It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the government would hide Alien contact...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Ive been going into the "spaced-out thinking deeply about random stuff" zone for a while now, and i came to a conclusion:

If the government is hiding the existence of Alien technology in fear of national security, they are probably rightly doing so.

Why?

Let me explain:

Lets say we flew down to a civilization of monkeys. With our advanced technology and understanding, we where able to teach the monkeys how to talk. Either physically or genetically. We also taught them some basics of civilization and irrigation, farming etc. We did this just to watch them evolve.
Leaving them in their own habitat.

These monkeys pose no threat to us, so we have no reason to fear them. But lets say, one day, one of these monkeys invents a bomb. This monkey takes that bomb and decides to blow up a crowded city of ours. All of the monkeys didnt invade or attack us, but one monkey did. Now, we look back at our plans as a regret. What do we do? In essence, these monkeys are inferior to us and we dont want to risk fighting them later on. So, chances are, we either kill them all or enslave them to the point they cannot use any technology.

Now, flip the switch, and pretend we are the monkeys and Aliens are looking down at us as if we are inferior and pose no threat. Chances are, these aliens know what if we had the capability to attack them, we would pose a huge threat. However, us lacking this ability causes these aliens to be benevolent.

Lets say you are an average conditioned scientist believing that a being cant travel through the far reaches of space. Are you going to work hard studying science to make ends meet? Or are you going to spend your life trying to create a hyper-stellar craft?

Chances are your going to study. However, if the government comes out and says, "Ok, these are the aliens, heres what they look like! Check it out heres the photos..."
Remember, you are a scientist with great understanding of physics and chemistry, would you now reconsider and maybe at the very least make your hobby studying how these craft might fly?

Now imagine how many scientists there are.....
Chances are that eventually one of these scientists would invent something that would at least lead to this kind of technology.

"But wait, how is that a bad thing? We need to free ourselves and use this new energy!" You might say...

Well, your right. But, remember, history repeats itself. Through man-kinds history, we have made inventions that where used for chaos and destruction before we incorporated them into our daily lives.

So maybe the government knows this(but they probably know alot more), and they realize that if a scientist came up with this technology they would threaten not only the existence of these highly intelligent beings, but our own as well. These beings would not want to see us as equals through weapons of war, but rather, after watching what we do to ourselves they would have good reason to be fearful of us having this kind of technology.

Just a thought. Ya, i think too much about this stuff lol.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by demonseed]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I enjoy the way you put this together and there could be something to what you say. Possibly you have even hit the nail squarely on the head but there are so many theories out there that it can feel like it is all a “pick n mix”.

I have another concern though that I have been pondering lately that the reasons we are kept in the dark and treated like mushrooms is that the governments know exactly what the dangers are of an open and full disclosure. I am worried that this involves the extraterrestrial technology specifically and that to allow it into the hands of each and every person on this earth is more or less to hand the keys to something that if abused or “modified” could make a weapon powerful enough to level city or tear open the crust.

One thing we seem to be good at is tinkering and “hacking” (some even live to tinker) so perhaps that is the concern, a real worry with handing out extraterrestrial technology and perhaps the concern lies more with the extraterrestrials rather than our governments and is the reason they are holding off on disclosure. Perhaps they know the first thing out of the guy in the street will be ‘Right welcome to earth and all that, now what do I have to do to get my own ship and how do I use it?”

Our leaders in the know do not know how to keep this extraterrestrial technology tinker proof, the visitors are worried about this too and hence their hesitant dithering on the issue of disclosure?

Just a thought, a suspicion and I hope I am wrong because if I am right, it means there will never be an open disclosure in our lifetime, just careful personal disclosures based on personal levels of maturity and discipline.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Maybe the aliens are hostile.....maybe they are benevolent.

There are only two possiblities.

I dont believe in neutrality. its practically impossible to be neutral about something. You may have a mix of views on a certain subject...but all put together they either end up on one end of the spectrum or the other.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I agree with all these viewpoints. However, I think another point to be made here is the possibility that there could be an international/global event which could force the government(s) or others hand at disclosure.

Now I don't really want to get too deeply into all this talk about 2012 doomsday predictions, but things have been getting pretty bad on a global scale lately in terms of climate, weather, economy & disasters man-made as well as natural. I believe there is certainly something going on over these next couple of years.

All it would take would be one event which could start a chain reaction politically which could put our civilization at risk of extinction or severe damage. The more you research science as in the current status quo or the emerging spiritual/quantum-connection side of things, you realize that there are a great many factors which could negatively impact our race on a grand scale. If this type of event occurred, it could catalyze either an extraterrestrial disclosure from either our governments or by one or more of the interested extraterrestrial groups. As this event could prompt either intervention or a request for intervention by an extraterrestrial race, disclosure becomes a real probability...

This would not necessarily come when we are collectively ready for these truths.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by cjm1968]

[edit on 12-5-2010 by cjm1968]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeJaguar67
I enjoy the way you put this together and there could be something to what you say. Possibly you have even hit the nail squarely on the head but there are so many theories out there that it can feel like it is all a “pick n mix”.

I have another concern though that I have been pondering lately that the reasons we are kept in the dark and treated like mushrooms is that the governments know exactly what the dangers are of an open and full disclosure. I am worried that this involves the extraterrestrial technology specifically and that to allow it into the hands of each and every person on this earth is more or less to hand the keys to something that if abused or “modified” could make a weapon powerful enough to level city or tear open the crust.

One thing we seem to be good at is tinkering and “hacking” (some even live to tinker) so perhaps that is the concern, a real worry with handing out extraterrestrial technology and perhaps the concern lies more with the extraterrestrials rather than our governments and is the reason they are holding off on disclosure. Perhaps they know the first thing out of the guy in the street will be ‘Right welcome to earth and all that, now what do I have to do to get my own ship and how do I use it?”

Our leaders in the know do not know how to keep this extraterrestrial technology tinker proof, the visitors are worried about this too and hence their hesitant dithering on the issue of disclosure?

Just a thought, a suspicion and I hope I am wrong because if I am right, it means there will never be an open disclosure in our lifetime, just careful personal disclosures based on personal levels of maturity and discipline.

Ya i agree with you. Some of us will enjoy the tech but it only takes one of us to go "haha what if i just pressed this button and blew everyone up" and then its all over.

I agree, we are far too immature to deal with this kind of technology. We got assholes all over the world trying to still build nukes, how in the hell would a civilization consider giving us something that could be used to blow up a planet?

Think about nukes. Before we got nuclear energy, we got the atom bomb. That was the first thing we used this new energy source for. So now how in the hell can you trust us with some kind of higher source of energy when we can barely handle a nuke.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
This is a good theory, but I don't think it's the real reason the government would be likely to hide evidence of alien contact with our planet. After all, who would be the people employed by the government most likely to discover this evidence of advanced aliens?.... Scientists and those already in fields related to space exploration.

I think the real reason the government would hide proof of alien civilization from the public is that any alien civilization advanced enough to travel to Earth and observe us would clearly be more advanced and more powerful than any government on our planet. Allowing a citizenry to know about a force more powerful than their government is a bad idea if you want to maintain authority and stability.

Also, something like 80 or 90 per cent of the populace (at least in the United States) is religious. Alien contact would freak many deeply religious people out and perhaps even shatter their faith. What happens when people who use their religion for moral guidance lose that foundation?

Finally, we could see widespread panic and disorder if the public knew aliens were here because most of us would fear them.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I wish more people thought like you. It amazes me how many people cease to comprehend and accept the possibilities of something that could be absoulutely true. I thank you for posting this and letting me gain some insight on how things could be.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Replicator EYD
This is a good theory, but I don't think it's the real reason the government would be likely to hide evidence of alien contact with our planet. After all, who would be the people employed by the government most likely to discover this evidence of advanced aliens?.... Scientists and those already in fields related to space exploration.

I think the real reason the government would hide proof of alien civilization from the public is that any alien civilization advanced enough to travel to Earth and observe us would clearly be more advanced and more powerful than any government on our planet. Allowing a citizenry to know about a force more powerful than their government is a bad idea if you want to maintain authority and stability.

Also, something like 80 or 90 per cent of the populace (at least in the United States) is religious. Alien contact would freak many deeply religious people out and perhaps even shatter their faith. What happens when people who use their religion for moral guidance lose that foundation?

Finally, we could see widespread panic and disorder if the public knew aliens were here because most of us would fear them.

I actually agree with everything you said. However, you have to look at the bigger picture here.

I mean sure, at first people would panic and be scared. But is that really a big deal? Most of us on this forum came to the conclusion that there are probably aliens out there, but you dont see us going crazy and losing hope in life? To us its almost a reassurance of our existence.

Most scientists wouldnt be phased by it either. THey would most likely be overjoyed that we are not alone.

Id like to make a comparison for you to nukes.
Nuclear ENERGy is great. Very little quantities provide multitudes of energy. However, can we let any idiot(north korea, in particular) harness this power? Heck no.

It would be the same with this kind of technology. If there is technology out there to propel a craft the speed of light, imagine what it could do destructively?

Not saying your wrong and im right or anything, just a thought.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by siriusexile
I wish more people thought like you. It amazes me how many people cease to comprehend and accept the possibilities of something that could be absoulutely true. I thank you for posting this and letting me gain some insight on how things could be.

NP

and thank you for reading it through!

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
double post

[edit on 13-5-2010 by demonseed]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by demonseed

The widespread panic and mass fear about an apocalyptic scenario would be quite troublesome because the majority of people aren't as open-minded or cool-headed about these things as the sort of people who would frequent a forum such as this. You'd have whackos out there figuring, "Heck, it's all going down so I might as well go wild!" and the next thing you know you've got financial collapse and logistical chaos at a minimum because there's nobody showing up to work, everyone overdrawing their bank accounts and maxing out their credit cards, etc., and that's just the tip of the proverbial iceberg. What about the assaults, rapes and murders that would break out, or the looting, hoarding and robbing?

If a bunch of people celebrating a victory in a hockey game can cause several millions of dollars worth of damage in a city, who knows what something as big as the fear of an alien takeover could lead to!

And even if none of this would actually occur, I'm pretty sure the decision-makers in government would have to plan for such a scenario and weigh the potentialities when determining whether or not disclosure is such a good idea.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I don't think the government could hide aliens.
So there might not be any.
Also the travel and location problem exists for them to find us.

Some sort of technology seemingly exists that people find no
explanation.

So what is happening.
Apparently free energy is being hidden in the ether or some place
else as this is obvious since official science says there is no ether
for us.

[edit on 5/13/2010 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

reply to post by demonseed

The widespread panic and mass fear about an apocalyptic scenario would be quite troublesome because the majority of people aren't as open-minded or cool-headed about these things as the sort of people who would frequent a forum such as this. You'd have whackos out there figuring, "Heck, it's all going down so I might as well go wild!" and the next thing you know you've got financial collapse and logistical chaos at a minimum because there's nobody showing up to work, everyone overdrawing their bank accounts and maxing out their credit cards, etc., and that's just the tip of the proverbial iceberg. What about the assaults, rapes and murders that would break out, or the looting, hoarding and robbing?

If a bunch of people celebrating a victory in a hockey game can cause several millions of dollars worth of damage in a city, who knows what something as big as the fear of an alien takeover could lead to!

And even if none of this would actually occur, I'm pretty sure the decision-makers in government would have to plan for such a scenario and weigh the potentialities when determining whether or not disclosure is such a good idea.

Well if you determine aliens to be an apocalyptic scenario...

The church came out and said that there could be God and Aliens and still fit within the confines of church.

I personally think that religion would still exist even with the alien truth revealed. We are talking spiritual vs physical. More and more people are becoming less religious anyway.

If anything, i think what we would start seeing is people making bogus claims something like their burning their own house down and blaming it on aliens. But im sure insurance companies would make sure thats not covered(lol?) .

I mean if alien attack is imminent then your right, but just the mere existence of aliens i dont think would end the world. Laws and rules would still apply.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Replicator EYD

Unfortunately, your logic is flawed, very much flawed.

It is people like you whom think like you that had keep the extra-terresterial issue silent, and in that process will do anything, absolutely anything, even inhuman acts, to maintain such secrecies. Many a precious human life had been ruin and sacrificed on disgusting beliefs such as yours.

What you are doing is to continue to LIVE A LIE!

Why perpetrate a fraud? Why the need to fear truth and reality? Why live in delusions? Ultimately, one day we will still have to face truth and realities.

Better we do it this generation than to leave it to the next to bear the burden, at least we have the maturity and capability to deal with it here and now.

Some will shake with fear, etc as you said. There will be chaos, but in the end, NO ONE can escape from reality. Better we confront it head on, and find a solution to deal with whatever outcome that came.

Imagine yourself as a black slave in the cotton fields down south back in the 18th century. Your master had treated you well - 3 hots and a new shirt every year while they prospered and enjoyed trips to the continents.

You 'jump over the broom' ( married) and am now a proud father. Looking at your new born son, will you continue to doom him to slavery, accept it yourself and for him as a way of life, or you try to find a better deal so that he may live free?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Actually, I think disclosure and religion will run hand in hand. I'm going to start a thread to explain this but in the meantime be ye warned, When they do disclose their alien/ufo deal you may want to look for those religious folks, I don't think you'll find any Christians.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Loken68

Actually, I think disclosure and religion will run hand in hand. I'm going to start a thread to explain this but in the meantime be ye warned, When they do disclose their alien/ufo deal you may want to look for those religious folks, I don't think you'll find any Christians.

Not so sound rude or anything but why do u think that? im not christian but the vatican has come out saying that aliens might exist and they do not interfere with the beliefs of christianity.

Personally, i think the bible is a great book but i hate how its used to politically manipulate. However i think people will still find that need of something greater than themselves. Greater than this thing we call life.

Remember, most people seek religion as a answer to life after death. Alien existence will not provide that for them.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
If I may offer an alternate possibility as to why the US government continues to deny the existence of ET/UFOs.

For the most part, I do believe that the visable forms of our government do not know much of anything, after all, it's the military that investigates 99% of these claims, and are the ones who haul away crashed UFOs.

Now as it stands, former president Bill Clinton informed us that there is a government inside the government, and the POTUS does not control it.

That taken into context, the shadow government does not want us to know.

Why is really the $64,000 question. The $64,000 question can be answered a few plausible ways..

1. they can retain control of the people easier without us knowing
2. chance of civil unrest (riots, stupidity, chaos etc.)
3. they are making a killing, financially, off of oil, drugs, unrest, bad foods, drugs, etc.. would be a sever crimp on their pokcet books if aliens were able to come down, heal the sick, cure diseases, show us where we have been getting the raw deal, etc.
4, inferiority complex?

I'm sure there are other options.. Could also be simply, we, as humans, have not evolved enough, or rather then evolved, matured.

I, personally, believe it is #3 in my short list above. How do you keep slaves working for you? Do you teach them to read, write, think for themselves? NO.. the church did this to the people in the dark ages, if you will, they made it so the common man couldn't read, and had to go to church to learn about God, and his teachings.. the priests could twist things as they saw fit to get what they wanted from the people.

Same with the slaves in the Southern US back during colonial times. You didn't teahc them to read, write, do math etc..

Just my $0.02 of thought.

I do hope the status quo changes tho.. How exciting that would be.. /frustrated sigh

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
The alien was shown into the president.

Alien: Greetings. We come in peace.

President: I understand you have a gift for "all of humanity"

Alien: Yes. We have been monitoring and recording humans for two hundred thousand years.
We have a complete recording of every single persons' life who ever lived in that period.
Everything they ever wrote, invented, or said, and original copies of all knowledge.
We even have an archive of every crime that was ever committed according
to the laws of the land at that period, whether reported or not.

President: Do you have anything else?

Alien: we could give you TV instead.

David Grouchy

[edit on 14-5-2010 by davidgrouchy]

new topics

top topics

join