It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are posters on ATS (and other similar conspiracy/alternative media sites) agents of truth?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Minus the disinformation agents and establishment defenders, are we the source or link of where "truth" stems from?
Consider ATS's huge base and popularity, you are bound to have a few of the following posters on here:

-(High level) government officials of any nation, whether its politicians, military,law enforcement officers, intelligence or some other quasi government personnel
-credible scientists
-outspoken "celebrities"
-musicians/artists
-actors
-doctors
-lawyers
-professional athletes
-all others into conspiracies/coverups/alternative media/other skeptics.

Granted, there is some "far out" stuff on here which sometimes makes me wonder...
However, I can assure you we are not all nutjobs and genuinely seek and believe in the truth, no matter how far fetched it seems and no matter how hard someone else tries to lead us away from it. Hell, a few of us still remember the truth. What is it?

"The truth can be placed in the open; exposed naked to the entire world. The truth does not need any laws to protect it, and it does not need secrecy to protect it. The truth does not need evidence destroyed, nor does it need videotapes to be confiscated.

Only lies need secrecy; only lies need protection from laws. Only lies benefit from fear, secrecy, blackmail, gossip, and confiscation of evidence."

"The Truth is heavy, therefore few care to carry it. "

"The truth is "hate speech" only to those who have something to hide."

"When in doubt, tell the truth."

"The Greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest. "

"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side."

"The one who buries the Truth in the ground for safekeeping will lose it, while the one who does something with the Truth will receive more Truth. This is why some grow spiritually and some do not"

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I think there is more opinion and perception on here than truth. There's things to learn, but this place is just a bit of fun and distraction.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by thereaintnospoon
Are posters on ATS agents of truth?

90% of all tin-foil-hat theories are completely delusional.

Minus the disinformation agents and establishment defenders, are we the source or link of where "truth" stems from?

On the Contrary. And the mere fact that con-theorists think that those who disagree with them are "disinformation agents" shows just how Delusional some are.

However, I can assure you we are not all nutjobs

Thats usually the first thing a patient says when being taken to the rubber room. Im not saying you are a nutjob, but being so very sure of sanity, a trait you share with many other con-theorists, is not a good sign.

Just a little bit of self-questioning can go a long way. "Is what I think really true? Are there other ways to see it?" - now those are sane questions!

and genuinely seek and believe in the truth, no matter how far fetched it seems and no matter how hard someone else tries to lead us away from it. Hell, a few of us still remember the truth. What is it?

Truth is certainly not "he disagrees with me, therefore he is a disinformation agent" as you see it repeated a dozen times a day at this sites and sites alike.

Only lies need secrecy; only lies need protection from laws. Only lies benefit from fear, secrecy, blackmail, gossip, and confiscation of evidence."

The con-theorist looks at the world assuming everybody is lying and nobody can be trusted. This is not "truth", it is an emotional condition some also diagnos as a mental illness. Conspiracy and Crime exist, but seeing everything through that lense will certainly not reveal truth.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by lucid eyes

Well I don't really know which post you were reading..but I must disagree, I never once said or implied that I am the absolute truth on anything. I was just asking a question. There's no need for name calling, as my post meant no harm to anyone.
I am also not a con-theorist or whatever you mean. I am simply a skeptic. A true skeptic who doesn't automatically believe every piece of garbage shown on tv, played on the radio or written in books or the internet. That doesn't qualify me as a lunatic who belongs in a mental institution.

Maybe our definition of truth is what really differs here.

To me, there is only truth, everything else is a diversion or distortion thereof. We call these diversions or distortions lies or misrepresentation of facts or bending the truth, as its in our nature to put a label on everything and everyone.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by thereaintnospoon
reply to post by lucid eyes

Well I don't really know which post you were reading..but I must disagree, I never once said or implied that I am the absolute truth on anything. I was just asking a question. There's no need for name calling, as my post meant no harm to anyone.
I am also not a con-theorist or whatever you mean. I am simply a skeptic. A true skeptic who doesn't automatically believe every piece of garbage shown on tv, played on the radio or written in books or the internet. That doesn't qualify me as a lunatic who belongs in a mental institution.

Maybe our definition of truth is what really differs here.

Quite so. I also am a skeptic and a seeker of truth. This site wasn't made for "fun and distraction". Frankly I don't see the humor in any of the more popular theories. There is simply nothing entertaining about an overbearing government or 2012 doomsday theories.

For most, conspiracies are nothing more than a 'good ol fashioned heated debate'. Unfortunately, those are the ones who will do nothing more than debate. There are times I literally work days without sleep in pursuit of a scrap of proof. Finding the truth is not easy, but it is absolutely necessary. It is what drives most of us to be better than we are. TRUTH, pure unaltered TRUTH, is what drove the minds of some of the greatest men and women who ever lived to change the world they lived in.

I want to know why the world is the way it is. I want to know why I've seen the many, many strange things I've seen. I want to tear and rip away the lies, deception, and deceit to expose what is really happening. I want to experience each and every victory in person.

For some, its just not plausible to seek out the unknown. They have their reasons, I suppose. All I can say is eventually I'll have the truth in my hand...and they'll still be guessing.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Agents of truth, or just-

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/63382f541d64.gif[/atsimg]

You decide!

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I have to admit I try not to get hung up with all this disinformation stuff and take people for what they post, just as in real life I take people as I find them..

I do feel that given the type of material on the site, and the sometimes tenuous links being created, trying to also question the posters intention would give me serious headaches, so I don't bother..

That is not to say I don't research certain topics, but I research the topic not the poster, or the posters intentions...

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
Agents of truth, or just-

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/63382f541d64.gif[/atsimg]

You decide!

Lol, I love that pic!
David Wilcock's face is priceless, haha.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by thereaintnospoon

Thanks...

But I think Greer's face just screams-

"I'm a greedy liar!"

I want to print this out as a poster, but my hard-drive crashed and I lost the original file.

Boo to technology.

Thanks again!

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
The Nouveau on this page is going lower and lower, sice 8 Weeks - it seems to me worster the sun news what people post and discuss here. Most of them don't have any idea and competence what they are speaking or writing about. They never got the infos together but they post and post and post....pure BS.

My Activity on this page is going to ZERO. Because for me the most thing here, - are just idiotic, sorry.

All two months the same story comes again, like Chemitrails or the "moon landing hoax". This stuff has been debunked for about 1000 times alone on this page. People are very good in telling you: "deny ignorance" - and the same people are sure the most ignorant people I ever saw on the net.

For example the moon thing...jaxa made elevation data images from the landing sites of the Apollo crafts. Then they made a mesh model from that data and it looks exact the same like the Apollo Photos. THIS IS A FACT AND 100% proof. But no - two month later the same debate starts again from people that don't know what jaxa is.....YES ITS VERY SAD. I will come back maybe in a moth or so, to see the same # again, just posted from other Kids.

LOL

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Originally posted by Mr Mask

WARNING MY COMPUTER IS THE BEST ON EARTH but my hard-drive crashed....

...couldn't resist. Sorry dude!!

Peace

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
"Agents of Truth"?? Really???

Don't you think that's just a little - grandiose?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lilitu
"Agents of Truth"?? Really???

Don't you think that's just a little - grandiose?

Hey, I didn't say it. Agents of Truth sounds like a crappy super-hero squad.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
The perception of truth is a matter for each, individual reader. Any open source, social networking website is open to contributions from people who are willing to convey their opinions and passing on accounts of possible fact. The downside though, is that it is up to us to sift the wheat from the chaff, as the deluded, the disruptive or even agents of disinformation (either with personal motives or governmental agents) try to muddy the waters.

It is true that you can generally pin point the absurd from the first few lines of a post but others are a tad more harder to find.

top topics

join