It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemical Concussions and Secret LSD: Pentagon Details Cold War Mind-Control Tests!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

More than 30 years after it was written, the Pentagon has released a memorandum detailing its involvement in the CIA’s infamous Cold War mind-control experiments. But a warning to conspiracy theorists on the lookout for new fodder: This isn’t quite Men Who Stare at Goats II.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/92887ea4f0aa.jpg[/atsimg]

The 17-page document (.pdf), “Experimentation Programs conducted by the Department of Defense That Had CIA Sponsorship or Participation and That Involved the Administration to Human Subjects of Drugs Intended for Mind-Control or Behavior-Modification Purposes,” was prepared in 1977 by the General Counsel of the Department of Defense and released on May 6 after a Freedom of Information Act request. Most of the details have been revealed in earlier CIA papers. And if anything, the Pentagon’s recap is a reminder of how little the Department of Defense cops to knowing about the CIA projects.

Most of the details have been revealed in earlier CIA papers. And if anything, the Pentagon’s recap is a reminder of how little the Department of Defense cops to knowing about the CIA projects. Still, there are some tantalizing new details. Take the origins of MK-ULTRA, the notorious CIA program that dosed thousands of unwitting participants with hallucinogenic drugs.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e39d6aae1f70.jpg[/atsimg]

Initially funded by the Navy, the project set out to study the effects of brain concussion. Soon after, scientists noted that a blow to the head prompted amnesia, leading to the pursuit of a drug-based technique to “induce brain concussion … without physical trauma.” Shortly thereafter, the project was transferred entirely to the CIA, because it involved “human experiments … not easily justifiable on medical-therapeutic grounds.”

Edgewood Laboratories, where many of the programs were carried out, is also identified as having tested an incapacitating chemical on prisoners and military personnel without the agency’s approval. The drug, EA#3167, was “appl[ied] to the skin” of subjects using an adhesive tape.

Other programs, described briefly focused on mind control. MK-NAOMI was after “severely incapacitating and lethal materials … [and] gadgetry for their dissemination,” and MK-CHICKWIT was designed to “identify new drug developments in Europe and Asia,” and then “obtain samples.” Another program, MK-OFTEN, started as a study on dopamine. But the scope was soon expanded to evaluate ibogaine, a hallucinogen, and then several more drugs, in hopes of creating “new pharmacologically active drugs affecting the central nervous system [to] modify men’s behavior.”

The report pins most of the nefarious activities on CIA-funded scientists. But that’s hardly the verdict of subsequent government documents, like a 1994 report from the U.S General Accounting Office. In that report, Pentagon officials are said to have “work[ed] directly with the CIA” and dosed “thousands” of military subjects with '___' and other drugs. Eyewitness accounts, like that of psychiatrist James Ketchum, describe outlandish Army efforts at creating hallucinogenic weapons in conjunction with MK-ULTRA.

pdf link to 17 page doc: www.dod.mil... ( references: Projects MKDelta, MKUltra, MKNaomi, MKSearch, MKChickwit, MKOften)
Source: www.dod.mil...

I have only just begun to get into this area. I have heard about MKUltra but not the other ones. The first time I ever even heard of anything like this was from the movie Jacob's Ladder (if you haven't seen it, I recommend it-if your into this stuff).

It is just hard to believe that the CIA is still in existence. At least by that name anyway. When you start adding all the stuff it has done to it's own citizens, let alone in other countries! Lookking forward to any experts on this.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
This is deep, very deep rabbit hole. You will not sleep well for few months if you want follow it. Good luck.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by zeddissad

With that being said, I strapin' myself in and going for it.

down the hole I go.....

I hope some of the experts on documents from that time period can review this document.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Back from the hole's beginning.

I have to say I find most of this thing hard to believe. Seems to be a lot of speculation and no actual people who came forth with evidence.

Not to say the CIA didn't do illegal test on people but the who MKUltra thing and all... I don't know.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
MK ULTRA first hand accounts:

Druggies get into the program and acquire immunity from drug arrest.
That seemed to be one of the attractions.
ED: Agent Orange handlers ended up with cancer.
Loading and dumping from aircraft to cut down vegetation.
And for what, tptb war in Nam.
Did Nixon want to stop it.
No.
If you think Nixon was bad, guess how good Truman comes
out after winning WWII.
Yeah not good.

[edit on 5/12/2010 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
I hope some of the experts on documents from that time period can review this document.

I'm certainly no expert but after a very limited review of the pdf, which I will go through later on a more indepth scale, it seems to mostly support the reality of the MK experiments and suggest that there was more elaborate and detailed (and more people) involved within said experiments. Concussive research as a means to create an experiential disinclination for memory recall (essentially induced amnesia through the use of traumatic force, and likely in combination with drugs) is something that is in the MK Senate Hearings records.

There is substantiation for computer database set up for reference and categorization of pharmaceuticals. Oddly, while this may not seem relevant, the context of the document suggests otherwise. And this aspect of the project was undertaken by Edgewood, a corporate entity (Unless I am mistaken). As well, some of the funding they received from government sources (our taxes) was allocated to an undisclosed private contractor.

One major deal, I think, is the implicit proof that Government Spending was allocated for these researches and divied out to private entities...

The major deal, is that there are many informations gained through undisclosed reasons (classified for a reason, obviously) and committed on unwitting subjects.

I would be interested in hearing some of the rationalizations for it. But I also as well think that there are other such experiments ongoing.

My two glials...

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
From the referenced pdf...page 8.

It appears that the researcher tested some 800 compounds on addicted patients. There is no indication in the documents as to the number of persons involved or the compounds tested. Three compounds were retained and all are now common drugs: darvon which is used as a pain killer; dextromethorphan which is used in cough syrup; and lomotil which is used as an antidiarrhea drug.

This sounds a lot like government/military funding was producing pharmaceuticals. This report may actually be a bigger bridge than anticipated...at least in my opinion.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Good luck with your studies- soon you will no doubt be reading about the McAllan Institute in Montreal and "Psychic Driving" (trauma induced mind control).

I find its very hard to get any info on MK ULTRA/SEARCH that is new- apparently almost all related documents were destroyed before investigators could get to the "bottom" of who is/was accountable for these experiments on unwitting citizens.

Either these types of experiments were curtailed in the 1980's or (more likely) they changed form.

I noticed a few years back, the popular TV show LOST on ABC seemed to be making references to MK ULTRA in its 1970's- themed subplot about "The Dharma Initiative". A few episodes featured drug induced interrogation and electronic audio-visual brainwashing- both potentially point to MK ULTRA.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
This sounds a lot like government/military funding was producing pharmaceuticals. This report may actually be a bigger bridge than anticipated...at least in my opinion.

Sort of like the 'Blackwater' of pharmaceuticals? This almost makes too much sense.

I think you're on to something, MS.

Put together a few medicinal scientific research groups, provide boo coo government bucks - off the books, of course. Pass over all government experimental contracts. If/when the experiment matures to capacity, dilute it or reformulate it and legitimately place it into market.

So, essentially they'll recoup costs and make money on both ends. The back end, with research grants and government funding; and the front end, with consumer purchasing of the 'dumb-down' chemicals or the chemicals that are no longer needed in the 'field'.

Is this about what you were thinking?

[edit on 13-5-2010 by SourGrapes]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SourGrapes

More or less.

Big money in industry and research have the know how and motivation to compete for government contracts. Supply the campaign financings, get the contract and then you potentially have taxes to fund research. No records are kept corporately, because it is off their payroll. But they get access to the results and can provide better products for profit.

Government Funding provided the creation of a computer catalog of pharmaceuticals by Edgewood Arsenal Research Laboratories...who also divied some of the funds to private contractors (and for unknown reasons).

So yeah, I think that manipulation of the system to use government funding for illegal research of various kinds and then perhaps the use of some of the results for corporate gain is a very possibility in this case.

Argh...Coffee Time...

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

But, one has to ask... What has some good things that have come about because of these dealings between the Feds and private companies?

I wouldn't know where to begin but I sure there must be some positive outcomes from all this thinking the citizens are paying for.

The wife and I got to discussing this and we went down the path of the CIA folks that actually carried out any of the atrosities we know, and don't know about.

Like, at anytime they were dumping posion into the air, into peoples bodies, on and on that what they were doing wasn't right? Wasn't what they got into gov't service to do? Kill/mane/injure their own people. WTF? Where do they find there people to conduct this stuff?

You would have thought by now at least ONE would have had a come to Jesus moment and told themselves: I have to tell someone, get this corrected or exposed. Have they no conscience?

And, what about the people ordering the minions to do the dirty deeps. Even more repulsive. I just don't know what to think anymore. ALmost regret even coming across this article.

But, I have to stick to my guns and pursue truth. Thank you for your input.

PS: As far as the docuements in the 17 pages pdf. What I was hoping to get some of the members that are able to break down the page by type set, bold face printing etc. The Forensics people to determine if the presented document(s) were legit or could even have been possible at the time claimed (or are the fakes).

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

PS: As far as the docuements in the 17 pages pdf. What I was hoping to get some of the members that are able to break down the page by type set, bold face printing etc. The Forensics people to determine if the presented document(s) were legit or could even have been possible at the time claimed (or are the fakes).

The documents are most very likely real. It's actually repetitive of previous MK documents with only a few things I haven't seen...but that doesn't mean that the information hasn't been drifting around for awhile...Edgewood has been associated with Mind Control experiments through other sources.

As for regretting the article? Same here...but then again I have been dealing with stuff like this for years. Check out the first link in my signature...bottom of the first page is where I begin communicating personal experience. And there is alot of information/sources et cetera throughout the entire thread...

And it's not all bad...as you asserted at the top of your post...

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
www.dod.mil...

Fixing the link in the opening post...needed it for another discussion and found it didn't work so I had to refind it...

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

To address a portion of the above real quick if very late; it was possible.

Consider this report; note dates in the citation list.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
They really have sanitized this completely a school of America's graduate told me NLP and an electromagnetic halo devise were used at Johns Hopkins for conditioning Rangers and other elites in order for them to exceed mental norms to accomplish missionsHe said scopalamine was not effective on them after the conditioning.He spent about 25 years in vain trying not to suicide.It sure looked like an "Azrael" protocol to me.He was also a genius.and remained strangely fit as well despite drinking and a poor diet.He was quite out of it at the end.I will miss him.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I just wanted to put this in my profile for easy access. I read through the 17 page document it's interesting.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Can someone reup? I get 404 not found for the PDF.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by joesomebody

I provided an updated link in a few posts up. Staff would have to edit it into the opening post...

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I don't know if anyone has made any comment on these forums on this yet but I'd like to refer you all to look into the next generation of these very same experiments.

A "smart dust" that is absorbed through the skin or through mucosal areas that is then then transferred to the brain. Once there, a quick "transmission" may be sent over some distance and the individuals brain is then "turned on" or off by this substance. Transmitter/receiver/mind alteration... our boys are way beyond the whole '___' thing.

See International Patent WO/2008/076414
SELF-REPLICATING MATERIALS/MATTER
The invention provides micron and sub-micron scale particles designed to recognize and selectively interact with each other by exploiting the recognition and specificity enabled by DNA-sequence-encoded coatings. Such materials possess sufficient information coded in their chemical and physical interactions to self assemble and self replicate. (thanks to dboots)

The particulate matter most probably acts as a transmitter as well as a receiver  Their is technology concerning using light molecules of synthetic algae proteins that respond to light that are capable of being a form of brain switches Switch on Switch off One protein went by C2H2 (switchh on) and th was HALO (switch off) using pulses of yellow light Google "light molecules" or "The beam of light that flips a switch that turns on the brain" (NY Times 2007)

As Forest Gump said, "That's all I have to say about that."

top topics

join