It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laser Beams Penetrating Thick Canopy Detect Thousands of New Structures

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr UAE
grate find , here are some images that i found

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f647fe66a03f.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/91a057ba271f.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0313df84ff45.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a821d9ab04fc.jpg[/atsimg]

Space Technology Revolutionizes Archaeology, Understanding of Maya

edit to add the link

[edit on 12-5-2010 by Dr UAE]

Great!

Seem MARS!

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Very interesting ... I remember them usingsatellite radar for the same purpose but it looks like the laser method is even more effective.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackProjects
It may lead to finding the last of the crystal skulls. Which alledgedly have some function when brought together(or is that just Indiana Jones thing?) at the end times. We'll see I guess. I believe one of them was found in Belize.

It's not just the Indiana Jones thing. Supposedly they contain the knowledge of the Mayan holy men and it will not be released until all the skulls are found and brought together. The last Indiana Jones hinted greatly at historical alien contact, and possible extra-terrestrial origins of the Mayan custom of head-binding.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by mackblack27
I hate to say it but i dont really get excited anymore when we think were on the brink of a new discovery, Even if tomorrow they discovered unlimited resources of knowledge wealth whatever. It would be saved for those in power ad we might get a snippet of information in about 50 years when they disclose the file.
I mean really , what is going on with the elite they are doing what the hell they want and the people of the planet suffer and our lives are in the hands of the few selected to rule us . We really do need a nwo but it needs to be for the benifit of the planet and its people , then we can all share in these new finds and such, we have a right to know whats under the sphinx and what in these jungles .
you think theyre gonna tell us , think again.

You nailed it. That's why everytime I watch some docu on the History Channel or read about something online...I IMMEDIATELY know the entire story isn't being given to me. I don't think a grand majority of the archeo-nerds know this.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
As more peeps said:
Waittaminute...do those pictures remind you of something? Just increase the scale of the buildings....(Plus the little snippet of NASA boffins stating that this technique will be valuable for PLANETARY research???)

[edit on 5/12/2010 by diakrite]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
if everyone is so concerned about what is going on in our world today... why dont we decide to all get together and do something about it. I dont care if its peaceful, or bloody. something has to be done before we blow all of ourselves up, and leave OUR "advanced technology" for the residents of earth 200-100000000 million years from now.

intelligent life has been here for a long time. longer than were willing to admit.. simply because usually we are TOO STUPID/UN-INFORMED/PROUD to admit it or because there have been people keeping it from us.

we've probably built our societies time and time again, and because of the way we are.. WE ALWAYS blow ourselves up (not necessarily literally, but you get the idea) before we are able to get a grasp on it... WHY DONT WE CHANGE IT.

our information and records are becoming more and more dependent on technology. what if we blow our # up again, and lose all that technology... by the time we get it back up and running.. we'll have forgot what we have done to ourselves in the past.

Ladies and Gentlemen, if you would like to change this cycle of death and rebirth, msg me..

whether it be here or by email.

LateSleeper
[email protected]

I know its stupid to post that, but that should show you my true intentions.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by latEsleepeR]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Yeah that could happen, and it would be quite sad, but imagine what they could find.

I dont know, would it be okay to destroy parts of the rainforest to find out more about our past?

Im a curious soul so I would have to agree,

Don't get me wrong... i love all these ancient cities, artifacts & culture of these peoples.... i believe they have much to tell us... it's a shame none are alive today to tell us exactly what happened all those years ago but i feel that the destruction of the rainforests won't be such a great idea.... i dunno... there already cutting the forests down for Agriculture & Industry which is bad enough... maybe if they stopped that, i wouldnt be against this idea for Archealogical purposes and our purposes.... in fact i'd love to go help out in this excavation process... would be great to be involved in it but alas i'm no Archaelogist or studying Archaelogy!!

[edit on 12-5-2010 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Time to put that to work over the Amazon

Now from those pictures what got me kinda curious is to know where those roads will end up.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by acrux
reply to post by jazz10

Thank you but what was the original military application.

Finding hidden bunkers etc?

LIDAR is used to construct digital terrain models. It gives a much finer point spacing for higher resolution of the models than standard. Military applications include Line of Sight determination for radio and relay comms, masked area determination for weapons fans, selection of ambush sites, siting LP/OPs, that sort of thing. There are many military applications of knowing the terrain intimately, and LIDAR does that better than just about anything else, without an actual ground-truthing mission.

It won't find submerged objects like bunkers, but will locate any parts of those sorts of structures above the surface, as well as slight irregularities in the surface that may indicate old earthworks, foundations, and walls.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I know these arealways meant to be serious posts but come on. Are you all so vain that
you think that this tech will be used for "your" gain?
Some how you saw this news and first stammered out words of granger. That's insane oh god that's gonna find all this stuff.
No, it's not good because the Corp that created this tech get first dibs on it's discoveries. Airforce/navy/then common science.
They have got whateverthey wanted out of it and now it's news again to the monkey inhabitants

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I'd wish they would make some scans of the surface beneath the ice of Antartica.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

edit to add the link

these are what the images from the moon and mars should look like. Very detailed. Able to distinguish many different buildings n structures. Oh but I'm sure this tech was used for space exploration before earth applications.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Neat stuff!
Friggin laser beams man!
Now all we need are landsharks with laser beams and i will implement my eevol plan.
Srsly tho it is great to be able to find these gold nuggets without having boots on the ground for months/years.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Eye of Horus

Yeah good points. Some of this hysteria that the key to civilization and our history lie in ancient people is kind of silly. Ancient people regardless of whether they were visited by aliens or not were not really any difference than us nowadays. They waged war, killed each other, murdered, raped, pillaged and plundered. Etc. They might have been able to levitate big stones into place or guide aliens where to land. So what? Doesn't mean they were benevolent nor ETs/Aliens or whatever at that time.

I'm really fascinated by what Graham Hancock wrote in his book SuperNatural and other guys like The Cosmic Serpent. Very fascinating and makes so much sense to me.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Man... You folks get real emotional about your scientific discoveries... From the "humbug... They'll never disclose what they find". To the "humans are all bloodthirsty"... Comments.

I'm just glad i don't have to live in your houses and listen to these bad attitudes....

I think this is an amazing thing... Its like we are waking up to memories of our collective past, like an adult in therapy having breakthroughs.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Just another thing here. Thats wierd butwhy would this picture pass as one of those from the moon perhaps?
files.abovetopsecret.com...

Just saying, if it can be done here and now, whats to say it aint been done before?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by acrux
reply to post by jazz10

Thank you but what was the original military application.

Finding hidden bunkers etc?

Sea floor mapping on subs

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
What? Who ever said anyone would cut down the forest to explore these ruins? Its not like they will clear cut the whole jungle to get to these places. The point of archeology (at least in modern times) is to not cause damage to surrounding area. Also I noticed the computer generated images slightly resemble areas in Cydonia, not that Im saying there are ruins in Cydonia. Oh and didnt Edward Cayce make some predictions about finding something in the yucatan peninsula? Interesting times we live in considering the frequency of all these "unrelated" events.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by beholdblight]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Onasty

edit to add the link

these are what the images from the moon and mars should look like. Very detailed. Able to distinguish many different buildings n structures. Oh but I'm sure this tech was used for space exploration before earth applications.

Is that a face I see on the surface? Are those geometric structures arranged in logical and mathematical patterns?

Oh, wait... they're entirely natural, and totally not made by artificial means. Silly me.

Damn, any muppet with a rod up his/her bottom could see that the last image in this set is curiously similar to the Cydonia images on Mars! Why are people not making more of a connection here?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by dampnickers

Cause most people dont want to believe anything outside of this world and think we humans came from little micros on this planet and there's nothing else besides us, that god is the creator of just humans and our animals.

We all should try to find some connection from earth, moon and to mars so far, with all these probs going up there taking pics and now we got this tech that clearly show our earth from what it really is.... we may just need more images from earth in that way to check out how it comes out then go from the moon to mars in comparing pictures... but too bad we wont get them all and unedited/clear pictures.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by MilzGatez]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join