It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libyan plane with 104 on board crashes at Tripoli airport, no word on survivors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Libyan plane with 104 on board crashes at Tripoli airport, no word on survivors

www.metron ews.ca

CAIRO - Spokesmen for Libyan-owned Afriqiyah airlines say a plane with 104 people on board has crash landed at the airport in the Libyan capital Tripoli.

They said the Airbus-330 arriving from Johannesburg, South Africa was coming in to land when it crashed Wednesday. There was no immediate word on casualties.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   

A passenger plane crashed in Libya on Wednesday, killing 104 people, Al Arabiya television said, citing official sources.

A Libyan airport official said the aircraft was a Libyan-operated Airbus which was flying from South Africa and crashed as it attempted to land at Tripoli airport. The official said he could not immediately confirm the casualty figures.

Libya's Afriqiyah airline said there were 93 passengers and 11 crew on board its aircraft when it had an accident during landing but that it had no information on casualties or survivors. source

Just breaking, no further details available yet.

Edit:
Apparently one eight years old Dutch boy is the only survivor of the crash. Very sad news.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by Mdv2]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

already posted

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Thanks for the information, I just saw it on MSNBC when I got up this morning. Very sad news indeed. On CNN, they said that there might have been British nationals aboard also. Here is the link to their article about it:

www.cnn.com...

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Fox News reporting a lone survivor, eight year old Dutch boy.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaCommando5
Fox News reporting a lone survivor, eight year old Dutch boy.

Maby god spared the only person that wasnt a racist on that plane. Ironic if true.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Maybe he is indestructible.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
hi i live in holland where the only survivor was from.
this is the bigges lost of life ever cause of a plane crash in holland.
And i wat i not get is HOW the f dus 1 person lives through this when EVRYBODY else is dead.. Its almost exaxtly like that movie with bruce willis unbreakeble.strange well rip 2 all of the dead peoples

new topics

top topics

join