It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are very close to extinction

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
As a species we are fragile and expendible in all reality.

Human life can become cheap in an instant.

Time is short.

And we are worried about paper money becoming worthless?

How about your life becoming worthless, are you worried about that?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

Shhh...... American Idol is back on!!!

(That about sums up american life.)

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Care to elaborate?
how is time short?
what makes humans so 'fragile'?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Then bring on the booze and hookers!!! WoooooooooooooHoooooooooo!!!!!!!! Seriously, That's the sort of thing you yell at a 14-year-old who takes your car out for a joyride. Do you think that the general population of ATS is a bunch of stupid kids?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   

...as previously stated - it would be great if you could elaborate on this, because at the moment I'm unsure of whether this is:

a) A gut feeling
b) A prediction
c) NIBIRU!!!
d) Unverifiable ramblings...

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jokei

I think you need to stop reading ATS and calm down. You seem to be infected by the depressive paranoid elements that pervade this site. Life's too short to spend it being negative. Enjoy life while you've got it (80-100 years) and do your bit to help others enjoy theirs.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
as a species we have survived dinosaurs (trying to eat us), ancient aliens(messing with our dna), ice age (earth freezing us), numerous disasters(earthquakes floods etc) as well as countless diseases (bird and/or swine flu). whatever is coming in the near future we will survive that aswell we are a race of survivors and we seem to shine when our situation is at it's worst.............so take off your tinfoil hat of doom and gloom. get outside and enjoy nature. kiss a tree and remember whatever happens our species will endure

namaste

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
oops double post

[edit on 12-5-2010 by gaurdian2012]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Edit: Apology to the OP, I'm as guilty as Malcr of derailing, this should've been a U2U response.

reply to post by malcr

I think you missed the point and are making assumptions about my mood - which is fairly jovial this morning, it's nice and sunny and I'm going to do some gardening, which I quite enjoy.

My point was not one of belief or disbelief of the OP, just that I'd like to see where the ideas behind it have come from...

How are you doing your bit to help others enjoy their lives? Seemingly - here, you're making assumptions with a faux-positive attitude about my disposition and derailing the thread in the process.

[edit on 12/5/1010 by jokei]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Oh reallY?

So deep...

So insightful and wise...

So out of the box and fresh!

If only all posts on ATS did what you just did here in your OP.

No link, no reference, no explanations or anything!

TRY HARDER DAMNIT!!!

This is ATS...we have standards to uphold.

Agencies are watching for God's sake!

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust

Time is short.

This is an example of an OP that has no substance. What are we supposed to debate? You have put a few unrelated sentences into a post and expect this to count as quality contribution?

I was hoping for a couple of articles to elucidate the concept you wish to promote, but I am sadly disappointed once again.

Please expound on your subject, or it is just a waste of the site's bandwidth. But I have a feeling that might be the point behind a bunch of these kinds of threads, so there might be a REAL conspiracy in here yet.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by hotbakedtater]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by gaurdian2012
as a species we have survived dinosaurs (trying to eat us),

Do you have any evidence that this is true? I thought the dinosaurs were our friends. You know, we used them as tools in our everyday lives. I remember Fred used one at work to move earth. And Wilma had one as a dishwasher.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by TheComte]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust

As a species we are durable and valuable in our small part of reality.

Human life can become expensive in a lifetime.

Time is short.

Eternity is long.

We are?

I'm extremely worried that my life is going to become a thread on ATS with no substance, evidence or even a link to back it up.

The horror...

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Human beings are like cockroaches. We can survive anything. Maybe not the billions of us on this planet, but we'll survive. Just ask Rolland Hammerlich.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
OP --

You are right that the human race may become extinct "soon" (and I mean "soon" on a grand scale). However, chances are that "soon" may not be for another 500, 1000, 5000, or even 10,000 years, so I'm not that worried. Nobody I know -- nor even the great-great grandchildren of anyone I know -- will be around then.

I don't see any signs of extinction on the horizon right now.

I suppose it's possible that we could all be wiped out within the next year (or in the next 5 minutes) by an asteroid, gamma ray burst, or something else equally catastrophic, but I wouldn't bank on that -- just like I'm not banking on me winning the super-lotto tomorrow. Sure it's possible, but highly unlikely.

[edit on 5/12/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   

as a species we have survived dinosaurs (trying to eat us)...

I hope you're just being funny or sarcastic (there needs to be a "sarcasm smiley" so I can tell if a post is serious or not. You do realize that there was about 62 million years between the extinction of dinosaurs and the rise of anything that looked even close to human-like -- and the dinosaurs were long gone for 65 million years before the "official" human species came about.

I suppose when you say that dinosaurs ate "us", you could mean that dinosaurs ate the little shrew-like creatures that would one day (65 million years later) evolve into human beings.

Originally posted by TheComte

as a species we have survived dinosaurs (trying to eat us),

Do you have any evidence that this is true? I thought the dinosaurs were our friends. You know, we used them as tools in our everyday lives. I remember Fred used one at work to move earth. And Wilma had one as a dishwasher.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by TheComte]

Okay -- I don't need a "sarcasm smiley" for that one

[edit on 5/12/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Global population is 7-billion plus. Extinction? No way. OP, do you understand what extinction is? Do you understand how far reaching a global disaster would have to be for extinction to happen? Anything less than an extinction level meteorite impact will never wipe us off the planet as a species. And I'm not 100% certain that a meteorite impact would successfully kill all viable humans.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
Global population is 7-billion plus. Extinction? No way.

Just because something is big it can't fail? All people can be gone in but a few days from the same cause, for example an unlikely but possible airborne killer virus or "the big one"; a big meteorite, several earthquakes or because pollution finally catches up with us and ends up in toxic quantities in our food, water and/or air affecting the dna of billions to come.

Personally I doubt humanity will become extinct anytime soon but one day we'll inevitably be out of resources, unless perhaps humanity unites (or one nation exterminates all the others) and reach space and so populates new planets with resources, or at the least artifical planet like spaceships. It's not difficult to imagine huge remote controlled spaceships with robots searching the universe for us and returning with resources, doing all the work in society. But, we've chosen to use our wood, metals and oil for transportation, entertainment purposes and war instead, only a small amount of the planet's resources goes to space travel.

Makes me wonder sometimes if we have already passed the point of no return where we have spend too much of the total amount of resources on this planet on things which will not get us into space, insufficient left of the total sum for building spaceships to get us off this rock.

But in the end I don't believe extinction will happen (certainly not in my lifetime) however humanity will one day have depleted this planet's resources or it will simple become uninhabitable due to being too close to the sun.

[edit on 12/5/2010 by Dragonfly79]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

nice, and nice thread title to lure people in. i see nothing of substance here and nothing to prove any claims, at least that we will become "extinct" - this thread FTL

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by gaurdian2012

as a species we have survived dinosaurs (trying to eat us)

Dinosaurs didn't exist along side humans.

But other things have tried to eat us, and we ate each other.

I believe there was a time when we almost disappeared from the planet.

We will become extinct there is no doubt about it, and I have a theory about what will follow.

[edit on 013131p://bWednesday2010 by Stormdancer777]

[edit on 013131p://bWednesday2010 by Stormdancer777]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join