It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we have a 'British' Political Madness forum?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Some really interesting points in here folks.

I am quite happy to have revised my viewpoint (as I stated before) that we shouldn't have national-basis politics forums, rather we should have one forum. This forum should be known as political madness.

In this forum called political madness, we should see any topic that is nothing more than an exploration of divisive & 'low-brow' political interaction. Top quality political debate and discussion should be in the politics forums and the bully pulpit.

However, this has the requirement of attentive moderation. As politics is purely opinion, how can this be correctly moderated? How can we class certain things as purely divisive and 'low-brow', when others class it as legitimately worthy of more?

The nationality basis of the argument is but one facet.

Personally, I'd like to see many of these 'Dirty immigrant' and 'Muslim Bashing' threads consigned to a political madness forum, as most are nothing but divisive and 'low-brow' discussions. This would then leave the rest of the political discussions free from bigotry and small-mindedness, and allow the political golden nuggets to shine through. Offending posts in the wrong place could be marked as off-topic.

Parallex.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parallex
There is a US political madness forum. Great!

We need a British Political Madness Forum - Why? Because there are lots of politically motivated people from the UK here, and many of them are completely insane right wing nutters. Also, it's hardly fair that the US gets one and we dont.

We need a place where we can expect to see fascist, racist political comments (among others) - so that these comments and their topics can be kept out of mainstream discussion elsewhere.

I'm fed up of seeing any thread relating to British based conspiracies and alternative subjects being derailed by people who hate Muslims etc - somewhere is required for these topics to be discussed and most importantly, contained.

Secondly, in the UK we are entering the most interesting and divisive phase of politics our country has seen since fall of King Charles II. We could do with somewhere to thrash these issues out.

PRETTY PLEASE ATS!!!!

Parallex.

Okay my take on this is................We have a different political system to the US. So yes we need you at ATS to create a UK Political forum

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Parallex

So basically what your saying is that any posts YOU find "bigoted" or what have you should be consigned to a dustbin and only topics YOU deem worthy are to be discussed?

It is apparent in some of these "muslim bashing" discussions that you are as bigoted as those who you deride, resorting to personal insults and trying to shut down arguments and debate with accusations of bigotry, racism or just plain abuse.

I wasn't going to bite on the premise of your OP, as I would like some focus on UK politics and commented on that, but it would seem your only interest is to have "unsavoury" topics you don't like filtered out and only those which you like to discuss remaining in some "serious" political forum.

Ironically, that is as biggotted and fascist as those who you seek to silence. Much like the actions of UAF you seem to be in love with.

I like irony...

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

I just want to understand our (UK) politics on a single forum ...WHO SAY'S YES?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Yes ! by God man! they have two presidents and for a little while they had 3! these people need a poliical madness thread! they need all the help they can get. I've even heard rumors that they still have a queen?? don't think I believe that one though, I think it was started by the birthers.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Wondering

Presidents? We have never had one

We have 1 PM and a Deputy PM. Until they did their deal, we had 1 PM who disposed of the deputy position when he took power in 2007.

And yes, we have a Queen.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by Just Wondering

And yes, we have a Queen.

In government, there's quite a few

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

So basically what your saying is that any posts YOU find "bigoted" or what have you should be consigned to a dustbin and only topics YOU deem worthy are to be discussed?

Thanks for the ad hominem attack there. I've reported your post - lets see if the admins come and delete your silliness.

Parallex.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

You don't like me, because I know who you are, and where you're from, and what you've done. I've even met you - you just don't know it.

Can we please leave our personal differences out of this topic and focus on the task at hand? It's a legit subject, and one that deserves proper discussion, free from racist comments about Muslims.

Parallex.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
There already is:

Here

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

That's REGIONAL POLITICS my dear friend. Not British Political Madness.

We have a big problem in British politics in that there is a certain crazy minority that harbour nasty little facist racist views about Muslims and various other subjects. I'd love for them to be able to air their views in a safe and sensible environment. Therefore we need somewhere for them, and other 'divisive' topics to be discussed and quarantined in. That way we could dry up the gamut of disgusting behaviour on other threads by directing them to this particular forum.

If I'm not mistaken, the US Political Madness forum was set up for precisely this sort of thing for the American users....we British need a place to do the same.

Parallex.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Sounds like a good idea. I am not really bothered about the racists as they are easily squashed anyway. I am against censorship.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by Tiger5]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

A prime example of your thinking. Someone disagrees with you and you try to have them silenced! In every thread I have seen you comment in, this is your style. Either people agree with you, or they're a bigot/racist.

And if you know who I am and where I am from etc, go on then, come out with it! I have nothing to hide.

Nice try at deflecting my criticism of your thinking, but it does seem from what you have written that your desire to have a UK Political Madness forum is solely down to a desire to have dissenting views to your own moved to the sidelines.

Now, you can try and paint me as a racist, or even a bigot, but I'd like you to actually prove such claims. As I've said before, I don't like to trot out the cliched line of "I have black friends" as I have nothing to defend and I know I am not a racist.

But one guy I work with is from Ghana and has exactly the same feelings about the way our country has gone with the PC drivel and bending over backwards for minorities at the expense of British culture. I am sure though that you'd brand him a racist and a bigot as well.

If you actually wanted a British political forum to discuss British politcis, that's one thing, but it is clear from your posts that you desire to have a "madness" forum specifically so that you can then "report" any topic that you disagree with and have it sidelined.

Again, ironic considering your "anti-fascist" stance.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Clearly, you don't seem to be able to discuss this topic without attacking me. You troll every thread I get involved in relating to British subjects.

Please, for the love of jeebus, discuss the topic, and NOT me or my beliefs. Can you not leave a guy alone?

Parallex.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

....and that was me being facetious.

None the less, good luck in your "campaign" pun intended

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t

....and that was me being facetious.

None the less, good luck in your "campaign" pun intended

Oooooh Matron!

Parallex.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Troll? Hardly..

I've commented on the topic and yet you come in and make claims that you want any "right-wing" or "muslim bashing" or whatever flavour of post you disagree with consigned to some sort of dustbin called "political madness". Firstly, who decides what is what? What are the criteria? Seems like a can of worms to me.

I disagree with this, am I not allowed? Providing no-one is being insulting or racist (and I never am, I challenge you to find a post of mine that is) then all political topics should be treated the same.

Why do you feel that some topics should be relegated?

Oh, I thought you said you knew all about me? C'mon, spit it out. Seems that that comment you made is an attempt to smear me, but yet you have nothing to actually back it up?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I disagree with this, am I not allowed? Providing no-one is being insulting or racist (and I never am, I challenge you to find a post of mine that is) then all political topics should be treated the same.

"Stuart", I'm not going to get drawn into an argument with you - you're trolling this thread. Toddle off back to the BDF. I've asked you nicely to please stop trolling, and to leave me alone on here - yet you persist. Not very nice of you at all.

Parallex.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Actually, I've asked you some pertenent questions with regards to your plan to have certain topics hived off away from others, yet you decline to answer and claim I am trolling. So now asking questions is trolling?

Who would decide what topic is "political madness"? What would the criteria be?

Your OP is clear, you want topics you find "distateful" removed from sight and away from "serious" discussion, such as immigration. Why?

And calling me "Stuart" is hardly knowing me, is it? Any brain dead chimp could have figured out my name for crying out loud. Where do I live? Where do I work? How many dogs do I have? Do I have kids?

So I say again, your attempt earlier to pretend to know me was part of a larger effort to paint me as someone not worthy of listening too, simply because I disagree with you.

You do this in every thread and it is you that is incapable of adult debate.

Part of debating is listening to opposite views and talking about them, you don't do this. If someone disagrees with you, you will call them bigots, or racists or simply stamp your feet and call for the mods. Why?

EDIT: And what the hell is the BDF?

[edit on 14/5/10 by stumason]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Goodnight "Stuart". If you want to talk more, U2U me with your contact details, and we can talk then and resolve our differences rather than bicker like children.

Parallex.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join