It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we have a 'British' Political Madness forum?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
There is a US political madness forum. Great!

We need a British Political Madness Forum - Why? Because there are lots of politically motivated people from the UK here, and many of them are completely insane right wing nutters. Also, it's hardly fair that the US gets one and we dont.

We need a place where we can expect to see fascist, racist political comments (among others) - so that these comments and their topics can be kept out of mainstream discussion elsewhere.

I'm fed up of seeing any thread relating to British based conspiracies and alternative subjects being derailed by people who hate Muslims etc - somewhere is required for these topics to be discussed and most importantly, contained.

Secondly, in the UK we are entering the most interesting and divisive phase of politics our country has seen since fall of King Charles II. We could do with somewhere to thrash these issues out.

PRETTY PLEASE ATS!!!!

Parallex.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I think just a 'political madness' forum, rather than specifically for a country. But no, not one where we "expect to see" racist comments - there should be no such thing anywhere on the site.

EDIT: Also, you can probably expect this thread to be closed as fast as the muslim moderator one.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by ShadowArcher]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowArcher

I hear you ShadowArcher.

I agree - the political madness forum should not be restricted by nation. But don't we have an AbovePolitics forum already? Help oh glorious site architects - the matrix is not making sense!!!

I also agree with you on the racist comment point - but I've seen (and reported) so many now that haven't been acted on, I think what's the point? There has to be an alternative way to 'house' these topics.

Parallex.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
No. US political madness is not substantially different from UK/EU political madness. Instead we should rename "US political madness" forum to "political madness".

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
What political madness. Our system is fair and beyond reproach. I see no problems here. Noooooo the problems will only begin now that we have a government again. Gordon Brown packing away is things and David Cameron unpacking the crystal, oh its a site to be beheld. Laying quietly in the corner snoozing in his dog bed Nick the dog watching the events unfold.

I tell you, now watch the house prices tumble as money gets sifted here there and everywhere and the banks need a letter from god to give you a mortgage. LOL - wooopi cant wait.

And I heard a whisper of an emergency budget in June. LMFAO well thats handy. I and my business need that.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Maybe they could make a "British Politics" and a "US politics" and drop the "madness"; after all, isn't all politics simply madness

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I would much prefer that they bring back the PTS boards so that the political stuff would have its own section again.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Parallex
Secondly, in the UK we are entering the most interesting and divisive phase of politics our country has seen since fall of King Charles II. We could do with somewhere to thrash these issues out.

Charles II did not fall. He died peacefully in his bed, asking forgiveness for being such an unconscionable time a-dying, and begging them not to neglect his poor Nell.

Also, it's a little early to be talking about divisiveness. Our divisions are not yet and probably won't be, more divisive than they are in other countries.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by DISRAELI]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
yes yes yes please ats we want a uk political madness forum!!

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
No official line on this subject? Come on ATS - A Yay or Nay please.

Parallex.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Maybe ATS could leave it as it is, with only one political madness forum, but to draw distinctions, perhaps they could give us flag icons to use in the headline of the thread. That way you would have a visual cue as to which government we were going to be trashing in that particular thread. It would also be more fair to people from other countries, rather than make a bunch of forums for everyone.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Parallex

Can we have a 'British' Political Madness forum?

Wouldn't that be redundant?

Just kidding!

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Hehe, your humour is welcome.

I think British political madness is catching... like a horrible plague...

Parallex.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

OK I am nuts. Do you like your PM?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Hmm. Your country isn't even recognizable as the once great power it was anymore thanks to labor.

And you want more of the same?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Apparently we're not "big" enough to warrant our own Forum...

This came up before and we were told that the "Regional politics" forum was perfectly suitable for discussing our "little" country's affairs.

I added the "big" and "little" myself

The problem is once you give an inch, people will take a mile.

If they create a "UK politics" forum, then then would have to have an "Aussie" and "Canadian" and "Irish" and "Spanish" and every other country's politics forum.

It is annoying that only the USA gets their own forum but then this site is predominantly American and is mainly geared towards Americans.... We're just guests here man.

I understand that they can't have all the different forums for every country, but it is a bit of a piss take to have a whole forum dedicated to "American Politics" and nobody else gets a look in.

Why can't there just be the Politics forum?

Why does America get their own but nobody else does?

[edit on 14/5/10 by blupblup]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
Why does America get their own but nobody else does?

C'mon Blup, do you really need someone to answer that question?

There is a significant minority from the UK here. If I remember rightly from the last survey we're the second largest group after the Yanks.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

And as such, we should really have a sub forum for serious political discussion, possibly in the regional politcs forum.

I support this (not necessarily for the reasons posted in the OP) and would like it to happen.

Sadly, it probably won't.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Well it was more of a rhetorical question really.

I think we are No.2 yes, so I think we should have a forum.... but I understand why they would probably think it would be opening Pandora's box, so to speak.

However.... I don't know why all politics can't be in one politics forum.

People wouldn't (constantly) ask for a UK forum if there wasn't a US one... and there needn't be either, just have one politics forum, it's simple.
But by allowing one and saying others don't warrant or deserve one, is pretty strange really.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Remember "Above Politics"?

It was merged because no-one bothered posting in there.

And whilst there's a few of us who would post, for the most part people are just blowing hot air and wanting something for the sake of it.

If there were even 50 posters who would contribute on a semi-regular basis, it would work, but as ever most people are just wanting it for the sake of it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join