It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

X Conference 2010 videos / results

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Tragic

Well, personally I would rather "save" myself. But I don't see that disclosure would open the doorway into - we don't have to think for ourselves now. That's just my opinion though.

Im glad youd rather save yourself. but heres how i believe it would play out- if disclosure came to soon, Everyone would think we were saved. we would stop trying.
do you think some 16 year old in highschool who watches MTV is going to want to keep going to school, when there is an advanced civilization present? why would you want to go to school and learn outdated things, or things that are more than likely wrong? Especially when some extremely advanced society COULD do everything for us? but thats the point, if they do everything for us, what will we do? I picture we would turn into the people from the time-machine. Lazy and complacent with nothing to do but lounge around in "luxury"

It could but then look at all the horrible things we have here already. I know I am more of a believer in the good in humanity and I tend to forget about the twisted ones that just want to rule. Argh But clean and "free" power. I mean that has to trump anything that may happen. If we have the technology underwraps right now and it's being kept away for reasons such as power, money, greed and fear. Well, maybe I'm being short sighted but that would make me really angry. Look at the damage being done to the Earth as well as ourselves because of Big Oil companies etc. for those reasons.

you have to remember, the more POWERFUL the weapon, the less "bad guys" are needed to do damage. remember the NYC bomber we had a few weeks ago? what if he had a device that created unlimited free energy? He could probly do more damage than a 1000 talibanis with ak-47s running through NYC.
One of the BIGGEST and most powerful technology we will ever have SOMEDAY is a device that creates free energy, and a device that can turn energy into matter using nano-assemblers.
These two things combined would create what we see on star-trek- It will take all that energy, and turn it into say, an apple or a drink. well that same technology could be used to create anything hypothetically. so yes, people may be getting better as a whole, but remember, the more powerful the tool, the more damage that can be done.

This I will have to agree on to a degree. I just think there are more ready then not. imo

the fact that MTV has more viewers than ATS would make me believe that there's a lot of us who arent ready. thats why i said ignorance is worse than evil in our world.

I think we are dumb enough as a whole to buy it completely. Not everyone, just most.

this is up in the air. It all depends how well TPTB play their cards. Remember how the global warming nonsense blew up when their email were hacked? I like to believe that ATS was one of the bigger driving forces in getting this info out their and ruined their plans. I do believe that the GW debate WAS going to be used to start instituting a form of global governance. so really, its up to "us" vs them.

I agree on this being our biggest issue. I don't think anyone is really evil per se. I think people's beliefs and ideals tend to get mixed up from lack of understanding & communication, probably even compassion. We end up in cut throat situation where ego simply will not allow for more than one resolution. Unfortunately, I don't see any kind of global unity happening without something huge and disastrous leading it

i do believe some people are just plain evil. However, I also subscribe to the idea of evolution and survival of the fittest/smartest. Heres the deal- we have a LIMITED amount of resources on this planet. now how we use these resources is VERY important when considering this could make or break our society as a whole. I know it sounds harsh to say, but I would much rather have some smart and successfull using our resources than the "welfare" society. No offense, but a majority of people i see on welfare are a CANCER to our world. Now what happens when a person gets cancer? Do we graft extra veins ONTO a tumor and help feed it? NO, we cut off its blood supply, or resources. IF we continue to let cancer grow on our planet, then we will have cancer. I hate to sound cold hearted, but I believe the future of humanity and getting off this rock is MORE important than respecting the "rights" of people who dont respect modern society, and act as parasites- not producing anything, but taking from the worker

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry

Originally posted by c3hamby

At this point I believe that we are mature enough to handle the truth if presented accurately. If ETs were here to burn up the Earth the ETs would have done it before we got as advanced as we are.

You mean our species is mature enough to handle such truth about alien life being real?

Sorry but when we are willing to blow up abortion clinics and other buildings in the name of organized religion, I doubt we're mature enough to handle anything.

Yes we do have a violent, immature society, but I do believe we are beyond the point of panicking if faced with the truth regarding ETs and that was the point of my earlier post.

Here is a 2002 Roper Poll you should check out:

www.ufoevidence.org...

This poll states that in 2002 72% that Americans believe the government is hiding information relating to UFOs. I know that there has been a more recent poll than that, but couldn't find it at this time.

Now, are we mature enough to handle the technologies? Probably not...however, some people state that the most dangerous people that could have ET technologies already have them....

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Thank you for taking the time to post this.

I believe that it is one of the keys to waking up the masses.
S&F

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

Ahhh, Ok I see where you're coming from now.
You've brought up a lot of good points that we can agree on and I respect the ones we don't.
Thank you for that, sir.
But ... I am still voting for disclosure

~Tragic~

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
"If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for a reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed."

-Albert Einstein

The Declaration of Independence states that in any incident that a seemingly unconstitutional law is passed that does infringe our rights that in that incident we shall overthrow the government and reestablish a newer, more efficient one. Often we go about our lives suspecting that our constitutional rights are fair and just and have not infringed anything in our lives unfairly, however, this is incorrect. For although your life might not be affected by the certain unjust principle in our laws, it does not, however, mean that it isn’t infringing the natural rights of others.

In the bill of rights it states that: “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”

Many people have told me things along the line of, "Your going to get yourself into trouble, your going to get people killed." Well in that case, the exercise to freedom of speech, and the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances, would all be trampled upon.

Why do we not exercise our right to show the will and power of the people. The government has and will continue to over extend their boundaries. We have the ability to alter or abolish as we please.

Within the 14th amendment, it states the following: “All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.”

Such infringements upon the 14th amendment are condoned in the Patriot Act which allows for the POSSIBILITY of torture, and the illegal wiretapping of American citizens.

This cannot be allowed to persist. I have started an initiative on this concept. You can search for the facebook group True Patriots of America. Together we can make a history and fundamentally change the world as we know it.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
my friend all the videos were taken down. Mhhh i wonder why. I hope somebody has any adittional link to take a look at them

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
** DISCLOSURE ** should be FREE !!!

Disclosure Project is all about the money huh !

We don't need them...they need us!

Boo to disclosure fees...

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by HalfAWorldAway
my friend all the videos were taken down. Mhhh i wonder why.

No conspiracy here

The videos were removed by request of the paradigm research group.

You can watch the streams for 24,95 at the x-conference homepage.

I don't think it's a wise decision to charge the videos but the decision stands.
Would have been much better to stream the clips for free and to offer a dvd for those who want quality and supprt the paradigm research group.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by hedlesbill

Well Hedlesbill, I agree with you here.
Although, I'm failing to see where this connects to disclosure.
I just ... don't get it.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by -Blackout-

Copyright issues probably, you'll have to wait until the DVD comes out.

Doesn't anybody here find it a little hypocritical for a group that advocates freedom of information to charge for an internet stream of their conference?

Don't they make enough money leeching already?

Edit to say-sorry didn't read the 3rd page before posting.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by transiant]

[edit on 14-5-2010 by transiant]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   

For years I'm pretty sure you've always been able to "pay more" to see top secret material in ufology, so I'm not really surprised at this.

Doesn't this go against the whole idea of disclosure? It does. Plus, why is that these people claiming to have secret documents never seem to really have secret documents and can never source them?

[edit on 14-5-2010 by Jack Jouett]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
This video has been removed by the user.

why now?.

regarding the mars anomalies vids.

[edit on 15/5/2010 by survivor]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join