It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Suns?! Reports flooding in from around the globe!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I have noticed this too, especially on more cloudy-ish days. The sun seems to have more of an oval-ish glow in an oval sized area. I live in Clarksville, MD, about 10 miles from BWI. Next time i see something like this, i'll take photos and post them here...

+9 more 
posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
This is silly. You cannot be serious. You have just shown me a picture of the sun shining through clouds. Not two suns. Thats one sun shining through 2 holes in the cloud. Dont be so paranoid. There are no chemtrails, there is no Nibiru. Where does this second sun go on a clear day? Does it just show up when it wants to....

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89
I have noticed this too, especially on more cloudy-ish days. The sun seems to have more of an oval-ish glow in an oval sized area. I live in Clarksville, MD, about 10 miles from BWI. Next time i see something like this, i'll take photos and post them here...

I have noticed this as well! ALL my life I have seen the sun, it was a SPHERE, even through clouds. Recently, I have seen it unusually oblong. I already have photos and will post them here. Is it something behind/in front of/near the sun?! The sun has reported moved position in the sky as people are reporting this as well!

Photos inverted to show oblong sun:

[edit on 12-5-2010 by 1990teg4dr]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pryde87
This is silly. You cannot be serious. You have just shown me a picture of the sun shining through clouds. Not two suns. Thats one sun shining through 2 holes in the cloud. Dont be so paranoid. There are no chemtrails, there is no Nibiru. Where does this second sun go on a clear day? Does it just show up when it wants to....

I would be willing to say that you didn't even bother to examine closely... No chemtrails, eh? No Nibiru.... Smells like... I am not paranoid. Judgment on me without actually knowing me doesn't fly over the net. Thanks for your opinion, though.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1990teg4dr

Your photos show an oblong hole in the clouds.

Show me a single photo of two suns on a clear day or a single report of two suns on a clear day by a meteorologist and I'll eat my laptop.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Where does this second sun go on a clear day? Does it just show up when it wants to....

Think of it as an eclipse... We spin, it spins, all objects are moving. You can only see it on certain days! Are you so ignorant to believe we stand still?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by 1990teg4dr

There's no need to take that attitude i think if there was two Suns we would know but the fact is there is just one.

I am entitled to my opinion as you are im not saying wormwood or whatever name is given to it dose not exist because i do not know but i know these pictures is not for two Suns like i said that is just my opinion so do not bash me.

Keith

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
This discovery fits perfectly with my belief

Humor me

The story of the Son as told in the Bible relates to the Sun - as the celebration of Easter is actually a metaphoric re-telling of the celebration of the Eastre equinox when the Sun brings life back to the planet

Hence our God is Ra - the Sun and the Light

if every action creates an equal opposite reaction than everything must have an opposite made of the negative elements?!

Hence the Sun of Light has an opposite which is the Sun of No Light - Or the Sun of Darkness

The two co-exist in harmony as move in opposite directions throughout our universe until such time when they try and occupy the space at the very centre (think tic-tac-toe)

The date when this occurs is at the end of the long count calender - hence my belief is that the final battle between the Son of Light and The Son iof Darkness is a metaphor re the battle between the Sun of Light and the Sun Of Darkness for the matter at the centre of our galaxy

If I am correct this may lead to an Ice Age?

Please feel free to use science or logic to debunk my theory - i will happily be proven wrong with rationale argument - just please do not use the literal word of god as written by the great deceivers in order to manipulate us

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I personally do not think there is 2 suns.

but last year when it was clear and sunny at night i saw a yellow sun shaped object in the sky but it disappeared by the time I got up the hill and saw it again some other time (that's weird) it did look like a night sun very strange

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Where does this second sun go on a clear day? Does it just show up when it wants to....

Think of it as an eclipse... We spin, it spins, all objects are moving. You can only see it on certain days! Are you so ignorant to believe we stand still?

Why havent I seen it yet? The sun is basically up 24\7 here in northern Norway now as the summer is fast approaching. I find it very strange that the twin only come out to play behind a cloud coverage.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
It seems that each of these pictures includes clouds between you and the sun. Have you been able to capture these pictures with a clear sky and no cloud cover?

I am guessing no, and I have my reasons why you are seeing these things. It is called refraction.

Refraction is what happens to light when it encounters other mediums than a vacuum (or air). Refraction bends light and makes it look like objects are appearing where they really are not. This is simple if you have ever looked underwater in a pool or a lake of some sort, and realized that objects are not exactly where they appear to be. This is due to the light, as it enters the water, bending the light. This is all governed by whats called Snell's Law. It turns out that light has a refraction index of 1.33, and air has a refraction of a little more than 1 (a vacuum has an index of exactly 1).

What you are seeing is the suns light refracting in the clouds, which are made up of water. The thicker the clouds the more apparent the refraction will be.

I dare you to show pictures on a clear day. It just won't happen because there will be no refraction of the light occurring.

Now I understand that I will be called a "skeptic" and someone who is just trying to debunk, but come on, once you learn these things, and you do the experiments, it just becomes well, obvious. But yet I guarantee I will be called a dis-info agent, or that I've been conditioned, or that science has blinded me, or [insert standard rebuttal here]. But I care not.

I know I am probably not going to change your mind, as you and what seems everyone else on this board, are set in there ways and nothing is going to convince these people otherwise.

However, it is my duty as a member of this board to Deny Ignorance.

Physics is fun!

[edit on 12-5-2010 by xmaddness]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I am not sure OP if this is the Nemisis but if many look up into the sky @night and look for the TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE STARS you may have better luck because I see them changing colors as they twinkle, lol WHO MADE THAT SONG ANYONE KNOW??? flag for your efforts OP.

[edit on 5/12/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

+2 more 
posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Far as I am concerned when anyone mentions believing in "chemtrails" their credibility with me goes directly out the window.

For heaven's sake, there are a lot of aircraft in the skies and they leave exhaust trails in the extremely cold high altitudes. It's just exhaust gases from jet engines.

By the way... where are these "reports coming in from all over the world"?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman

Your photos show an oblong hole in the clouds.

Show me a single photo of two suns on a clear day or a single report of two suns on a clear day by a meteorologist and I'll eat my laptop.

I have clear originals of the OBLONG sun with no clouds making it appear that way...

How's that laptop taste?!

[edit on 12-5-2010 by 1990teg4dr]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by expat2368

By the way... where are these "reports coming in from all over the world"?

From the internet, through such avenues as blog posts, or youtube... Images, video, etc... Keep believing there are no chemtrails. The conditioning has done it's job on you. Thanks

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
many planets have 2 suns

[edit on 12-5-2010 by prettygreeneyes26]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by xmaddness
It is called refraction.

Refraction is what happens to light when it encounters other mediums than a vacuum (or air). Refraction bends light and makes it look like objects are appearing where they really are not. This is simple if you have ever looked underwater in a pool or a lake of some sort, and realized that objects are not exactly where they appear to be. This is do to the light, as it enters the water, bending the light. This is all governed by whats called Snell's Law. It turns out that light has a refraction index of 1.33, and air has a refraction of a little more than 1 (a vacuum has an index of exactly 1).

What you are seeing is the suns light refracting in the clouds, which are made up of water. The thicker the clouds the more apparent the refraction will be.

I dare you to show pictures on a clear day. It just won't happen because there will be no refraction of the light occurring.

Now I understand that I will be called a "skeptic" and someone who is just trying to debunk, but come on, once you learn these things, and you do the experiments, it just becomes well, obvious.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by xmaddness]

This is refraction... What I have shown is NOT refraction, thank you.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by prettygreeneyes26
many planets have 2 suns

[edit on 12-5-2010 by prettygreeneyes26]

The proper term would be "binary system" I believe.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by 1990teg4dr

Is that considered a clear sky where you are from?! It seems like its lots of smog...

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gromle

Why havent I seen it yet? The sun is basically up 24\7 here in northern Norway now as the summer is fast approaching. I find it very strange that the twin only come out to play behind a cloud coverage.

Please REREAD the thread for the explanation as to why you cannot see this 24/7. Thanks

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join