It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A reoccurring nightmare

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
So lately I have been having some weird/strange dreams. I guess that you could call them nightmares...its the same reoccurring dream also, its never different and its mostly always the same outside of a small variable here or there. Now keep in mind that I do not scare easily.

Anyhow - The dream goes that im laying there in bed...yes, for whatever reason im laying there in bed in my dream. Then all of a sudden my body turns stiff, like I cannot move and I feel a huge sense of urgency of trying to move but I cant....then a wash of fear and dread overcomes me and it turns into all out terror. It doesnt stop there though, I start hearing footsteps inside of the house and they start walking slowly at first...and then they start running (the footsteps speed up actually) and I get the sense of dread that whatever this is, is coming into my bedroom while im there laying down on the bed stiff as a board and cannot move etc.....

Well, about the time this entity (or whatever it is) gets to my bedroom, I wake up in a full blown anxiety attack mode....sweating, cold chills etc....ive had to take a shower on more than one occasion afterwards because it calms me down.

Now ive never got a look at whatever this entity in my dream is...I have no idea what it is or what the dream even means......but when I enter this dream, I get a bad sense of unknown and dread washing over me. The unknown of whatever it is running into my bedroom and the sense of dread of what would happen if it got there before I woke up.

What does this dream mean? Does it have any actual meaning to any of you here?

[edit on 12-5-2010 by -Blackout-]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

Personal Disclosure: I too had a reoccuring nightmare and an entity and I disclose how I dealt with it in detail here...

Please note that it is a BTS thread and can best be viewed by logging into BTS 1st!

Have you heard of ACHLYS? [BTS]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos
Explanation: S&F!

Personal Disclosure: I too had a reoccuring nightmare and an entity and I disclose how I dealt with it in detail here...

Please note that it is a BTS thread and can best be viewed by logging into BTS 1st!

Have you heard of ACHLYS? [BTS]

Interesting thread there sir.

I dont worship any god really. I think there is a creator however, but whatever he/she/it is, I dunno really.

Anyhow, thoughts on my nightmare? Anyone? Ive actually done some research on the Succubus, but this does not sound like a typical Succubus encounter that I am having - They usually show themselves, usually as attractive women etc.....Whatever this is in my dream simply does not wanna be seen.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by -Blackout-]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by -Blackout-

Explanation: Its a dream and now you know you are dreaming [over and over again I might add] and therefor nothing can hurt you in your dreams unless YOU allow it as its YOUR dream after all OK!

I recommend the following...

1] Wait and see what happens because now you can look for your opening to engage whatever it is in Number 2]...

2] Offer it a carrot (an incentive) and carry a big stick (remember its YOUR DREAM) and negotiate a settlement!

If number 2 fails [i.e you have to use your stick more than twice in a row] then there is Number 3]...

3] Kill it and REPLACE IT!

Personal Disclosure: Sweet Dreams!

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I'd rather have a shotgun than a stick I think

Anyway, im more so curious if anyone would know the significance of this dream in general. I know that dreams and nightmares can hold true meanings at times.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Hi, Blackout.

It isn't so much something to explain, but rather something to do.

The first part, assuming you haven't simply woken up and are experiencing sleep paralysis (searchable), is dream incorporation (also searchable). That is, you really are distonic during REM sleep, which is normal, and this real-life condition shows up in your dream as a plot point.

Now, where it gets interesting is that you drop into a well-known motif dream. The names for these aren't so standard, so I use descriptive names. This one I call Unseen Menace. In your case, it's pretty obvious why the name fits. In other examples, there's more storyline about why and how the menace isn't seen right away.

Unseen Menace comes in two versions: challenge declined and challenge accepted. The difference is whether you choose to meet the menace face-to-face or choose to escape instead. Challenge declined is a notorious recurrer - you keep dreaming it, maybe until you do accept the challenge (choose to confront the menace in the dream). Strong affect, feelings of dread, etc., is typical, and even physical stuff like sweats isn't all that unusual.

Usually, there is a dramatized "decision point" and "escape route." The dreamer has a clear opportunity to confront the menace, decides not to, and successfully escapes. At least in your telling, you just bail out and wake up. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that there is a decision point which you glosssed over, or I missed. Or maybe you just don't think of it that way. It is simply "obvious" to you that out is the only way to go.

Anyway, what you want to do is dream the challenge accepted version. Stand your ground and look at the menace. Don't worry about "dream control," just get it done. Don't worry about a weapon, either. The dream will take care of what is needed for this very old story to play out.

I won't spoil the plot for you, but when you dream it, it pretty much "interprets itself."

Challenge accepted doesn't seem to recur, so problem solved.

Meet the menace, and you'll be glad you did.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by -Blackout-

Your post reminds me of a thread over in the Paranormal Forum on Sleep Paralysis. You should check it out. I believe its on page 2 on the Paranormal Studies » Sleep Paralysis- specifically describe the presence/witch/shadow/ghost etc anormal Forum. Good Luck!

top topics

join