It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deepwater Not That Bad, Stop Fearmongering...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

See there, it's not so bad. This was taken from the BBC News site, the full article can be seen here:

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by gopher mines

I assume this is sarcasm? Hopefully meant to be dark comedy?

BBC saying a BP mistake "not so bad"?

Yeah. It's hilarious.

Edit to add: If this crap enters the Gulf Stream and winds up on their doorstep, let's see how bad they think it is then.

[edit on 5/12/2010 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I am beginning to wonder about all these efforts to 'inform' the public that this is not a big deal.

No one will answer with any specificity about anything.... yet some are certain this is 'small potatoes'.

Of course, those who don't live near the shore, nor depend on her as a primary source of income can be forgiven a lack of empathy. But unless you have had to live with the consequences, I am not so sure anyone should blithely marginalize the concern expressed by those who have and will.

Move this 'minor leak' off the coast of UK and let's see how 'small' it is.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Exactly no one knows, and or telling the truth.

The americans have to act like they know what they are doing, but what happens when they do not?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by gopher mines

If you are a person who believes whatever the MSM tells them, and are innocently posting whatever the AP and Reuters shoves into your mind, I feel for you. After all, this is a 'National Security Event' and all media pertaining to it is centrally controlled. If you are posting this to intentionally misguide... well then...

This 'spill' is estimated (very quietly) to be in the 100mil-200mil gallons already. There is a chasm down there pumping oil at 60,000psi. Time will tell the truth no matter how much this story is buried and scrubbed. Believe me, I wish I was wrong and you right. But the data overwhelmingly points to a massive coverup and EPIC disaster.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."

Red Adair

it shows, thanks for not using better equipment BP.

Every oil leak is one too many.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I was being sarcastic with my post... Also bear in mind that this was from May 7th, so at the time, perhaps it wasn't so bad. But I agree, This thing should be covered WAY MORE in the MSM, with actual facts and not opinions based on false information.

link   
I live in Louisiana and I work for an insurance claims adjusting company. Currently we have adjusters spread across the gulf states and have signed 6 months to one year leases for temporary offices. No one here is taking this lightly. I think the MSM is down playing this to the rest of the world. Just my opinion, I haven't actually been in the gulf to look at the spill for myself.

link   
If its not so bad, why have they banned the media from their meetings on how to deal with the spill? Also why have we not seen any picutres of the actual well spewing?

Is it possible it is much worse than they are letting on, and are trying to keep it hidden as long as possible?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Sarkron

because the media is full of crap.... american media moreso
naughty naughty cheney

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Hello there. Please continue the discussion on the previous, ongoing thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you. Thread closed.

new topics

top topics