It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Kagan a Lesbian?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Well before her gender preferences I was oppose to her lack of experience as a judge, plus now more about her is coming to light and who she favors over American citizens in times of need, her role during 9/11 is an example.

But then again I have not problem with somebody in a position of power with the right credentials regardless of gender preferences.

Still I find that if she is a lesbian is nothing wrong with telling, why the secrecy.

Then again the religious right will have a fit on this one.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Breaking News: She's Not Gay!

Kagan's friends step forward to squelch gay rumors

Worried that weeks of rumors were turning into a major distraction, the White House is finally pushing back on all the speculation about Elena Kagan's love life. She's not gay, one of the Supreme Court nominee's best friends tells Politico reporter Ben Smith.

Administration officials hope the testimonials of Sarah Walzer and other Kagan friends will quiet speculation about the nominee's sexual orientation fanned by blogger Andrew Sullivan. In March, blogger Ben Domenech raised the same issue, referring to Kagan as "openly gay" in a post later removed by CBS News' online commentary syndicate after protests from the White House over the "smear."

The speculation was clearly fueling wider public interest as well. Yahoo! statistics indicate that 15 percent of computer searches on Kagan focused on her personal life, with the majority of those targeting her sexual orientation and marital status. And on Google, phrases like "Elena Kagan gay" and "Elena Kagan personal life" were among the top trending searches.

Walzer, a Kagan pal since they roomed together at Harvard Law School in the mid-'80s, told Ben Smith that Kagan is definitely not a lesbian.

"I know she's straight," Walzer said. "She dated men when we were in law school, we talked about men — who in our class was cute, who she would like to date, all of those things. She definitely dated when she was in D.C. after law school, when she was in Chicago — and she just didn't find the right person."

And former New York Gov. Eliot Spitzer, who knew Kagan during her undergrad days at Princeton, emailed Smith to note helpfully that "I did not go out with her, but other guys did."

Read more: Yahoo News

I love that quote "I did not go out with her, but other guys did."

He's got much higher standards than that. YUCK!!!

[edit on 5/12/10 by FortAnthem]

Mod Edit: Please Review the Following Link: Courtesy Is Mandatory

[edit on Wed May 12 2010 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Administration officials hope the testimonials of Sarah Walzer and other Kagan friends will quiet speculation about the nominee's sexual orientation fanned by blogger Andrew Sullivan.

Should say
"Administration officials hope the testimonials of Kagan's girlfriend Sarah Walzer and other lesbian Kagan friends will quiet speculation about the nominee's sexual orientation fanned by blogger Andrew Sullivan."

This article is reminds me of Massa not being gay because he was just having a tickle fight with a couple of his straight buddies.

Its all perfectly normal.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

somebody should tell that she's sending out the wrong message.

that would explain her social retardation. how can she represent the feelings of the average American...if she can't have normal sexual relations...straight or gay.....I'd say she has a "secret"

Being an "un-closeted" gay person..is at least honest.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by wrathchild]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Now they just need to proove that it's really a woman.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/29092abb007d.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 5/12/10 by FortAnthem]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Well maybe she is a hermaphrodite. That is why she cannot decide what to wear. Pearls like a woman and hair like a man. Maybe she is just nurturing both sides.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
.... Having been around and friends with Gays Lesbians 3/4 of my 54 yrs, My radar just would not hush up... Seems it has been justified here... Yes she is... Will it effect her decisions if a S.C.Judge... YES....

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Still I find that if she is a lesbian is nothing wrong with telling, why the secrecy.

But perhaps there is something wrong with asking. I think there is. Do we go through this little sexuality dance with each and every candidate? No, we do not. If we did, would that be a good thing? I don't think so. Agree with you that IF she is a lesbian and she chose to disclose that, that there would be nothing wrong with that disclosure, however IF she did so, wouldn't that provoke a response that she was trying to use her sexuality as a lever to advance her office?

Then again the religious right will have a fit on this one.

Agree again. Maybe that is the point of the whole appointment -- to bait the far right into speculating about her preferences/sexuality, and thus make themselves look even more foolish? I think it's possible.

I look forward to a time when people are appointed/elected solely on their abilities and experience as it pertains to the particular job.

Maybe politicians should use avatars instead of photos.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by wrathchild

OMG, you are dead on. It does look like Mike Meyers all made up. Look at the eyes. They are his. Maybe this is his next big project. What I think we have here is a conspiracy.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by Luca Brasi]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

I don't think your thread is funny. I think it's in poor taste.

Let me ask you something. Would you feel the same joviality presenting this thread to her in person? Saying "it" rather than "she"? You're not attracted to her, fine. Neither am I, nor do I consider that a worthy variable when selecting a representative or presidential appointment.

Colbert did a feature on this question last night. He handled it with class, and it WAS funny, because he was lampooning everyone who just HAS to know if she is a lesbian or not.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Inject yourself into the public eye and you become fodder for jokes.

It's called humor...prehaps a little laughter. every public offical since the beggining of time had to deal with it...

it's healthy.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Well maybe he should ask you your permission before he creates each thread. He could say does this tickle your sense of humor and then you could yeh or nay it. That is what this country needs more people telling us what we should be doing. Personally, I thought it was hilarious. Even you have to admit that she looks a lot like Pat.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

I was just thinking that maybe Kagan should date Lady GaGa. They have a lot in common. One is a man trying to convince us he is a woman and the other is a woman trying to convince us she is a woman.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
not relevant

[edit on 12-5-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
Do we go through this little sexuality dance with each and every candidate? No, we do not. If we did, would that be a good thing? I don't think so.

Well we sure didn't have to with Sarah Palin - now did we. She was parading her hetero life front and center of any camera within smelling distance.

Sorry - - couldn't resist. But she waved that family like a Rebel Flag.

---------------------

Is that what we want from a gay person? "I'm gay and in your face".

If its common knowledge among colleagues that she is gay - - then why does it need to be exploited?

Will it affect her voting. Well most likely - since she is human - just as every other judge is affected by their own life and experiences.

She seems extremely intelligent and "law fair" to me.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Well do you see the difference. Sarah Palin was honest about her orientation and proud of her family. Kagan on the other hand is lying about her orientation and shameful of it.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Luca Brasi
reply to post by Annee

Well do you see the difference. Sarah Palin was honest about her orientation and proud of her family. Kagan on the other hand is lying about her orientation and shameful of it.

Sarah Palin USED her family.

Is Kagan lying? I don't see anywhere she lied.

What I see is trying to keep the issues on the issues. Not on her personal life.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

When your in a public position...payed salary by tax-payers...making descisions that can affect all of us...your personal beliefs should be public...or go back to your old job...

I still think she looks like mike myers in a fat-suit.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

It is just a matter of time until she pulls out Bill Clinton's famous line - "I did not have sexual relations with that WOMAN!"

Make sure to stair real hard into the camera Ms. Kagan, just to make it look like you mean it. Maybe Bill can give you lessons on how to get that teary eye look that works so well.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by Luca Brasi]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join