It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOlogy: An Inconvenient Timeline (for TPTB)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
The timing of all of these can't all JUST be 'coincidence', can it(?):

The Battle of Los Angeles - February 1942 - the first mass UFO sighting in America, on record
[it even aired on CBS Radio and Television]

Operation Paperclip - May 1945 thru March 1946 - the recruitment and absorption of almost 2,000 Nazi scientists and technicians, but more importantly the denial of their expertise and research to other 'non allied forces'.

Roswell UFO Incident - July 1947 - arguably THE most famous UFO/alien case in the world, or at the very least, our nation's history - strange timing considering all the work/resources that just became available to the U.S., no?

But, here's where it gets real interesting...

National Security Act established in July 1947 - supposedly (and certainly, partially) in response to the aftermath of World War II.

Inception of both the US Air Force and Central Intelligence Agency - September 1947

Majestic 12 - September 1947 - purported code name of a secret committee of scientists, military leaders, and government officials, formed by an executive order of U.S. President Harry S Truman, whose purpose was to investigate UFO activity.

Project Sign late 1947 --which became--> Project Grudge in 1949 --which became--> Project Bluebook in 1952 - which had 2 goals:
1. to determine if UFOs were a threat to national security, and
2. to scientifically analyze UFO-related data.

Then, as if a direct slap in the face to ALL of these efforts was the (also) highly publicized and mass-witnessed, Washington DC UFO Incident in July 1952 [unedited video footage]

SO....

Either, the Powers that Be (governmental, military, secretive) quietly - and suddenly - acknowledged that 'strange things are afoot at the Circle K' or were directly responsible for said 'strange things' - take your pick - it's one or the other.

Thoughts? Other agencies, events, timeframes that should be included here?

[edit on 5/12/2010 by SquirrelNutz]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Good stuff there, S&F.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

cool info, but your link to the DC ufos got Rick Rolled.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Its 100% true that the appearance of UFOs coincides with World War II - not sure what that means though.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

cool info, but your link to the DC ufos got Rick Rolled.

THAT. Is hilarious.

I had 42 videos to choose from, and I ended up selecting that one! [fixed]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz
National Security Act established in July 1947 - supposedly (and certainly, partially) in response to the aftermath of World War II.

Inception of both the US Air Force and Central Intelligence Agency - September 1947

You are looking at history in a vacuum. The National Security Act, the formal acknowledgement of the Air Force as a separate branch of the military and the formation of the CIA did not happen overnight (or in matter of two to three weeks, as it were). The reorganization of the national security apparatuses began in 1945 (source), and was first proposed in 1943 (source). The concept similar to the CIA was proposed by William Donovan in 1944. In 1945, James Forrestal proposed a Central Intelligence Agency. In 1946, President Truman established the Central Intelligence Group. The National Security Act of 1947 was a formal recognition and authorization of the organization by Congress.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

nowadays, those DCUFOs would be summarily dismissed as chinese lanterns

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Its 100% true that the appearance of UFOs coincides with World War II - not sure what that means though.
There are a lot of things written alleging that Germany built fantastic aircraft during WWII that were decades ahead anything the Allies had at that point.

There are stories of a 'bell-shaped' aircraft that used mercury rotated in a toroidal enclosure to overcome the force of gravity. The same technology is allegedly used in our TR3-B black triangles.
A link:
www.google.com... =AFQjCNF69S-Shryhl3zGJe4lmgGAtGWWFg

Okay, I suck at putting links up. Follow the prompt to nazi ufos, it takes you there.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

You are looking at history in a vacuum. The National Security Act, the formal acknowledgement of the Air Force as a separate branch of the military and the formation of the CIA did not happen overnight (or in matter of two to three weeks, as it were). The reorganization of the national security apparatuses began in 1945 (source), and was first proposed in 1943 (source). The concept similar to the CIA was proposed by William Donovan in 1944. In 1945, James Forrestal proposed a Central Intelligence Agency. In 1946, President Truman established the Central Intelligence Group. The National Security Act of 1947 was a formal recognition and authorization of the organization by Congress.

Even if what you're saying is 100% true (and, I believe it is - why wouldn't I - easily verifiable), you do see that even your timeline falls well within the limits of suspicious coincidental events in machine gun fashion, no?

I could easily substitute your info into my OP, and the overall content & underlying msg would not change one iota.

Thanks for your input [*'d]

[edit on 5/12/2010 by SquirrelNutz]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I've always thought that Hitler/Nazis and their far superior capabilities technologically (at that time) should've been looked at with a little more scrutiny:

- Were the Germans selected by an advanced civ (for whatever reason) to be the liaison between them and earthlings?
- Hitler's Aryan obsession may have had to do with creating the perfect race to interact with this (these) advanced civ(s) - after all, mind control experiments at Montauk et al had shown that whatever attributes gave them the heavily sought after blond hair & blue eyes, also made them more susceptible to and capable of mind control exercises.
- Maybe Hitler was trying to accomplish something, via the wrong methods(?): maybe whatever traits were inherent in the typical Jew were not conducive to the advanced civs plans, thus the necessity to eradicate the 'unpure' subjects
- clearly they were experimenting with other advanced technologies like time travel and anti-gravity - this information and direction had to come from SOMEwhere
- It is no wonder that Hitler was confident that 'his race' was superior to everything else on the earth, and with these advanced technologies in his back pocket, there was no reason for him to believe that his army wouldn't eventually conquer the world.

Just spit-balling here.

Bottom line: I think what the Germans were working on back in the 40s, coupled with what projects seemlessly continued here in the U.S. - and ceased in Germany after Op PaperClip - are testament to the fact the SOMEONE was being fed significant, advanced ideas from SOMEWHERE.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   

There people who postulate that Hitler was working with
'Grays', and we got help from more benevolent alien species. Then we supposedly switched our allegiances to the grays after the war when they offered us better technology in trade for humans on whom to conduct experiments.
All a little too far out there to take seriously without any evidence, but all quite possible, too.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

The National Security Act, the formal acknowledgement of the Air Force as a separate branch of the military and the formation of the CIA did not happen overnight

It actually could be said, for the National Reorganization Act of 1946...that it was all in motion...(just as the US reorganizes the military after previous wars)...however, the more radical divisions we see in the National Security Act of 1947 don't seem to be an easy outgrowth of the 1946 Act.... Could it have been a response to a more urgent need? Maybe...maybe not... It is odd though, isn't it, that the people pushing for it are the same folks that fall under suspicion for being part of MJ-12? (which, if true, would mean that they are already aware of the problem as early as '42, so introduction of the idea in '43 would still be in line with this).

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Could be a couple of reasons:

1. Some people were confused with what current military technology looked like and assumed they could be ET craft.

2. There was continuous testing done on new aviation technologies throughout the war, perhaps some of these experiments could have had odd visual effects, etc.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

You are correct....
The National Security Act gave a legal basis to the intelligence community as well as to the position of director of central intelligence an created a CIA under the director. The act signaled a new importance of intelligence in the nascent cold war and also made the intelligence function permanent from the previous US practice of reducing the national security apparatus in peacetime. Truman said that his main concern at that time was organizing all the intellgence being produced by all the agencies. (Lowenthal. Intelligence, From Secrets to Policy)

I dont believe this act has anything to do with Alien & Ufos. It had to do with the creation of the CIA nd DI and legal issues invovled with what all the CIA does.

[edit on May 12th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I could easily substitute your info into my OP, and the overall content & underlying msg would not change one iota.

It does change; you are implying the creation of these bills and entities was influenced by knowledge of aliens, when there is nothing to support that idea. You are making an assumptive leap born from an ignorance and ignoring of history.

This is a common myth in ufology and it is never questioned why aliens would necessitate such changes. Why would the Air Force need to be a formal organization independent from the Army? Why did the Navy fight this formal recognition? Why not keep the OSS functioning,why abolish it, split it's functions among other departments, only to reconstitute it as the CIA? Claiming aliens necessitated this changes makes absolutely no sense; you are trying to shoehorn in causes that are not supported by the facts.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by DoomsdayRex]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

What you are saying is, of course, correct, but clearly we are also coming from different sides of the fence on this one, to start with.

Either way, thanks for the insight, and I certainly do see that side of it - I just thought (and you have to admit), for what we do here at ATS, the timing does make for interesting CT.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Good thread.

Star and Flag

An inconvenient timeline is sure right... especially regarding this thread about a recent statement by former legislator Henry W. McElroy, Jr.:
Former Legislator Makes Statement May 8, 2010 on Un-Released Eisenhower Brief Regarding ET's

He really hits it outta the park in his videotaped statement on record.

Check it out, it deserves a lotta ATS flags.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by beebs

This does seem to jive with reports that Eisenhower met with the greys before a Bohemian Grove meeting which he was undeniably a member.

Did President Eisenhower have a meeting with extraterrestrial ambassadors on the evening of Feb 20, 1954 to discuss the impending test of the largest U.S. hydrogen bomb ever detonated? Rumors have circulated for years that President Eisenhower was secretly whisked away from his family holiday at Palm Springs, California [don't believe it: Bohemian Grove! Hop, skip and jump away] to Edwards Air Force base for a rendezvous with ambassadors from another world. Alleged whistleblowers claiming to have seen photos or documents concerning the meeting, or having actually attended the meeting itself, have over the years surfaced to tell their astounding story. With the passage of time, many have passed away. Some told family members who have revealed what they were told of Eisenhower’s remarkable meeting. February 20, 2009 marks the 55th anniversary of this alleged meeting and the nuclear diplomacy with extraterrestrial visitors that secretly occurred 9 days before the Bravo Hydrogen bomb test on March 1, 1954. Source (also The Examiner)

Also, on Reagan (mentioned as the people he'd like to thank, and fellow Bohemain Grove member)...

Cannot swords be turned to plowshares? Can we and all nations not live in peace? In our obsession with antagonisms of the moment, we often forget how much unites all the members of humanity. Perhaps we need some outside, universal threat to make us recognize this common bond. I occasionally think how quickly our differences worldwide would vanish if we were facing an alien threat from outside this world. And yet, I ask you, is not an alien force already among us? What could be more alien to the universal aspirations of our peoples than war and the threat of war? [Video: speech to U.N.]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
This video is awesome...

www.youtube.com...

[the extra garble at the end seems to be prohibiting me from embedding(?!)]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   

SquirrelNutz.....

Sorry if I'm being a bit thick.....

I'm not sure I understand what you're getting at

Kind regards