It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are very close to extinction

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Simply put, when I think about all the chemicals and pollution some sort of species will mutate out of the muck of chemical wast and nuclear waste, wish I could see it.

Nothing IMHO is unnatural everything is made up of everything else, just because it is poisonous to us doesn't make it bad for all things living in the future.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

Yeah it would have been nice if you added some links to prove your point about humans nearly being extinct.

Things like the holocene extinction event, or ocean acidificaiton, or overfishing, or anthropogenic climate change, or pollution.

I would tend to agree that our current civilization is unsustainable, and a large portion of species will be extinct in a short period of time. I also believe that a collapse in available basic resources, including supplies of food, will happen sometime relatively quick (before 22nd century). I'm not so sure we'll go extinct, rather that we'll be much less in numbers within a couple of generations or so. It still seems within the realm of possibility that we go extinct. To not think this possible is pure hubris. Over 98% of all species to have inhabited this rock have become extinct.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Our lives are already worthless.

Accept for those that value their life and our loved ones and everyone we have and are going to make happy and appreciated.

Life is what you make of it.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Some days it seems like it, it is hard work surviving on this planet.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Well, of course, human beings are only a transitional species on this planet, and we're not likely to live more than a few thousand years more, if that.

But it's not because of mistakes we've made. It's because we're too clever for our own good. We're so smart that pretty soon we'll be able to dig around in our own DNA pretty much at will. And because we have such a love of self-modification, you can bet it won't take long for a lot of people to give themselves or their offspring wings, or night vision, or a hard skin resistant to UV rays, or whatever, in as many colors and shapes as you can imagine. So that will pretty much be the end of humanity as we know it.

The other way we'll do away with ourselves is with our technology. It won't be long until we're able to create a thinking, feeling, self-aware, self-replicating machine that is essentially so close to being "alive" that there will be no difference. And at that point, all bets are off. They'll compete with us for already scarce resources, and might have a good shot at muscling us out of existence because they will be better at adapting than we are. Faster, anyway. And that might give them the edge.

Our only hope will be that our little robot children will get bored with staying on Earth, and spread out into the galaxy to colonize. They'll be able to do it. We sure can't. We can't pass the physical.

So maybe in 5,000 years there will be some vague remnant of humanity left on Earth. But chances are it won't look a whole lot like us.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
All it is is a new beginning for those who make it....I wouldnt even worry bout it if this is true and humanity is about to ADVANCE SPIRITUALLY then whats the problem...The fruits may be ripe. I would more or less be concerned with what enters this LITTLE UNIVERSE WHEN ALL THE HERD IS SAFE LOL LOL LOL, WOULDNT REALLY WANNA WITNESS, THATS FOR THOSE WHO ASSUME THEY ARE SAFE FOR BEING OPPRESSORS, LMAO LIKE WHY DOES THIS LITTLE UNIVERSE SEEM SO BORING ALL OF A SUDDEN ONCE THE HUMANS LEFT!!!!!!! AND WTH ARE THOSE LIGHT SPHERES EMMITTING FROM THEM????????-K-

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Ahh...

Let me share some of my positivity with you.

Maybe it will brighten up your day.

Cheer up, have fun, love life, live life to the fullest.

With loving regards.

~ SK

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Nothing is unnatural? Are you sure about this?

We may or may not become extinct soon, undoubtedly we will at some stage - perhaps we will adapt to the point we're no longer considered human.

reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

DO RESPONSES BEAR MORE MERIT WHEN TYPED IN CAPS?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas

Accept for those that value their life and our loved ones and everyone we have and are going to make happy and appreciated.

Life is what you make of it.

Right...so our lives are not worthless, if that was the case most life (except human) is worthless.. My personal opinion is that are lives are becoming less free, pay your bills every month, live month to month on your salary, pay your taxes, support the police, get told what to think by the television. We've become enslaved in this bubble, we rely on the system like a calf sucking it's mother teets, and when this tyranous, greed driven system collapses (financial system) no one will know how to live their lives, to cook properly, gather food and because of that we're not free, free to live on earth or with earth as we should. NOTE: i'm not saying technology is bad.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

I'm sorry. I was trying to share a feeling but it seems that I don;t know how to do that with only words on a screen.

To you and me it's not worthless. Nonetheless it's worthless.

It's worthless for those that do not see its worth but most of all because its not a product yet we are brainwashed in thinking it is.

For some we, us, our lives are the product and we are worth an estimate of what we will produce in our lifetime. Which makes it worthless in a way?

I'm sorry my head is full of thoughts right now, yet no explanations chaos...
I hope you get what I'm saying

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

No need for apologies, sorry if i came across a little hasty - like you, my mind is running chaos with alot at the moment too. I get what your saying i think. I think to some ignorance is bliss , but knowledge and truth is more important to me. Peace

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
there is too much evidence to prove we did exist at the time of the dinosaurs
behold the history you have been denied..............

scienceray.com...

peace

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
We could lose 5 billion and not be close to it.... So I think we got a long way to go.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join