It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Kagan a Lesbian?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
There is no such thing as a lesbian. They are all bi-sexual. I can prove it with my powers of seduction. Please don't make me seduce that one!

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
A comparison, if you will:

Sotomayor is Latina and 44 years old.

The issue of illegal immigration and border security/control is a massive issue, yet to be fully addressed by the Feds. and recently (as we know) being more addressed by individual States.

To quote your point from above:

Her tenure will be very long and the court will likely see more cases on [immigration] on her watch than during the rest of its history.

It's a definite possibility.

So, is there a similar concern for Sotomayor?

[edit on 12-5-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Exactly right. At the least, her background has some bearing on how she understands particular issues. Yet, the majority of you want to pretend her sexuality has no bearing on anything. While I don't think it would be of hardly any significance, I think its ignorant to think it wouldn't in the slightest. The slightest is still the slightest which is something and not nothing.
Sotomayor is a great example to make this point. Of course her background should never prevent her from deserved achievements and accomplishments but its a background we as citizens might like to know about.

Lady- I almost regret starting this mucky thread but I really like your perspective on other posts.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
The only reason to even consider Kagan's "sexual preference" would be if I was thinking of copulating with her... Which is so far off my radar that

EWWWWWWWWW!

End of discussion.

— Doc Velocity

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I really enjoyed Kagan's performance in "paul Blart Mall Cop"

She's one funny dude.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
The only reason to even consider Kagan's "sexual preference" would be if I was thinking of copulating with her... Which is so far off my radar that

EWWWWWWWWW!

End of discussion.

— Doc Velocity

Doc are you saying if the two of you were that last humans on earth the human race would cease to exist?

On a side note, we all know that personal experiences and beliefs will influence the decision making process, so how does that work with someone who might have the views of a small percentage of the population, but has the legal might to affect all?

I remember a case in California schools where the gays pushed the school district to incorporate gay children stories to be taught at the 2nd to 4th grade and won. I’m sure they saw this as a huge victory for their cause, but I look at my seven year old who sees girls as gross still and being in the position to answer questions I think are best answered at an older age.

As long as the focus is the constitution I have no issues, but I can see where other influences can override that.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Who cares really. Why is it on the ATS site and not on the BTS site. If she can do the job does it matter if she likes men or women? Maybe she never married cause she consintrated on her career.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowArcher

No Really, I mean remember that if she is a lesbian (I am very positive she is) the Religious rights are going to be all over this one.

And as for Sotomayor I am Puertorican and regret that she a la Raza butt kisser sympathizer and supporter is sitting in the supreme court

Obama choices are Making Bush lady friend blunder look like a joke.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Ok I found this article that enumarates the reason she could be a lesbian.

The Case that Kagan Is a Lesbian:

The haircut: Let's just get this out of the way. Kagan has a dykey haircut. Yes, it borders on stereotype, but the easiest way to spot any lesbian is based on her tonsorial choices and Kagan's short 'do says more "Melissa Etheridge concert" than it does "wash-and-go busy professional." That's not good or bad, it just is.

She's never been married: Sure, she might be a career woman too busy for love, or perhaps she never found the right person to marry. But she is almost 50 and still single. That sounds pretty gay, because gay people can't get married. (Then again she's been living in Massachusetts for the last several years and gay marriage is legal there.) Still, that's all many people need for a swift conviction on charges of gayness.

She's opposed to "Don't Ask, Don't Tell": Long a thorn in the side of the gay civil rights movement, Kagan is staunchly against the policy that has kept gay soldiers from serving openly. She called it "a moral injustice of the first order" and filed a amicus brief when the matter reached the Supreme Court. When she became dean of Harvard Law in 2003, she tried to kick military recruiters off campus because of her concerns about discrimination. The plan didn't go through because it would have cost the school millions in federal funding. But it does raise the question of whether this is a personal issue for Kagan, or just about her opposition to any form of discrimination. In any event, you can expect right-wingers to use her anti-DADT stance to insinuate she's a big ol' dyke.

She played softball: When she worked at the University of Chicago, she played softball. There are pictures to prove it. Sorry, but softball=lesbian.

She wears plaid: Okay, since we're digging out the circumstantial evidence, there is a picture of Kagan from 1977 where she is wearing a plaid, flannel shirt. Sorry, but, like softball, flannel=lesbian.

The mayor of Gaytown has endorsed her: Andrew Sullivan, who is the ringleader of the "gays into politics," says that she is part of his gay club. "She is, according to large numbers of people who have known her, a lesbian," he says. If anyone knows the truth, it's Gay Uncle Andy.

She's never denied the rumors: The Kagan lesbian rumors aren't new, but she's never made a public statement denying them. Here's the basic rule on gay rumors: If someone doesn't deny them or won't talk about them, then they are true.

Obama digs lesbian judges: When Obama was looking at replacements for Justice Souter last year, two lesbians were seriously considered for the slot that eventually went to Sonia Sotomayor. This has no bearing on Kagan specifically, but it shows the administration isn't completely petrified of nominating someone of the Sapphic persuasion.

The gay establishment is suspiciously quiet: Sure, Andrew Sullivan has said she's gay (as have several gay blogs), but much of the gay media has been mum about Kagan's sexuality. Is this because they're waiting for her to get her seat on the court first and don't want to rock the boat until then? It's entirely possible.

CBS News reported it: When Kagan's name was first floated last month, CBS News published a post by Republican blogger Ben Domenech calling her the "first openly gay justice." When pressured about the veracity of his claim, Domenech added to his post, "I have to correct my text here to say that Kagan is apparently still closeted—odd, because her female partner is rather well known in Harvard circles." Oh, so there's a partner? It's beginning to sound like Kagan is living in a glass closet, going about campus with her lady lover, but refusing to confirm it on the record.

The same page talks as why she may not be lesbian at all, but the list is a lot shorter.

m.gawker.com...

Now

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Does it really matter if she's gay??????

She obviously doesnt care about her appearance. I hate to be blunt...but here it goes.....

She is rather over-weight.

She has a man's hair-cut.

Not attractive... to men or women..and does'nt care.

her knuckles are still in-dented...like an infant's..

she's gonna be comedic fodder for Leno, Letterman and Stewart...

we will laugh at their jokes...and never admit it.

If she is good at her job...great...but she has now accepted the fact that she is in the public eye and this sort of thing is going to happen... if she don't like it she can get a make-over and JennyCraig.

If she doesnt want to be the butt of jokes... then stay at her 6 figure job at the university.

this is the American way..get used to it.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Okay - I have to admit the hair is BAD, bad, bad (worse than Hilary's)

Does Obama really dig lesbian judges?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by marg6043

Okay - I have to admit the hair is BAD, bad, bad (worse than Hilary's)

Does Obama really dig lesbian judges?

I can just see her life partner look into her eyes and say... "Your mind is beautiful" I think you all are jealous....
Back when she played Pat on SNL she was kind of cool though.

What is that old joke..if my dog was that ugly I would shave his ass and make...oh never mind...

[edit on 12-5-2010 by Xtrozero]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Yea, a lipstick lesbo. Just my type.

she turns me on bad.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

I don't know, I had no idea that Obama was looking into specific gender candidates for the position of Supreme court judge.

One look at Ms. Kagan and I knew she was not the regular married with children woman.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Moonsouljah

Here sexuality shouldn't even up for discussion. Just like someone's race or religion.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moonsouljah

I think you guys are so vehement to defend one lesbian you would persecute another.

Well, let's assume you are a lesbian. What would it matter that you are? You think people would just treat you different and "nicer" if they knew you were one?

i don't think you're getting the point that people are making. It doesn't matter what someone's sexual orientation is no matter what.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/766a9e8b2276.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Moonsouljah

Great question OP. She is definitely a lesbian. You have to work hard to look that butch, it doesn't just come naturally to a normal woman.

Obama appears to have a thing for butch looking lesbians. I mean Janet Napolitono is like one gene from being a man. My theory is that they represent the man he desires to be someday.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by Luca Brasi]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Whether or not she is a lesbian matters a lot if she is going to be a supreme court justice. I mean their whole job is taking their perception of the world and applying it to law. Dont you think being a lesbian may skew her perception in a way that is different from the 95% of the population that is straight?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Honestly - I gotta say it is the "order of the question" and the display that disturbs me.

"Is Kagan a Lesbian" (in bold) - - HERE IS YOUR TARGET - - - I PRESENT TO YOU with a Capital L.

Then you ask - "would her sexuality bother you?"

-------------------------------------------------

Actually NO.

But I feel "set up". And that you set her up.

Kind of reminds me of how polls are set up with leading questions - - to sway the answer.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join