It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laser Beams Penetrating Thick Canopy Detect Thousands of New Structures

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
A flyover of Belize's thick jungles has revolutionized archaeology worldwide and vividly illustrated the complex urban centers developed by one of the most-studied ancient civilizations -- the Maya.

WOW this to me is a Great discovery. I cant seem to find any links to images as yet but feel free to add. Whats your thoughts.
www.sciencedaily.com...

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Great find.

I am convinced many secrtes to our history is located in those over-grown junge areas.

Seems like more and more is being discovered. I saw there a few months back they had found many foundational places, but mostly in the open (as it were) but had to be seen from above and computer help.

[edit on 5/12/2010 by anon72]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Great find! I wish they could find some of the lost writings of the ancients. I am sure a lot of their knowledge would of great benefit to us.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaalphanovember
Great find! I wish they could find some of the lost writings of the ancients. I am sure a lot of their knowledge would of great benefit to us.

i think mankind could use some of that 'great benefit' right about now

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Hopefully more will be released soon.

Has this got the potential of changing anything? If so what?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Anyone know what military application this came from.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

Cessna 337, LiDAR (Light Detection and Ranging) was used.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Thank you but what was the original military application.

Finding hidden bunkers etc?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

This is great but i feel they will be cutting down too much rainforest to get to it... not sure if thats a good idea.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Yeah that could happen, and it would be quite sad, but imagine what they could find.

I dont know, would it be okay to destroy parts of the rainforest to find out more about our past?

Im a curious soul so I would have to agree,

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

I have no idea? Im sure someone on here will know.

This is great but i feel they will be cutting down too much rainforest to get to it... not sure if thats a good idea.
acrux
I totally agree. The last thing we all want is rainforests been destroyed.
I think this discovery may turn out to be quite eye opening in the future.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I know that may seem off topic but what are the chances of there being some connection to this ongoing thread?
Excavation Now Happening Under the Sphinx' Paw! Was Edgar Cayce Right?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Infact how many other sites globally are?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Very nice find indeed.. I am curious what lies under the tropical forests of South East Asia as well.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by Xcathdra]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
grate find , here are some images that i found

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f647fe66a03f.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/91a057ba271f.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0313df84ff45.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a821d9ab04fc.jpg[/atsimg]

Space Technology Revolutionizes Archaeology, Understanding of Maya

edit to add the link

[edit on 12-5-2010 by Dr UAE]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I hate to say it but i dont really get excited anymore when we think were on the brink of a new discovery, Even if tomorrow they discovered unlimited resources of knowledge wealth whatever. It would be saved for those in power ad we might get a snippet of information in about 50 years when they disclose the file.
I mean really , what is going on with the elite they are doing what the hell they want and the people of the planet suffer and our lives are in the hands of the few selected to rule us . We really do need a nwo but it needs to be for the benifit of the planet and its people , then we can all share in these new finds and such, we have a right to know whats under the sphinx and what in these jungles .
you think theyre gonna tell us , think again.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
The New Yor Times published some images of this in todays newspaper....

IMAGES OF BELIZE LASER MAP

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
It may lead to finding the last of the crystal skulls. Which alledgedly have some function when brought together(or is that just Indiana Jones thing?) at the end times. We'll see I guess. I believe one of them was found in Belize.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

the sciencedaily link you gave us says that the 'city' of Caracol
was appox. 77 squares miles in size, gathered together some 115k people.
all around ~650AD

that would make that metropolis around 900 years before the Conquistodores & Missionary Clerics/Priest began their genocide of the culture.
Perhaps there are codexes, stone reliefs, that were early versions of the Calendar Priests Tun forecasts that were nearly completely destroyed by the Spanish.

all that presently remains of Maya writings are the Dresden Codex if i recall correct... it would help a bunch that the canopy penetrating lasers can pinpoint promising areas to investigate directly...such as all those 'caves' the link states are in the area...

a 'dead sea scrolls' type of discovery might be made in the future?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Course it might be the fabled city of Gold, so you know someone is going to put togeather a team and go down into the jungle to make the discovery and start digging. All those places were covered up by the jungles for a reason.
For example back in dec of 2008 I went on a cruise to Belize, and the Yucatan. There was this one place which had only recently been rediscovered and excuvated. It was called "the Red City". Turns out it was where the super rich mayans lived , watched there death match games and sacrificed thosands of slaves to there gods. The place was uncovered in 1997. The reason it was called the Red City was it was painted in the blood of all the sacrificed. So you see the Elite of the past were just as bloodthirsty as the elite of the present. Humans haven't learned anything, our technology has just gotten better. There was this one temple that we got to climb it was so odd to stand on something from 3000 BCE. You could almost feel energy being sucked from the crowd as if the temple was still hungry for sacrifice, it was creepy. I remember it left me feeling strange. So not all places Lost are benificial.
The so-called Lost city of Gold if found would drive men to madness, we've seen what the spanish did to the indians when they found gold. They were slaughtered. What if something else was found, like a ancient power source. How many folks would die from that kind of discoverey. Better left hidden.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

Sounds like they might not have to cut down more than what they need. I mean rather thank cutting it all down and Hope its the right spot. Now they know exactly where things are and they can just cut down with as little damage to the rain forest as possible.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join