, which is now 'here'. You are no longer here, because it is now 'there'.

Thank you for your post slank I like your ideas alot! Thinking about your post made me think of this. Maybe the speed at which light travels determins how we precive time. The faster light travels, the faster time is preceived.

for instance think of a movie as our universe and the FPS (frames per second) is light/time. You can speed up or slow down a movie by the frames per second, or stop it all together by pressing pause or stop. It has been proven that time is effected by how fast you travel so then if you could stop the light/time around youreslf lets say a black hole then you could in effect stop time. But if you could speed up light/time then you could travel into the future.

Also the faster light travels would seem to me determin the brightness of the light. If our universe allowed light to travel twice the speed it is now I think it would make our universe alot brighter and hotter which in turn would speed everything up (like the life of the star for example).

Maybe the reason so many people claim to see a bright white light when they die is because there mind is leaving and traveling faster than the speed of light to our next level of conscious. So being brought out of our bodies and moved so fast would just create a bright "White" light...

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod
reply to post by Wobbly Anomaly

You cant remove space because all your left with is space. Instead it might be more practical to attempt to stop space (at least the area you occupy) for a split second, this theoretically would mean you travelled faster than the speed of light for however long the space around you stopped.

Just a theory! Most likely highly improbable

We still dont know what space is . What we measure as space may well be a type of energy embedded within another, as of yet, un-measurable substance. What we know as space may be the 'surface' structure of something else and this surface structure may be limited to how it interacts with matter eg. matter has to interact with planck scale artifacts on the 'skin' of space that we can measure and that slows down the travel of objects. Maybe a bit similar to the 'fps' mentioned above.

Maybe it will turn out to be a bit like dark matter, like sub-space....!

[edit on 12-5-2010 by Wobbly Anomaly]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Maybe the reason so many people claim to see a bright white light when they die is because there mind is leaving and traveling faster than the speed of light to our next level of conscious. So being brought out of our bodies and moved so fast would just create a bright "White" light...

or their pupils are dilating.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vicious Jones

or their pupils are dilating.

Could be that as well

BTW I like your signature

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Trudge

thanks. In all seriousness though the whole white light experience could be anything. I don't know what will happen when I die, but I am certain that things don't fizzle out into a black abyss of non existence. (which can't even be described as black for obvious reasons)

As for your idea on faster light speed = faster perception of time. Interesting take, I wouldn't know what to say except for the obvious E=mc^2, Energy would be much greater with faster light speeds. Unfortunately you cannot speed up light, photons always travel at c, you would need a universe in which c is greater if that's what you were getting at. Interesting thoughts all around.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by Vicious Jones]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vicious Jones
reply to post by Trudge

thanks. In all seriousness though the whole white light experience could be anything. I don't know what will happen when I die, but I am certain that things don't fizzle out into a black abyss of non existence. (which can't even be described as black for obvious reasons)

As for your idea on faster light speed = faster perception of time. Interesting take, I wouldn't know what to say except for the obvious E=mc^2, Energy would be much greater with faster light speeds. Unfortunately you cannot speed up light, photons always travel at c, you would need a universe in which c is greater if that's what you were getting at. Interesting thoughts all around.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by Vicious Jones]

I look at life as if it has happened once it will happen again so if you are alive now then you will live again. The only thing I don't know that hasn't happened twice is the big bang (if you believe in the big bang). Other than that everything that has happened once will happen again.

I was just thinking that if our universe allowed light to travel faster than it is now, if that would in turn speed up time, or if our world traveled twice the speed it is now would we live half as long?? Just questions I was asking myself..

(Just thinking of the earth going twice as fast and if we would live half as long just made my head spin hehe)

[edit on 12-5-2010 by Trudge]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

Just outta curiosity but was there not a recent discovery of a mass travelling at 3 million miles per second shooting out of the galaxy? It was calculated that it would take 1 million years to exit the galaxy.

I missed that one.
How do the scientists cope with that information.
Can't say how Tesla made his measurements but his statement
indicated a huge potential on the Sun.
Large explosions of charges could only make those velocities unless
part of the velocity is the greater than light speed drift.

Based on a few calculation I get the Galaxy width.
The galaxy is 9.3 MM miles wide.
No hope for exit at 300milles per second.
But great for earth bound travel
And sonic boom free.
And using free energy from the ether.
No wonder the ET people are delusional about dimensional travel.
However what are the estimated FTL velocities of the galaxies for
them to acquire a red shift if there is such a ether based calculation.
I would think it would be straight math.
A Galaxy going x faster than light makes an x velocity shift in the light.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
The Shadowcatcher
I don't know the physics of this theory concerning the ability of an object to block out light, but, In Outerspace you could take a bright light source and spin an object around it at very high speed. When the object rotates around the light source it will cast a shadow. At a great distance the rotating shadow that is cast will be traveling in a circle much faster than the rotating object. If you can get the object to rotate fast enough, its shadow could possibly rotate faster than the speed of light, though it would have no mass or matter. If you could find a proper distance, you could make a barrier upon which the shadow moving FTL would be cast upon. But this would all be in relation to the most amount of direct light from the source being blocked out by the shadow, and of course bending or warpage of the projected lightwaves disapating the shadow over distance and reflections upon the surface of the barrier, However, If you had a substance or barrier to the shadow that reacts when the light is blocked out by the shadow or that would react to the darkness you could produce a rotating wave that could be used to hook an object with a force that would repel the wave and be pushed around in a circle faster than light. But Theres Flaws like the ability of matter to move at a rate faster than light, the ability of the physical track which produces the reaction to the shadow to move that fast or even react that fast, not to mention a hypothetical timewarp bubble forming and shrinkage of the matter should it go back in time. I guess the whole thing would likely explode if tried.
Or else you could just hook an existing shadow from really far away traveling faster than light already

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mitheriel
you could take a bright light source and spin an object around it at very high speed. When the object rotates around the light source it will cast a shadow. At a great distance the rotating shadow that is cast will be traveling in a circle much faster than the rotating object. If you can get the object to rotate fast enough, its shadow could possibly rotate faster than the speed of light,

Cool idea, i like the idea of shadows travelling FTL. If the shadow were travelling FTL then how could the light from the central source (that the object is circling) travel outwards fast enough to cast the shadow of it if it were moving faster than light ? Would it not always appear to be travelling AT the SOL? The edge of the shadow would be dependant on the speed of light coming from the source rather than the 'assumed' position of a shadow 'as if' the light had travelled FTL.

Am i missing something really obvious ?

Ive heard of 'light booms' that are caused by the magnetic field of pulsars or quasars that reach millions of miles into space and follow an enormous radius around the already quickly spinning star . Reminds me of the 'shadow' idea, the speed increasing with the distance of the shadow/field away from the source.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I know on Stargate universe they are traveling at "FTL".

thanx to the ancients.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Space, or interstellar space to be precise is not a perfect vacuum as the Op stated. With this in mind we should look at the unknown medium as a very light fluid and apply fluid dynamics due to its physical characteristics. It makes much more sense especially with regards to friction. ( Stan Deyo uses liquid dynamics in his anti-gravity presentation on Youtube)

For example, if we take a look at water there are methods to create pockets of air and negate the effects of the liquid medium for a brief moment. We know air bubbles occur naturally in nature and can even be created artificially when enough energy is applied.

Following the same principles above there should be examples where such "pockets" occur naturally. If someone was to accidentally step into one of these pockets, the friction of space medium should momentarily disappear until the pocket collapses. This will allow the person within the bubble to get from one point to another in an extremely short time (like a wormhole). I remember a pilot that has has written a book on his experience with such phenomena. He was able to cover a vast distance in an short amount of time.

Energy comes in many forms such as matter and even light. We know for a fact that energy affects the fabric of space/time. If we wanted to create an artificial pocket or "wormhole" it will obviously require lots of energy.

I believe if one can artificially recreate the conditions that the pilot went through, we can have FTL travel as friction is no longer a concern.

Edit: I forgot to mention John Bedini and his curious over-unity experiments where electricity behaves like a gas. Another piece of the puzzle perhaps.

[edit on 13-5-2010 by platoslab]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
A few thousand years aren't gonna change the laws of physics.

Eh, I'm pretty sure they will, at least as we understand them. That's as short sighted as saying that everything useful has already been invented. A couple of decades will probably have the laws of physics re-written, maybe more than once.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I was just going over the whole thing about where Tesla was coming from.
People place Tesla working with magnetism yet the induction Tesla uses
is from voltage.

So what does he find, faster than light mass or particles.
And now galaxy's are perhaps exploding with pressures that
expel particles at great speed.

Tesla said the majority of the particles going to earth came from
the Sun.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
An intresting theory, with one minor flaw... A constant is just that.. constant. In order to exceed the speed of light, or terminal velocity, you will need something else to propel the origional item faster than their origional constant.

186,000 miles per second is the constant.. We need something to push past this, which will require energy. Then you need to plug in Einsteins theories that state the faster you go, the more energy needed, with the effect of time slowing down (which has been proven to an extent with cosmonauts in orbit having a different time on their watches).

You also need to account for the fact that photons will have less resitance than say a multi thousand ton space vessel that needs to be propelled with absolutely no constant speed to associate with it.

Now, if we take your theory and apply quantum mechanics, and start warping space to go from point A to point Z, bypassing B through Y by bending, or warping space-time, then we are gold.

As far as the naysayers out there.. listen to what they have to say and learn from them.. It only took an Apple falling on Newton to develop one of the fundamental points of almost everything - Gravity.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

By what method are Tachyons postulated to travel faster than light and how does this fit in with what you have just written ? How can 2 locations in the known universe be observed to travel away from each other FTL ?

Yes, Newton theorised about gravity......a theory which continues to be refined as we learn exactly what gravity really is ! We are still learning.

For all we know our theories about speed of light travel only work within certain parameters and break down past Planck scales and in black holes etc.

What i'm saying is yes, pay attention to the naysayers....but dont take what they say as gospel, we are still learning.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
flagged for the pure insanity of the OP.

alot of holes in your theory... but great read. keeping working on it!

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

So what if we were able to create a space ship that could travel 99.9 percent the speed of light. Once they reach that speed they then create a 99.9 percent perfect vaccum bubble of space around the ship that would then cause them to go faster that the speed of light? Each second they hold the close to perfect bubble around the ship they would increase there speed. Once the bubble was removed the ship would then slow down to just below the speed of light again.

A quick example would be a ship moving on a smooth sea and then running into rougher water..

[edit on 20-5-2010 by Trudge]

[edit on 20-5-2010 by Trudge]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join