It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOlogy: An Inconvenient Timeline (for TPTB)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

What exactly does that have to do with aliens? You haven't told us how any of this relates to aliens. You're simply taking events within an ambiguous time-frame and attributing it to aliens, without any explanation whatsoever, as if the timeline is explanation enough. Are you familiar with the concept of illusionary correlation?

And just how is this time "inconvenient" for the mythical PTB?

edit on 10-10-2010 by DoomsdayRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

Well, the short version is simply... Technology. Our inability to explain some of it (still), or better explain its history/origins. Specifically, and to quote myself from another thread...

I want someone, just once, to explain the 10s of 1000s of reports, by credible (many times, technical) witnesses, that describe objects that perform maneuvers and speeds absolutely impossible to achieve with current technology or human capability/sustainability.

I understand that our government's technological capabilities FAR exceed what is available to the general public, as has always been the case, but these reports have been going on for centuries - we've only recently been able to describe - in quantifiable terms - what was actually being done by these objects.

But, our 'commercial' technology (for lack of a better term) is usually realtively close behind military innovation. These objects have been around forever, and we still cannot immulate.

Either that, OR, our government is much further ahead than we would like to believe, thereby implying that such earth/civilization saving technologies like free/renewable energy are long past discovered and being withheld from humanity (being that they've apparently learned how to manipulate gravity(anti)).

Can't have it both ways.

edit on 10/20/2010 by SquirrelNutz because: added example video

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

Then, consider all of the other discussions we have on this board and read, this thread (not just the opening post (it's short, but skip to this one, if you must)).

The makings of a best seller.
edit on 10/20/2010 by SquirrelNutz because: fixed links

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
You haven't really answered the question. You made a statement of your beliefs. That is all well and good, but what is the connection between events on our timeline other than they happen within an arbitrary number of years?

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I apologize, I thought it was pretty common knowledge that many have speculated that Nazi scientists were the first to work with supposed alien technology. And, I'm talking much deeper than The Glock* (Bell). And then post WWII (and post Operation Paperclip), all of a sudden UFO activity in the United States and our military's capabilities pick WAY up. (thought we also said that a few pages back)

There's good reason why the 3rd Reich thought they would eventually rule the planet. They had technology on their side. Whoever has the best scientists and technology, has the best military; whoever has the best military, rules the world (look at the US, now (and, ever since... WWII)). Thank goodness the old diamond in the rough for the US was Oppenheimer, that changed the game. From then on, the US has been the big boy on the block.

And, why is it, that it's American authorities that are involved of many/most UFO crash retrievals? (in other countries) - check out The Covert World of UFO Crash Retrievals

*And, the evidence for the Nazi 'Bell' goes beyond the supposed 'restraining tower' that we all now recognize to be a water tower stand. I've also seen compelling arguments that the Nazi's (or something in collaboration with) made it to the moon 25 years before us (looky there... 1944) - There's always the possibility that the 'apparent' defeat of Germany was a screen. The Axis fell to the Allies, but suppose that the Nazi regime carried on in S. America and Antarctica. After the war, many German scientists wound up working for Uncle Sam and the Space program...but not all of them. Question...are all the Nazis gone?

edit on 10/21/2010 by SquirrelNutz because: added rather large footnote

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz
The timing of all of these can't all JUST be 'coincidence', can it(?):

The Battle of Los Angeles - February 1942 - the first mass UFO sighting in America, on record
[it even aired on CBS Radio and Television]

Operation Paperclip - May 1945 thru March 1946 - the recruitment and absorption of almost 2,000 Nazi scientists and technicians, but more importantly the denial of their expertise and research to other 'non allied forces'.

Roswell UFO Incident - July 1947 - arguably THE most famous UFO/alien case in the world, or at the very least, our nation's history - strange timing considering all the work/resources that just became available to the U.S., no?

But, here's where it gets real interesting...

National Security Act
Inception of both the US Air Force and Central Intelligence Agency - September 1947

Then, as if a direct slap in the face to ALL of these efforts was the (also) highly publicized and mass-witnessed, Washington DC UFO Incident in July 1952 [unedited video footage]

SO....

Either, the Powers that Be (governmental, military, secretive) quietly - and suddenly - acknowledged that 'strange things are afoot at the Circle K' or were directly responsible for said 'strange things' - take your pick - it's one or the other.

It's a compelling time frame and not too many folks are familiar with the sudden and curious founding of the commercial titanium industry in late 1948.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

And, why is it, that it's American authorities that are involved of many/most UFO crash retrievals or sightings? (in other countries) - check out The Covert World of UFO Crash Retrievals

Why is the US the ultimate authority, it seems?

To see what I'm talking about, and point you to a thread that you've already taken an interest in (posted multiple times), check out Peruvian Air Force pilot shoots at UFO.

Here's what I'm talking about...

edit on 10/21/2010 by SquirrelNutz because: spelling / grammar

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by UFO Partisan

The timing of all of these can't all JUST be 'coincidence', can it(?):

The Battle of Los Angeles - February 1942 - the first mass UFO sighting in America, on record
[it even aired on CBS Radio and Television]

Appreciate the input, UFO Partisan. I see that you quote the first post of this thread. Make sure to peruse the rest of my post IN the thread, there are many more connections and weird group creations during this 10 year period when aliens/UFO become a prominent fisture in American culture.

[Also, what happened DoomsdayRex?]

Operation Paperclip - May 1945 thru March 1946 - the recruitment and absorption of almost 2,000 Nazi scientists and technicians, but more importantly the denial of their expertise and research to other 'non allied forces'.

Roswell UFO Incident - July 1947 - arguably THE most famous UFO/alien case in the world, or at the very least, our nation's history - strange timing considering all the work/resources that just became available to the U.S., no?

But, here's where it gets real interesting...

National Security Act
Inception of both the US Air Force and Central Intelligence Agency - September 1947

Then, as if a direct slap in the face to ALL of these efforts was the (also) highly publicized and mass-witnessed, Washington DC UFO Incident in July 1952 [unedited video footage]

SO....

Either, the Powers that Be (governmental, military, secretive) quietly - and suddenly - acknowledged that 'strange things are afoot at the Circle K' or were directly responsible for said 'strange things' - take your pick - it's one or the other.

It's a compelling time frame and not too many folks are familiar with the sudden and curious founding of the commercial titanium industry in late 1948.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Yeah, good point. I see that you quoted the first post of this thread. Make sure to peruse the rest of it, as I've (and others have) added more interesting group creations and anomolies that appear in this short 10-year, post-WWII, a timeframe where aliens/UFOs become a prominent fixture in American culture.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Turiddu

I must ask you this. How do you know that everything on the wikipedia you linked is the truth? Reason I ask is when any joe blow can go on and edit the page what is the real truth and what is added on by someone that just wants to write their own feeling on the subject. So saying just because wikipedia says something does not mean it is what really happened. Don't think I am saying you are wrong,because I am not. What I am saying is that it becomes hard to still believe much that wikipedia has on it when they have the edit button for anyone to use. Yes you do have a point that is valid about some of these things and that is the way this site should work. What I am saying and this is just my opinion and I am not trying to push it on anyone else. but to use wikipedia as a sole source for info just makes it hard to believe what is true or what is not true. Other than that you have made this a very interesting take on this thread.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Yeah, good point. I see that you quoted the first post of this thread. Make sure to peruse the rest of it, as I've (and others have) added more interesting group creations and anomolies that appear in this short 10-year, post-WWII, a timeframe where aliens/UFOs become a prominent fixture in American culture.

It's a great thread. One huge event you might want to consider is Edwin Hubbel's discovery of entire galaxies outside our own in 1925.

Just 20 years before the huge events you cover in this thread, people thought our Milky Way galaxy was it. How wrong they were, and "they" included the astronomical establishment of the day. It was an epochal leap forward in our understanding of the universe, probably the greatest since Copernicus figured out the heliocentric nature of our solar system.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by UFO Partisan

Here's something funny, to add over here regarding 'The Ant Anaology' (dicsussed more, over here)...

The reason why aliens would find an interest in us, and NOT be hostile to us as Hawking and other theoretical physicists have feared, is because they ARE us - as I kind of alluded to in the OP (of that thread, above).

Most people acknowledge that if life exists here, it probably does elsewhere in the universe (yes, even Catholics & Christians, now) - but most scientists agree that it is highly improbable that we would ever make contact with such life simply because the vastness between us and another communicable civilization, and the unlikelihood that we would even be detected as we've only been emitting radio waves for such a short time (relatively speaking) that the odds of another intelligent lifeform detecting us would be astronomically (pun intended) small.

Unless...

Ancient Astronaut theory is correct, the aliens already know where we are, 'cause they seeded us here to begin with. This seems the most plausible situation, given other unexplanable occurrences on this planet: Cambrian Explosion, lack of fossil evidence for evolution, the fact that most religions speak of fantastic events and 'gods' that could easily be explained away by advance civilization visitation.

And, this goes back to my other theories, linked below, about how all other (major) CTs discussed here...support and/or provide evidence for either or both of the following:

1) The existence of advanced civilizations and either the preventing of, or the preparing for, Disclosure.

- and/or -

2) The fact that the world does 'reset' itself, periodically - thru (historically / scientifically verifiable) global cataclysm - and, we are on the precipice of such a reset, currently.

[Ooh, this belongs in another thread, too]
edit on 10/26/2010 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Yes, I'm replying to myself. This is amazing: I typed that post above, prior to watching this week's episode of The Event - check out this speech by the journalist at the 29:00 mark
: www.hulu.com...-p1-so-i0

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

It is no coincidence. Everything is a direct result of what preceded. This is not directed at you OP (not at all) but, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out.

I always thought the inception of the CIA was interesting timing myself.

Great thread!

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

It was the one time in over centuries that the reptillien race traveled from the sea,littlerly those times was the greatest times to see and listen to what was said about that time era of ufo sightings..mainly reptillien and there water crafts and probes..
u cant imagine the vibrations that filled the earth at that time,u all scared the out of them.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Unless...

Ancient Astronaut theory is correct, the aliens already know where we are, 'cause they seeded us here to begin with. This seems the most plausible situation, given other unexplanable occurrences on this planet: Cambrian Explosion, lack of fossil evidence for evolution, the fact that most religions speak of fantastic events and 'gods' that could easily be explained away by advance civilization visitation.

Panspermia is an ancient hypothesis, first developed by a Greek five centuries BC.

It's had some high profile supporters over the years, including directed panspermia, which would be alien seeding. Plain old panspermia would be a natural process. Francis Crick, who discovered DNA, thought it was the only answer for life on Earth for awhile, put pulled back from that as more discoveries regarding RNA came about. I wrote about Linus Pauling, the 2-time Nobel winner's serious consideration of both versions of panspermia.

We'll never know for sure unless contact is made at some point and the aliens fess up.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

UFO activity...
Creation of special Government Orgs...
Technological advances skyrocket exponentially...

ALL starting around the same time. (a little coincidental)

[that wasn't obvious?]

I have to agree with MMN. This theory has been discussed and debated (and dismissed) ad nauseum. What is the point of rehashing it? What does this thread add?

And, where'd Doomsday Rex go? He never responded to this, a few pages back. And, hasn't chimed in since I answered his last few, above.

I'm putting together a HUGE thread, now - tying everything together ("We are Aliens - Aliens are Us", the answer is so obvious)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

UFO activity...
Creation of special Government Orgs...
Technological advances skyrocket exponentially...

ALL starting around the same time. (a little coincidental)

[that wasn't obvious?]

I have to agree with MMN. This theory has been discussed and debated (and dismissed) ad nauseum. What is the point of rehashing it? What does this thread add?

Sorry, to which I had answered...

"Really? I searched for a thread that made this conjecture. I found none.

Please point me to it - thanks in advance. "

I never found another thread, much less threadS, where this topic had been discussed 'ad nauseum'. I'm not being a smartass, I genuinely want to see other viewpoints on this. Particularly, the ones that successfully 'dismissed' them.
edit on 10/27/2010 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Didn't I see something about Northrop Grumman building a copy of a WWII era German stealth fighter? They proved that it really could fly and would have out-classed everything the Allies had in the air at the time.

Some suggest that the Nazi's had alien technology and that shipped over to the states following. It seems to me that they were just that far ahead of everyone else. Anyway this stealth fighter looked like a prototype for the B2 bomber.

I can imagine the post war mania and the urge to build better weapons, secure the nation etc. In a way we can see the results of that in the way the US behaves in the world.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
With all the von Braun saucers flying around in the 1950s something had to be done
and that seems to have been Roswell to MJ12 and all the rest of the hosing we get
from tptb.

Invisible electrical forces like static or more appropriate electropulsion that is akin to
powerful radio acting in one direction of force in space.

Space itself is being used to extract great moving ability only devised by Tesla.
The PTB are now stuck with his ship as far as I can tell all because the never gave
Tesla a chance.

So don't give tptb any more chances with their made up stories.
Give them what for until we get the Tesla solution.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join