It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planes hit Afghan cave complex

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
"US warplanes pounded dozens of insurgents hiding in caves in southern Afghanistan, the military said today, following a gunbattle between the militants and US troops."
news.com.au...

Sanc'.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Afghanistan.....Are we still there?

Seriously I think we need to be informed more than we are about Afghanistan.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
From sanctum's above link:
"More than 400 people have died in violence across Afghanistan this year, most in the south and east, where US forces and Taliban militants have clashed repeatedly in recent weeks.

The US military has assembled 20,000 troops, its largest-ever force in Afghanistan, in an attempt to keep militants on the defensive in the run-up to the vote."

ISeeYou, ain't that the truth. The media in this country is just about useless. We hear nothing about Afghanistan and little about the rest of the world. We only here about Kerry, Bush, Iraq, Michael Jackson and Scott Peterson.

Thank God for ATS.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I wouldn't be amazed if Bush doesn't pull Osama out of a hat before the election...it would grease the rails for the second term. Could be why it's been so low-key...

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by I See You
Seriously I think we need to be informed more than we are about Afghanistan.

There is plenty of news available regarding Afghanistan. Just because the situation isn't regarded as notable enough to be included on the main TV news doesn't mean that information isn't out there. Like most things - it's up to you to go and find it.

Just pop "Afghanistan" into your search engine. You will find literally thousands of pages that contain updates on the situation over there.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by muckminer
I wouldn't be amazed if Bush doesn't pull Osama out of a hat before the election...

That's been my prediction for a while now. If I recall, Saddam got captured at what was then the low point of popularity in the war. Speaking of suppressed stories...don't we have Saddam Hussein in custody? Why isn't the number #1 story on everything, everyday? Good find sanctum.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by el_topo
Speaking of suppressed stories...don't we have Saddam Hussein in custody? Why isn't the number #1 story on everything, everyday?

Because it's not exactly newsworthy is it?
Any interrogations are probably deemed classified and the rest of the time his confinement is probably pretty mundane.
I can just see it in print in the headlines.

Monday: Sat in cell
Tuesday: Sat in cell
Wednesday: Sat in cell
Thursday: Sat in cell
Friday: Sat in cell
Saturday: Sat in cell
Sunday: Sat in cell.

Doesn't exactly work, does it?

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
The Daily Cell update would be a refreshing change from Whacko Jacko and Scott Peterson...in my opinion.

Also, the media coverage would add some weight to the issue on the current political landscape...as well as it's absence, depending on who it benefits...

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by el_topo

Originally posted by muckminer
I wouldn't be amazed if Bush doesn't pull Osama out of a hat before the election...

That's been my prediction for a while now. If I recall, Saddam got captured at what was then the low point of popularity in the war. Speaking of suppressed stories...don't we have Saddam Hussein in custody? Why isn't the number #1 story on everything, everyday? Good find sanctum.

This would imply that Osama is being held right now, as we speak.
In which case I wonder why his minions aren't screaming about it to the world.
Also, we can expect Osama to blow the whistle as soon as he is brought in front of a camera, right?

:shk:

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Good point - but it's not an impossible scenerio...perhaps he's currently not captured, doesn't mean they do not know where Osama can be found...

If any or the other conspiracy theories hold any truth, Bush has Osama's satelite phone number on his speed-dial...but that's another thread.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Ya we been shooting up wedding parties there for years now. I was sorta miffed about all the greif given over the Iraqi wedding like Afganistan weddings do not count!

www.guardian.co.uk...

www.why-war.com...

It is traditional, they blow up their own weddings as well...
archives.tcm.ie...

One wonders if the women and children in that part of the world are born with magnetic anomolies recievers in there heads as most GPS guided munitions seem to hit them ?

english.aljazeera.net...

new topics

top topics

join