It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Kagan a Lesbian?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
That's my question.

It would seem she has never been married. Do you think her sexuality is important? Or is it like a birth certificate- not necessary for hire?

Edit to remove Picture of Kagan

[edit on 12-5-2010 by Moonsouljah]

[edit on 12-5-2010 by Moonsouljah]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Moonsouljah

Yeah, topics defining middle-school gossip are of paramount importance when picking a supreme court justice.

Time and time again, it is shown that truly secure (and committed) heterosexuals do not care about, nor fell threatened by, homosexuality. There is a reason why these hateful zealots are falling out of the closet left and right.

*Snip*

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/054facc48a7e.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7be476339710.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a04e734d20ec.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ab941d50c737.jpg[/atsimg]

Why is this issue so important to you?

Best,
SN

[edit on 5/12/2010 by skunknuts]

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5/12/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Is she a lesbian ???

don't know, why don't we ask Ellen Degeneres ...

I do know she's short in stature
and has never served on a bench before.
Have no clue how that makes her qualified
for the Supreme Court of the land.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by skunknuts

Are you making a judgment or assumption on mysexuality?

Do you really think her sexuality won't influence her understanding of an issue whatsoever?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moonsouljah

Do you really think her sexuality won't influence her understanding of an issue whatsoever?

No, not really. She's already categorically stated that same-sex marriage is not constitutionally protected. Of course ALL of one's experiences influence interpretation of the world, but no reason to highlight what you are choosing. If she is gay, I hope she is ok w/ that, as it is the truly delusional closet cases that can do quite a bit of damage w/ their twisted psychology.

Are you making a judgment or assumption on mysexuality?

Interesting.

Best,
SN

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   

I hope you're right. But in a way, I'm confused. You've paralleled the *possible* situation with closeted politicians some of whom actually voted against gays rights?

Say she got the nomination, shot down gay marriage as a justice, and was then outed. Wouldn't she deserve the same lambasting?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   

I hope you're right. But in a way, I'm confused. You've paralleled the *possible* situation with closeted politicians some of whom actually voted against gays rights?

Say she got the nomination, shot down gay marriage as a justice, and was then outed. Wouldn't she deserve the same lambasting?

Well, there's a difference between being anti-gay and/or a hater vs. truly interpreting the constitution as not protecting the rights of same sex marriages.

But I do see what you are saying, and that's kinda why I got pissed, as maybe I thought you were just trying to be a jerk (like the idiots bringing up whether she is 'hot or not'). I think that society would be much better if one's bedroom decisions didn't have to be such a thing. I just don't get how some chick down the road hooking up w/ another chick affects me and my girlfriend's relationship, you know?

Best,
SN

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Are you making a judgment or assumption on my sexuality?

Interesting.

It's interesting only because you likely made several inferences of sexuality and gender based on very limited information. I could be male, female, straight, bi, gay, or whole host of other 'labels' or ways of identification that you and I use to make inferences on situations. I think you might be downplaying the significance of these social markers in decision making.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
It's none of our business.

People really are just too freaky - always wanting to know who is in everyone else's bed.

Ugh.

peace

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   

I just don't get how some chick down the road hooking up w/ another chick affects me and my girlfriend's relationship, you know?

Usually it never would but when one of those chicks can single handedly shape the meaning of crucial laws that apply to 300million+ people including you it kind of affects you.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Well, true enough. Like I said, of course one's life experiences affect who we are, and how we think. But, does that make it anymore important than being black, male, hispanic, beautiful, asthmatic, jewish, old, ugly, catholic, slender, female, young, atheist, poor, obese, protestant, asian, or short, etc., etc.

I think intelligence and understanding of the law are the basic requirements. I like that she was not a judge, and actually wish she was even further out of the legal circle (like sandra day o'conner, for example).

Best,
SN

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Give me a break... I've been waiting for this thread for a week... And I can't believe that nobody but me saw the resemblance between Kagan and Lovitz!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2ecfd255d3f3.jpg[/atsimg]
Hey, Jon needs the publlcity. She doesn't.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 5/12/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Lol. Like I said, I don't think the constitution gets into issues of marriage. Ted Haggard was on record saying the most absurd and disgusting things regarding homosexuality. There is a difference between being a hater and not 'pushing the gay agenda,' whatever that is

That said, if Kagan does make rulings that classify one group or another as second-class (i.e. saying that domestic partnerships do not have legal standing), I will not be happy. Where I live, my girlfriend and I are able to be heterosexual domestic partners, and I think this option should be available to all couples who so choose to be (regardless of straight or gay).

Best,
SN

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Excuse me, we are talking about slam-dunk identical.

So, we are vetting SNL-like nominees?

Seriously, with Jon Lovitz in Drag as a Justice of the Supreme Court, we should bring in Chevy Chase as s White House staffer.

And Bill Murray as the greens keeper. LOL

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 5/12/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Usually it never would but when one of those chicks can single handedly shape the meaning of crucial laws that apply to 300million+ people including you it kind of affects you.

What a [snip] moronic thing to say. She's attracted to women instead of men, therefore you're screwed
#wit.

And that is on the assumption that she is. Just because she's short and fat doesn't make her a lesbian
Nor does the fact that she hasn't been married. My mother isn't married, and without working in such a time-consuming area as politics. Does that make her a lesbian? My very good friend is gorgeous, intelligent, funny and unmarried. She is certainly not a lesbian.

This is one of the more pathetic and pointless threads I've seen in quite some time. Shame you can't have anti-stars

Also "one of those chicks"?

Profanity removed

[edit on 12/5/10 by masqua]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Yeah, pretty good match.

Here here. I gotta leave this alone but here's one more hypothetical: Let's say her being a lesbian would bother other maybe only 25% of Americans. OK, pretend its a transsexual nominee, ?% have a problem with it. Still no big deal?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join