It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOlogy: An Inconvenient Timeline (for TPTB)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
UFO activity...
Creation of special Government Orgs...
Technological advances skyrocket exponentially...

ALL starting around the same time. (a little coincidental)

[that wasn't obvious?]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Its 100% true that the appearance of UFOs coincides with World War II - not sure what that means though.

I'm sorry but that statement is 0% true.

Generally sightings increased after WWII not co-inciding with it and there is a great deal of evidence of sightings back to the turn of the century including photographs.

That is aside from the slightly more debateable interpretations of possible sightings that exist in antiquity. I'm not going to link to examples, a quick search of ATS alone will provide numerous.

However it does appear that after the war and certainly post '47 sightings seemed to be taken seriously by govt agencies and even the media, up to maybe the mid 50's anyway for the media.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz
UFO activity...
[that wasn't obvious?]

SquirrelNutz.....

"...that wasn't obvious?..."

No

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 26-5-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   

UFO activity...

[that wasn't obvious?]

I have to agree with MMN. This theory has been discussed and debated (and dismissed) ad nauseum. What is the point of rehashing it? What does this thread add?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

Really? I searched for a thread that made this conjecture. I found none.

Please point me to it - thanks in advance.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
oops - double post

2nd line

[edit on 5/26/2010 by SquirrelNutz]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Its 100% true that the appearance of UFOs coincides with World War II - not sure what that means though.

Some have speculated that UFOs have other-wordly origins and thus our 1st detonation of the A-bomb attracted their curiousity.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Doomsday got it right IMO. The National Security Act had nothing to do with UFOs or Aliens. It was a modernization of our defense organization directly following the biggest war the world had ever known. Cause (war) >>>> Effect (re-org)

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

I am very new here as a member but a longtime fan of this site. I have always thought that thi stimeline was very compelling from the foo fighters of WWII straight on through July 1947 (not discounting historical accounts). I have always believed that the development of atomic warfare and the massive testing it entailed was more than enough to raise a few extraterrestrial eyebrows in the neighborhood.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

Absolutely.

The A-Bomb relies on knowledge of the atomic world. In other worlds, it relies on things which we cannot see in our macro-world. It requires a great deal of faith in our own intelligence/mind.

That is what makes humans special from chimps (and other animals). Animals don't seem have imagination like we do. If they can't see or smell it, then it doesn't exist to them. Even though I can't see or smell the planet Neptune, I know that it exists. That is one of the major differences between us and other animals.

When we detonated the A-Bomb we pretty announced our new understanding of reductionism to the universe. If we are to believe in evolution, you're looking at a paradigm shift in our understanding of reality... a change that is perhaps millions of years in the making (since we split from other hominids). If I was an alien that would certainly grab my attention as something noteworthy.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scramjet76

Doomsday got it right IMO. The National Security Act had nothing to do with UFOs or Aliens. It was a modernization of our defense organization directly following the biggest war the world had ever known. Cause (war) >>>> Effect (re-org)

So, YOU two say. Again, I find it all a matter of convenience.

Anyway... More fodder - same timeline picked up where left off...

The Robertson Panel (1952) was a committee commissioned by the Central Intelligence Agency in response to widespread reports of unidentified flying objects, especially in the Washington, D.C. area. The panel was briefed on U.S. military activities and intelligence; hence the report was originally classified Secret.

Later declassified, the Robertson Panel's report concluded that UFOs were not a direct threat to national security, but could pose an indirect threat by overwhelming standard military communications due to public interest in the subject.

The Robertson Panel concluded that a public relations campaign should be undertaken in order to "debunk" UFOs, and reduce public interest in the subject, and that civilian UFO groups should be monitored.

Also...

“Behind the scenes, high-ranking Air Force officers are soberly concerned about UFOs. But through official secrecy and ridicule, many citizens are led to believe that unknown flying objects are nonsense.”

-Former CIA Director, Roscoe Hillenkoetter, public statement, 1960

[edit on 7/3/2010 by SquirrelNutz]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Additional fodder for the timeline.

Bilderberg Group first created and began meeting in 1954

For those living in a cave...

The Bilderberg Group, Bilderberg conference, or Bilderberg Club is an annual, unofficial, invitation-only conference of around 130 guests, most of whom are people of influence in the fields of politics, banking, business, the military and media. Each conference is closed to the public.

The original conference was held at the Hotel de Bilderberg, near Arnhem in the Netherlands, from 29 May to 31 May 1954.

Source: Wiki

It is no longer up for debate as to whether this group exists, or how high a level its membership goes. The only speculation is what could be so fantastically important that these people get together all at once and dicsuss - you KNOW this subject is on their agenda, if not the entire reason FOR it.

[edit on 8/31/2010 by SquirrelNutz]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
And, still more within the same timeline as above/the others:

It has long been rumored that Pres. Eisenhower met with the Greys and even made treaty with them (which is now, broken, if you've been keeping up with that stuff) - whether or not you think this to be fantasy, is irrelevent - the date of this supposed meeting? You guessed it...February, 1954 - right in line!

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

The only speculation is what could be so fantastically important that these people get together all at once and dicsuss - you KNOW this subject is on their agenda, if not the entire reason FOR it.

What leads you to believe that it is the entire reason for Bilderberg meetings?

The Bilderberg Group was founded in 1954, how far in time are you willing to go to say something was influenced by UFOs in 1947?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

UFO activity...

I agree with a previous commentator that you're leaving a little thing called WORLD WAR II out of the timeline. That might have had a little bit to do with all the things you're talking about, from lots of new experimental aircraft being flown around, to a reorganization of armed forces to deal with the new threats, and so on.

Just like a living organism, technology evolves rapidly under stress (and a massive influx of money). With huge thanks going to the continued warfare of the 20th Century, we went from a pastoral, agricultural society in 1900 to a high-tech, post industrial society in 2000. That's a huge change, and most of it had to do with technological advances pushed ahead by war.

We didn't need alien invaders to get us off and running technologically in the 20th Century. We just needed the Nazis and the Communists.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Despite the Air Force and CIA inception, the other programs and events are very prominent. Thanks for pointing out the significances. Blue Book was just a PR program on behalf of the Air Force imo. It was really the intent to explain away the real phenomena while at the same time studying these objects all along. Hyneck pretty much exposed these facts. The real name of Blue Book/Sign/Grudge should have been project smoke screen

Lets not rock the boat and pay attention THEY do not like it

[edit on 31-8-2010 by theMegaladon]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

What leads you to believe that it is the entire reason for Bilderberg meetings?

Please, note the former "you KNOW this subject is on their agenda" section more than the latter part which should've been parenthesized as an aside.

The Bilderberg Group was founded in 1954, how far in time are you willing to go to say something was influenced by UFOs in 1947?

I would say 10 years is fair. (no matter your religious beliefs, you have to at least acknowledge that humans, in our current form, have been on this planet for thousands of years. I think a mere 10-year period where a bunch of obscure, but seemingly related activities seem to take place, is fair to grant me, don't you?)

Furthermore, I think you better familiarize yourself with Leslie Kean's new book UFOs: Generals, Pilots, and Government Officials Go On Record, because you're going to be hearing a lot about it.
[Official Linkage]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

you're leaving a little thing called WORLD WAR II out of the timeline.

Not at all. THAT is the start of my timeline, basically - the important link in my timeline is all of the scientists (THOUSANDS) that were yanked from Germany after WW II, and all of a sudden our science & technology advances immediately and dramatically accelerate, and all of a sudden Germany's efforts completely vanish. The WW II connection is very much in play.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

S&F'd just for exploring some ideas about the Nazi regime that would be considered 'taboo' today, even here on ATS.
I personally find the Haunebu designs/'craft' to be one of the more interesting and telling subjects in the Ufology world.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Oops, I clicked on reply by accident, but I will say it's obvious these agencies were created for national security and UFO's were being evaluated as a threat.Does anyone know if the same names pop up in attendance at the creation of these agencies?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join