It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead dolphins wash up on coast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

HORN ISLAND, Miss. – Federal wildlife officials are treating the deaths of six dolphins on the Gulf Coast as oil-related even though other factors may be to blame. Blair Mase (MACE') of the National Marine Fisheries Service said Tuesday that the carcasses have all been found in Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama since May 2. Samples have been sent for testing to see whether a massive oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico helped kill the dolphins.

Sadly this is sadly only the beginning of the wildlife casualties. Any news you hear about the leak slowing down and the spill not growing as fast just means they are spraying stuff on the spill that causes the oil to submerge beneath the surface.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
uuuu aaawww oooooo Im predicting a post.....here it is

"damn NWO

so they spray chemtrails to hide the 2 suns

now they leak oil to justify the death of sea animals which is due to disorientation caused by Planet X arrival"

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Wasnt there another thread saying how this oil spill is no big deal and being overhyped by the media? Yeah right. This will turn out to be one of the worst environmental disasters in US history.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
This is so Damn upsetting I can't stand it.I live in Panama city Beach this is effecting EVERYTHING here.
They are handleing this like children they don't know what the hell there doing.
I hope they get this fixed and pay everyone who's at a loss and they need to be flogged
and yes you know who they are.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Blame the anglo american empire. Man isn't mankind smart?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Yea right not a big deal
second line

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

When millions of Dead Sea Life and Birds wash up on the shores of the

Gulf Coast which includes Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and

Florida reality will finally hit home of the impact of the Horizon Oil

Disaster. ^Y^

[edit on 12-5-2010 by amari]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
Wasnt there another thread saying how this oil spill is no big deal and being overhyped by the media? Yeah right. This will turn out to be one of the worst environmental disasters in US history.

i dont think its being overhyped i think their trying to play it down and this things getting worse by the hour let alone day with no end in sight.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Yeah...

So many ATSers are saying this is no big deal...heck I hope they are right.

But I have a sinking feeling that those turtles and dolphins are just the tip of the iceberg.

I really do think this is going to be bigger then all the mistakes I've lived to see man make thus far.

Hey, call me crazy...

I don't mind.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

The Russians thought they had a Black sea. They don't even know what a Black sea is. We'll show em how to have a Black sea. Black Sea - see the
ATS background.

Is anybody charting this thing at all?
1/5 of the gulf 1/8 1/3 any body?

Maybe it's already half?
If people are mouthing off without knowing, well I can believe it.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by randyvs]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
Hey, call me crazy...

I don't mind.

Yep like us all, we have an opinion, like all others. People can ignore all they want.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I was wondering how long it would be before we started seeing wildlife die off from this oil spill (if that is what they died from). I think we'll be seeing a lot more animal and plant death due to that oil spill soon.

Such a shame

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by teraform

I have been to Panama City Beach many times and Pensacola. I love it down there. I am praying for you guys that this mess gets cleaned up and does not spoil those clear ocean waters and beautiful white sandy beaches. There is no place on earth I would rather vacation than in either of those places. I still have small sandollars I collected from the clear waters down there years ago.
They need to get busy and get this thing capped and cleaned up, if BP can`t do it then they need to enlist the help of whoever can no matter where they from in the world.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

It is such a shame. Dolphins are arguably one of the most intelligent creatures on earth. They could be smarter than us! Did you know that Dolphins use tools? They have been seen using sponges to protect their mouth while digging in the dirt. More info below:

news.nationalgeographic.com...

When researchers first saw something strange on the snout of a dolphin in Shark Bay, Western Australia, they thought it was a massive tumor. Now they say it provides the first evidence of a tool-use culture in marine mammals.

The object turned out to be a marine sponge broken off from the seabed. Later other bottlenose dolphins in Shark Bay were observed holding sponges over their beaks, and appeared to use them as a fishing tool.

Researchers now report this odd hunting technique originated in a single female and is passed from mother to daughter.

Also, some think that dolphins should be considered people:

www.tgdaily.com...

Dolphins are almost as clever as people and should be given human status, according to a zoologist at Emory University.

Lori Marino used MRI scans to compare dolphin brains with those of primates, and concluded that they are more intelligent than chimpanzees.

Corrected for body size, dolphins have larger brains than any primates except man, and the same surface folds found in human brains. They also have a cerebral cortex and neocortex that approach the size of those found in humans.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeastMaster2012
Dolphins are arguably one of the most intelligent creatures on earth. They could be smarter than us! Did you know that Dolphins use tools? They have been seen using sponges to protect their mouth while digging in the dirt.

Lets hope they are intelligent enough to get as far away as possible from the pollution.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by amari

When millions of Dead Sea Life and Birds wash up on the shores of the

Gulf Coast which includes Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and

Florida reality will finally hit home of the impact of the Horizon Oil

Disaster. ^Y^

Not to Nit Pick.

But there are other countries around the Gulf that received no Benefit

from the Oil or the money it Generated.

These poorer countries will be severly impacted as well.

This is not a US only disaster.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
i say we hire dolphins to come up with a solution and fire all the idiots currently in charge...

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by BeastMaster2012

Yes they are incredibly intelligent and beautiful. I know they will be affected by this spill. I only hope that it will be a very small number of them that are.

top topics

join