It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe tells Britain not to ask for help in a crisis

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
And you say in your sig it's Glorious England.. GIVE ME A BREAK.

Us here in Scotland, who have devolution (Our own parliment, but take orders from Westminster) would say "tut tut" to that.

We here in Scotland have 1 (ONE) Conservative PM.
The rest is mainly Labour and Lib Dems up north.

Yet we will suffer, because bank managers all over the world spent money they didnt have.
We bailed them out.
People are still losing homes
The banks STILL wont lend money.

SHAM

They should all be shot.

Must say when the housing markets crashed, I did have right laugh at the property market people. shoe on the other foot and all that.

Sadly out future is already planned, the script is writen, and we have to watch as it is played out.

We, the normal person, shall suffer.

I hope thier money tastes good when there is no foot.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by curioustype

France and Germany will not drop out of the Euro. If Germany did that, and switched the Mark even at a 1:1 ratio, her people would suffer, because the Mark wouldn't hold and the Euro would collapse.. it would effectively destroy Germany.. Germany got herself in WAY to deep. Much of Eastern Europe was financed by German banks and investors.. destroying the Euro would send all those people into tailspins, crippling the German and EU economy over night.

France....... is a joke. The Franc was a horrible currency .. the oldest in the World for sure, but worthless.. France helped pioneer the Euro / EU because she could get a free ride.. under Frances economy and government.. it's like a ballooned Greece.. much much bigger, but same problems. If the Franc was reinstated it would devalue to France "real value" .. practically nothing. I say "free ride" because the Euro's value depends on things like GDP per capita per state to determine the number of Euro's to be generated per state. States like Luxumburg and Ireland with really high GDP per capita are actually the foundation of the Euro .. they are the ones holding the value up for the mega economies like France. Germany could hold her own.. France, Spain, Italy, they'd collapse over night. Other countries like Eastern Europe supply the fresh uneducated cheap labor that is the oil to countries like France's economy, where as Germany has the tightest immigration laws, France has a love affair with immigrant workers.

So I wouldn't put to much stock into those rumors, they lack logical foundation.

And to the British peoples: Don't let the stickin French try to insult you.. just because they are soulless cowards who put their economies reliance on smaller countries doesn't mean they are better.. I mean, they're French for crying out loud.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

Americans love two countries: Britain and Ireland. Ya, we might drink German beer one weekend a year in October, and we pretend to think French food is worth a fortune .. but really you guys are the only ones we care about.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Its all games.....................like poker - who the hell are they to play with us the people, time we all stood up!!!

Not requesting a revolt just thoughts on social website?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
England is an Island and it's sinking. "God Save The Queen".

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by likeabull
England is an Island and it's sinking. "God Save The Queen".
[/quote

So is the rest of the World..........................

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Haven't read through all the posts here but I just wanted to ask why do these companies/countrys keep on getting bailed out?

When something doesn't work it should be allowed to die out so that a new and improved system/company can take its place.

It seem fairly obvious and I know theres more to it but are we all going to just keep bailing each other out?

Isn't the definition of insanity repeating the same thing and expecting a different outcome?

And since I'm typing this with my onscreen keyboard I wont even get into the fact that our hard earned and easily spent tax dollers are paying for this!

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Hatcookie

Answer: Throughout history not a single Government has been overthrown during times of prosperity. Every Government (internally) has been overthrown during times of depression, stagnation, upheaval, revolt, poverty and so forth..

What happens if we don't bailout Greece? ... Greece collapses, and drags down the entire Eurozone because of economic interweaving of finance and investment.. think the Greek riots are bad now.. just wait till the Gov can't pay the police to beat the protesters... wait till they join them..

All over Europe riots and revolts, revolutions and war COULD possibly break out with a complete economic collapse.

So we bail them out.. hoping that in the future the economy will be strong enough to take the shock of those debts, which has happened in the past.. in all likelihood it won't work forever.. at some point in the future, the entire house of cards will come down. Governments are simply... preparing for that moment.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
What did Germany and France do for the UK in World War 2? They went with the Euro not realizing what would happen if another country using the Euro was not fiscally responsible.

The UK shouldn't expect anything but neither should the Euro countries. This mentality that all sovereign countries are somehow obligated to help all other countries at the expense of their own tax payers has to go.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed

Europe tells Britain not to ask for help in a crisis

www.telegraph.co.uk

Britain has been warned it will be punished by Europe if the pound is hit by a financial crisis, after refusing to support a massive euro bail-out.

Officials from both euro and non-euro countries said Britain should not ask for help if it runs into trouble because it had not signed up to a £378 billion support fund.

Jean-Pierre Jouyet, a former French Europe minister and the current chairman of France's financial services authority, yesterday predicted only "God would help" a rudderless Britain after it snubbed its euro zone neighbours
(visit the link for the full news article)

This pisses me off so much. Along with France, the Netherlands and Germany, the UK is one of the principal partners that carries the whole damned EU since it's more or less a collection of western first-world nations and former Eastern Bloc which, although I wish them well, still do not have the economic capacity of those big powers. It annoys me so much that Brussels takes so much and then they go and say something stupid like this... The arrogant opportunists have been pushing through Community legislation which would make us liable for Billions of pounds of debt in shoring up the economies of faltering nations that shouldn't even have been included in the EU in the first place, doing this whilst we have no effective leadership to tell our representatives in Brussels how to vote (as we are certainly one of the less Federalist of the Member States in our ambitions).

Absolutely unbelievable. The key European players are sinking under the weight of the incumbent and impotent weak European economics (particularly the 12 that joined very recently). Irritating. Irritating. Irritating.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by Korg Trinity

Americans love two countries: Britain and Ireland. Ya, we might drink German beer one weekend a year in October, and we pretend to think French food is worth a fortune .. but really you guys are the only ones we care about.

I'll agree with you on those two countries and add one more, Poland. They brought down the Iron curtain, they have no need for the euro, and they're a hard working country like the other two.
Israel has my respect. They are surrounded by by people that have hated them from the beginning, yet G_D allows them to survive.
Who am I to argue with G_D.
IMHO

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hatcookie
Haven't read through all the posts here but I just wanted to ask why do these companies/countrys keep on getting bailed out?

When something doesn't work it should be allowed to die out so that a new and improved system/company can take its place.

It seem fairly obvious and I know theres more to it but are we all going to just keep bailing each other out?

Isn't the definition of insanity repeating the same thing and expecting a different outcome?

And since I'm typing this with my onscreen keyboard I wont even get into the fact that our hard earned and easily spent tax dollers are paying for this!

Because to do so would be contrary to the Eurocrat's notion of Europe as no longer being a continent of sovereign nations but a Federation of inter-dependent states working towards economic and social union. Letting the free markets and the invisible hand operate would expose the weak economies for what they are, and that is absolute anathema in Brussels. It is incredibly stupid, but sadly it's what we are burdened with here.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Too fecking right we didn't help to bail out the eurozone!

With all the countries in so much debt already its blatantly clear the current financial system isn't working. So instead of addressing the issues, lets all take out EVEN MORE debt, and just pretend the situation hasn't happened and everything is fine.

It's like being completely broke, realising you can't afford your bills, so taking out 5 credits cards to pay your bills... what happens when you have to pay that back? You're only going to end up even more screwed!

The Euro will dive even further down than it has already and maybe then these countries will wake up. Financial reform needs to happen NOW, not after getting into even more debt.

I for one don't want MY taxes to be bailing out other countries when we have enough of our own problems! At least that's one good thing about the Conservatives getting in, we're much less likely to be drawn into the Euro mess in the future. I'm more than happy for my taxes to go up slightly if it's helping to get us out of debt quicker (ok more than happy may be an overstatement! ... but you know what I mean
).

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Europe insisted on this big mega currency, and allowed a bunch of not so well run countries to join. On top of this, they had what was quite frankly crap fiscal policy to ensure the Euro remained good.

Now it is blowing up in their faces, they're just taking it out on us because we refuse to join, and will not help.

Why should we bail out another currency? They wanted it, they can solve it! We are helping via the IMF.

Why don't the US or Australia bail out the Euro? Makes as much sense!

Screw Europe! Tossers!

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
UK shouldn't expect "help" from Europe? That's a laugh.

Some of the "gifts" that Europe has given us include; Napoleon, Hitler, Spanish Armada, Communism, Fascism, and now this Euro mess. Thanks a lot, with friends like that who needs enemies?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Some more recent news with 'france' written all over it -

Sarkozy emerges buoyed from euro rescue effort

The enormous rescue effort for the euro has a distinctly French flavor — even down to the cookies served in marathon negotiations — and is a big point scored for French President Nicolas Sarkozy.

France is loudly claiming credit, with Sarkozy's prime minister saying French doggedness clinched the deal to try to save the currency that ties this continent together, and vowing to "reinvent the European model."

Europe's other powerhouses, while crucial to securing the joint European Union-International Monetary Fund plan, come off looking sidelined: Germany's Angela Merkel was humbled by agreeing to a rescue she long resisted; Britain was rudderless for days after inconclusive elections and in any case has a smaller role because it is outside the eurozone.

The resulting plan includes generous government backing for the loan package — something championed by France

Sounds like it's full steam ahead!

www.google.com...

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
I used to be proud of being a member of ATS.

What happened?

SIMPLE

Money!

It always gets ugly over Money!

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Too true.

someone once told me, never get into conversation about religion, poitics or money.

Pity i hadn't listened.....

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by grantbeed

Technically speaking, it's damn near impossible for Britain to be in Greece's position ... Britain is like the US .. they can monetize debt, they are in control of their own monetary policy .. countries like Greece cannot monetize debt, once they are out of Euro's ... that's it .. they have to beg others for assistance. This is what happens when you give your entire economic control over to a few international politicians/bankers in a far away city.

Idiots.

Very good VERY VERY good.
This is what many here seem to forget! I'm surprised after what? 8 pages nobody has brought this to light. The EU [cough cough French cough] Should really look at themselves and not lay blame elsewhere!

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Skeptron

True AND proven.

Churchill threw down every resource we had in World War II, to stop the Third Reich, and by the end of it Britain and the empire was spent in the effort, and we needed a bailout.

John Maynard Keynes negotiated one from the USA, which was finally paid off in 2006.

en.wikipedia.org...

On balance, mainland Europe has caused much mroe hassle than benefit to the UK, so this statement from them is just laughable.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join