It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the "Rapture"?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by _SilentAssassin_

Heaven is divided into 3 categories. More precise, there are 3 heavens. The 1st heaven is the earth's atmosphere (birds flying in the heavens).
The 2nd heaven is the cosmos or outer space (stars in heaven).
The 3rd heaven is God, the Father's dwelling place along with His angels and His Son Jesus. This is in a spiritual realm that no flesh and bone body can ever be part of.
In the beginning God created the HEAVENS (plural) and the Earth. Keep that in mind.

That's my answer to heaven for you. The biblical proof of 3 heavens is in the book of Hebrews. Just read through it and you'll see. I hope this helps.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Locoman8

Sorry I say differently. To me God and the Universe are the same thing. ALL is only ONE.
You may even devide the Universe in dimensions, that I do not disagree. But God is not just on the higher dimensions. God is everywhere.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by _SilentAssassin_]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

That is an excellent and correct answer, when you think about in those terms, and when you think about how heaven is used in the bible.

After all birds flying in the heavens doesn't means birds flying around the moon.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Locoman8
reply to post by _SilentAssassin_

Heaven is divided into 3 categories. More precise, there are 3 heavens. The 1st heaven is the earth's atmosphere (birds flying in the heavens).
The 2nd heaven is the cosmos or outer space (stars in heaven).
The 3rd heaven is God, the Father's dwelling place along with His angels and His Son Jesus. This is in a spiritual realm that no flesh and bone body can ever be part of.
In the beginning God created the HEAVENS (plural) and the Earth. Keep that in mind.

That's my answer to heaven for you. The biblical proof of 3 heavens is in the book of Hebrews. Just read through it and you'll see. I hope this helps.

Then why does Jesus say the kingdom of heaven is in you? Also there is no reference I find to three heavens in Hebrews. You are thinking of 2 Corinthians 12:2 besides the "heavens" are not representative of abodes but rather times as it says,

Gen 1:14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

Peace

[edit on 19-5-2010 by letthereaderunderstand]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by _SilentAssassin_

Sorry I say differently. To me God and the Universe are the same thing. ALL is only ONE.
You may even devide the Universe in dimensions, that I do not disagree. But God is not just on the higher dimensions. God is everywhere.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by _SilentAssassin_]

You are right.

Peace

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Bluejay says I'm right. Letthereaderunderstand says I'm wrong. Honestly, I've known Bluejay for a few years now and give him much credibility. And I'm not just saying that because he said I was right.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I support all viewpoints supported by the bible

Personal philosophy, is just that, it's basis isn't very strong.

Colossians 2:8

8See to it that no one carries you off as spoil or makes you yourselves captive by his so-called philosophy and intellectualism and vain deceit (idle fancies and plain nonsense), following human tradition (men's ideas of the material rather than the spiritual world), just crude notions following the rudimentary and elemental teachings of the universe and disregarding [the teachings of] Christ (the Messiah).

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by damwel
So the dead rise when Christ returns and he takes 144,000 Christians into heaven and then what???
Oh the rest of us stay here and get eaten by the dead out of Christ? I think I have seen this movie a lot of times.

this would appear to be disinfo.
As far as the way I read the Bible there is no maximum
limit or number used to describe how many Christians
will be included in the Rapture. It is EVERYONE who
believes in Jesus, no matter how many there is.
The only excluded ones from the rapture are the
non-believers.

Exactly. I would love to know how this story that salvation is limited to 144 000 people got started!
Deffo it's disinfo...
However, the Rapture story is a modern belief that has no Biblical foundation.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join